• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • screeme18
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2019
    • Send PM

I feel like Cardale has reached what he will be, while Stick is as good as Jones now but has room for growth.

I'll be gobsmacked if Stick is let go

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

The Chargers probably have their minds made up as to who backs up Rivers. That's why I want to see more of this late round QB draft pick.
      I mean...you acquired Jones and Taylor. Put your QB draft pick in for more than one series late in the game.

Then again, the Chargers might want to check out deep roster receivers and want seasoned QB's like Jones and Taylor to assess that remaining WR talent. Signing Inman is probably a death knell to some. "Damn! Another year on the practice squad".

Innman. A situational receiver. Not great. Solid at times. Not a go to guy but above the talent beneath him just by sheer experience.
      Last edited by Caslon; 08-25-2019, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        The Chargers probably have their minds made up as to who backs up Rivers. That's why I want to see more of this late round QB draft pick.
        I mean...you acquired Jones and Taylor. Put your QB draft pick in for more than one series late in the game.

Then again, the Chargers might want to check out deep roster receivers and want seasoned QB's like Jones and Taylor to assess that remaining WR talent. Signing Inman is probably a death knell to some. "Damn! Another year on the practice squad".

Innman. A situational receiver. Not great. Solid at times. Not a go to guy but above the talent beneath him just by sheer experience.
        I would like to see what Stick looks like with the 1s and 2s, but that isn't going to happen. Jones does look better than he ever did before in this preseason, but he had nowhere to go but up. Reality is if either get into a game we are in deep, deep trouble so it's just for the future.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Not if TT trades Tyrod to the Colts.
          Not happening. They arent going to trade Tyrod. Look Stick shows some ability but the homerism is at an alltime high. Dude played against 3rd stringers....nd looked good doing it but its 3rd stringers. He is always the last QB to get playing time so hopefully he surpasses Cardale but you all are dreaming if you think he will surpass Tyrod.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-25-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not happening. They arent going to trade Tyrod. Look Stick shows some ability but the i think homerism is at an alltime high. Dude played against 3rd stringers....nd looked good doing it but its 3rd stringers. He is always the last QB to get playing time so hopefully he surpasses Cardale but you all are dreaming if you think he will surpass Tyrod.
            We absolutely will not trade our backup QB at this point. It was reported last week that we are not interested in trading for anyone and will be looking at the final cuts for a possible backup swing lineman. Tevi and Scott are our staring tackles. Either the coaching staff is much higher on them than most people here are or perhaps Okung could actually come back at some point and they are buying time.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by screeme18 View Post
              I feel like Cardale has reached what he will be, while Stick is as good as Jones now but has room for growth.

I'll be gobsmacked if Stick is let go
              If the Bolts try to stash Stick on the PS, the Colts and several other teams will poach him quicker than you can say "Wes Welker"...

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If the Bolts try to stash Stick on the PS, the Colts and several other teams will poach him quicker than you can say "Wes Welker"...
                I think the fans here are higher on Stick than any GM out there.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

After that highlight reel Stick put on vs. the Seahags, u don't think a few GM's who need a developmental QB will notice?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Agree, i think once again we put too much value on our own players

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

After that highlight reel Stick put on vs. the Seahags, u don't think a few GM's who need a developmental QB will notice?
                      If they think doing well against 3rd stringers and guys that will be cut is impressive,.....then maybe. But every team has a development type QB. Colts have Chad Kelly who has looked good in preseason.
                      Even Nathan Peterson has done well in preseason for the Raiders.
                      ​​​​​​
                      i got to think our staff keeps him over Cardale but who knows.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Las Vegas, NV
                        • Send PM

I agree Stick would be safe on PS which makes sense for him.

All teams fans overvalue skill position players on their team like Stick. The poachers are looking for the thin positions to fill like OL.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If they think doing well against 3rd stringers and guys that will be cut is impressive,.....then maybe. But every team has a development type QB. Colts have Chad Kelly who has looked good in preseason.
                          Even Nathan Peterson has done well in preseason for the Raiders.
                          ​​​​​​
                          i got to think our staff keeps him over Cardale but who knows.
                          Cardale made a few decent completions, but didn't drive the Bolts to any TD's. Stick, in limited action, took charge and drove the Bolts TWICE for TD's. 'Nuff said...

Comment

Working...
                          X