• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm guessing the Bolt brass already DID give MG3 their final offer, and he didn't like it...
    That's the thing. I don't. I think they are playing car salesman. Stop. But if that is indeed the case, start working out trade packages & dont fuck around with that either.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

I also think RB by committee is where the NFL is heading and for good reason. The Bolts do have a decent committee wo Gordon. I think Justin Jackson is going to be better than we thought. He showed me some things as a rookie when he got his chance. That may be one reason why TT is holding the line on Gordon, the depth at the position the Chargers already have on the roster. Also, maybe team mgmt feels the strength of this team is going to be the defense and the offense doesn't have to be quite as elite (takes pressure of Rivers) and they'd rather invest what it would cost to keep MG in the defense.

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Oh please...not RB by committee, lol.

Reminder: NFL network replaying last years Chargers vs. Steelers tonight from last season, 12:00AM. They rarely replay the Chargers.

Didn't MG not play that game? That was the game J.J emerged.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

If telesco can trade Gordon for a OL to help now then pull the trigger, if not just let Gordon whine while
          his team wins.

I get wanting more more money now. But let's be real, you're making 5 million, it's not like he's making league minimum. I don't have any sympathy for Gordon, it's pure greed at this point. 99.9% of the world will never touch that much money in their whole life much less in a year. Go get some perspective and play the kids game for millions of dollars.

Comment

• Silversurfer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Los Angeles
            • Send PM

From Bleacher Report:

Trade from Buffalo

Gordon Compensation
            : 2020 fourth-round draft pick, offensive lineman LaAdrian Waddle and defensive end Shaq Lawson

I'm okay with this

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
              If telesco can trade Gordon for a OL to help now then pull the trigger, if not just let Gordon whine while
              his team wins.

I get wanting more more money now. But let's be real, you're making 5 million, it's not like he's making league minimum. I don't have any sympathy for Gordon, it's pure greed at this point. 99.9% of the world will never touch that much money in their whole life much less in a year. Go get some perspective and play the kids game for millions of dollars.
              While I get this sentiment, why don't we get as pissed at the billionaire owners for charging ridiculous money for ticket, apparel, merchandise, parking, etc? Owners have to pay coaches their entire contracts regardless if they fire the. Why isn't this good enough for the men wrecking their bodies/brains for our entertainment?
              We bitch at the "working man" player for not wanting to get less than market value but the FUCKING GREEDY owners rarely get backlash.

I would guess this will be a note of contention during the next union talks.

Ive never been a proponent for extending MGIII but I don't fault him for trying to maximize his value. This will be his best opportunity to do so.
              Last edited by like54ninjas; 07-12-2019, 10:03 AM.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

No, we won that without MG.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                  his team wins.

He's trying to protect his future, getting a 2nd contract with a boatload of guaranteed money before stepping into the field again. RBs, especially the physical ones like Gordon, risk career ending injury every time they touch the ball, more than any other player position. They take such beatings that their bodies wear down and their physic skills decline earlier than other player positions. In that context, I have no animosity toward MG for doing what he feels is best for himself. I think he is swimming upstream though. He's not going to get what he wants.

As for trading for good OL, I am with you there. If they do trade Gordon, I would prefer it to be for a player who can help the team right now, the window is open now. The OL needs the most help, and a good run-blocking OG or OT helps make up for the loss of MG in the running game.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Ekeler was the bell cow and the Steelers were able to bottle him up. Jackson took over in the 2nd half and had a big game on around 8 carries. The next week he also did well against a bad Zona front 7. Those back to back games were a good example of what he can do. But its a tiny sample size.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

While I get this sentiment, why don't we get as pissed at the billionaire owners for charging ridiculous money for ticket, apparel, merchandise, parking, etc? Owners have to pay coaches their entire contracts regardless if they fire the. Why isn't this good enough for the men wrecking their bodies/brains for our entertainment?
                      We bitch at the "working man" player for not wanting to get less than market value but the FUCKING GREEDY owners rarely get backlash.

I would guess this will be a note of contention during the next union talks.

Ive never been a proponent for extending MGIII but I don't fault him for trying to maximize is value. This will be his best opportunity to do so.
                      The owners are greedy, just like the players. But nobody forces any fan to pay for tickets or watch on TV so they have a choice. Gordon signed a contract and now doesn't want to honor it. I have no problem with him asking for an extension or asking for huge money next year when his contract is up. But not reporting and not honoring your commitment sucks.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Gordon should fire his agent, and fire himself as well. I think maybe he just did.

Sounds as if Gordon is all of a sudden making himself known around the NFL.

Respect me! Even tho I ain't exactly got the stats, except for last year. "Respect that and gimme a long term contract."

"Pal...you only produced last year"

"I'm going to get exponentially better".

Not so fast, dude.
                        Last edited by Caslon; 07-12-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Order your Detrez jersey now...
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X