• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Eric Williams@eric_d_williams
    Tom Telesco said Bolts offered Gordon a contract, but will go with what they have for now at RB. "I'm not naive: I know we're better with Melvin Gordon," Telesco said. "But we've got a strong group of guys that are here, and it's their time to work and get ready to go."
    At least TT is taking the high road in his comments on MG3. I would sure hate for this to turn into a dis war...

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

At least TT is taking the high road in his comments on MG3. I would sure hate for this to turn into a dis war...
      I expect nothing less.
      being a GM involves infinitely more responsibility than a starting RB.
      Admittedly, I'm a bigger TT fan than most here or anywhere really ha
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Eric Williams@eric_d_williams
        Tom Telesco said Bolts offered Gordon a contract, but will go with what they have for now at RB. "I'm not naive: I know we're better with Melvin Gordon," Telesco said. "But we've got a strong group of guys that are here, and it's their time to work and get ready to go."
        TT just called a high percentage of posters on this board naive

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Trent Williams is holding out in Washington. It sounds like Russell Okung is dealing with a pretty serious medical issue. Eric Williams, who covers the Bolts for ESPN, reported today Okung could miss regular season games.

The running back situation in Washington is unstable. Adrian Peterson is 34. Derrius Guice and Samaje Perine are both injury messes.

Would you trade Gordon straight up for Trent Williams? Williams just turned 31. Would Washington make such a trade?
          Williams is the same age as Okung, who will 31 in October. Both were drafted in the top 10 in 2010 2 pics apart. Williams has been one of the best left tackles in the league since he was drafted. 7 consecutive Pro bowls.

I don't know if Gordon is equal in value to Williams. But if such a trade were made, imagine how it would elevate the quality of the offensive line immediately. If we acquired Williams, if and when okung returns, one of them would have to right side.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

HUH? I don't think there is one person that doesn't think we are NOT better with MGIII. The question is how much better GIVEN THE COST, which can have huge trickle down effects on the roster down the line. . I think most of us here on the same page as TT. Sorry that page is not in your book.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
              Trent Williams is holding out in Washington. It sounds like Russell Okung is dealing with a pretty serious medical issue. Eric Williams, who covers the Bolts for ESPN, reported today Okung could miss regular season games.

The running back situation in Washington is unstable. Adrian Peterson is 34. Derrius Guice and Samaje Perine are both injury messes.

Would you trade Gordon straight up for Trent Williams? Williams just turned 31. Would Washington make such a trade?
              Williams is the same age as Okung, who will 31 in October. Both were drafted in the top 10 in 2010 2 pics apart. Williams has been one of the best left tackles in the league since he was drafted. 7 consecutive Pro bowls.

I don't know if Gordon is equal in value to Williams. But if such a trade were made, imagine how it would elevate the quality of the offensive line immediately. If we acquired Williams, if and when okung returns, one of them would have to right side.
              In a heartbeat I make that trade.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  IMO 10-11 MM is a more than fair deal given his production and injuries. the top guys have all been All Pro, rushing titles etc. They have all also avg more than 66 yards rushing a game, and had more than 1 season over 4 ypc. MGII is getting bad advice and I don't see TT moving from his offer.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

TT was being diplomatic, tossing respect at MGIII.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

IMO 10-11 MM is a more than fair deal given his production and injuries. the top guys have all been All Pro, rushing titles etc. They have all also avg more than 66 yards rushing a game, and had more than 1 season over 4 ypc. MGII is getting bad advice and I don't see TT moving from his offer.
                      Still a pretty high number if true.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I absolutely wouldn't offer higher than that. It is a fair offer given his injury history and our cap space. Honestly, if I were king he would not have even gotten that high of an offer.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Wow, and he didn't take it?? Is he mental?

Comment

Working...
                          X