• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

I agree with the sentiments of the posts above.

:nod::nod::nod:
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Recapping the Week: DE Joey Bosa 'Looks Awesome' at the Start of OTAs

Chris Hayre TEAM REPORTER

Mike Nowak/Los Angeles Chargers
      Pro Bowl defensive end Joey Bosa "looks awesome" at the start of organized team activities.

It was obvious to see: Joey Bosa returned to Hoag Performance Center on Monday for organized team activities in tip-top shape.

"Thanks," he said. "It's probably just the haircut."

Fresh cut and dry humor aside, the Pro Bowl defensive end explained that training in the hot Florida sun coupled with his mom's offseason meals has him leaner entering his fourth NFL season. Bosa said his playing weight is the same - around 270 pounds - just with more muscle.

"He looks awesome," Defensive Coordinator Gus Bradley said of Bosa. "He feels really good. So, to get him back on the field - just that brotherhood part where the guys are together again - I think that's important. You can always count on him. It's great to see him. He looks to be in great shape."

When it comes to football, Bosa said there's no substitute for actually being with his teammates and coaches. He said the next two weeks and the upcoming June minicamp are opportunities to knock the rust off and further improve his craft as a pass rusher.

A foot injury suffered in training camp last season sidelined Bosa until Week 11. He finished 2018 with 5.5 sacks in six starts.

Entering OTAs, Bosa said he has no limitations.

"I'm as fast and strong as I've ever been in my life," Bosa said. "It's just about some little things like my hands and stuff, but as a defensive lineman, you're going to deal with that stuff. I just have to take care of myself in that sense, tape up and keep doing what I'm doing."

Bosa said he preemptively approached some of his new teammates Monday to introduce himself and learn names. They already had a few questions for him about technique.

It may behoove them to just watch and learn.

"On the field, he brings it every single play," Head Coach Anthony Lynn said. "He brings it."
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post
        ...His agent also made noise about Lamp considering demanding a trade during last season because ...

LOL ... because maybe he should just ST*U. he wants WHAT?

thats unreal. dude banked 2nd round money for 2 years to take ice baths and he contemplated demanding a trade?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          I agree with the sentiments of the posts above.

:nod::nod::nod:
          Totally thirded.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats an update? It really says nothing that we didn't already know. Looks like last year's quotes.
            I was responding to Panamamike's request for a link on Lynn not wanting to disrupt the "chemistry" of the O-line by moving Lamp to starter last season. Not an update, just background info. Look:

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Not sure what u mean by Lynn's definition. Can u post a link pls to save me looking?

They expect tevi to get better and rightfully so. He has very few reps as an OT (started at DL in college). they have watched his growth a lot more than we have. Big year for all 3.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Listened to an Eric Williams radio interview today and one of the things he discussed was the depth at linebacker this season compared to what we were down to at the end of last season. He says that Davis, Perryman and Nwosu are our starting linebackers in our base defense and Brown and White will see a lot of time. He also mention that Bradley was pretty pleased with Tranquill and that he is being trained to play all 3 positions.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Oh fuck yeah! Glad these non-important positions are shored up!

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Listened to an Eric Williams radio interview today and one of the things he discussed was the depth at linebacker this season compared to what we were down to at the end of last season. He says that Davis, Perryman and Nwosu are our starting linebackers in our base defense and Brown and White will see a lot of time. He also mention that Bradley was pretty pleased with Tranquill and that he is being trained to play all 3 positions.
                  Tranquill is multi talented.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Grinners
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Tranquill is multi talented.

Which one?

One of our rooks, Drue Tranquill just had his baby, go on and wish him well :^)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post

Which one?

One of our rooks, Drue Tranquill just had his baby, go on and wish him well :^)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chargers/co..._had_his_baby/
                      The kid has linebacker eyes.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

just gotta post this and offer the following sentiments/if as....

?? Davis >> Perryman
                        ?? Jatavis >> Kyzir
                        ?? Tranquil >> Egbule

does Dzubnar stick ?? (should he stay or should he go now ?)

is Nwosu more a LEO or a SAM ??

does it not speak well of the talent on our Dline if and when a talent like TY McGill might land on the ps ??

?? Kemon Hall & Rodney Randle >> Jeff Richards & Arrion Springs
                        ?? Adarius (Jahleel 2.0) Pickett >> Jaylen Watkins

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2019/5/27/18640909/nfl-draft-los-angeles-chargers-defensive-depth-chart
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          just gotta post this and offer the following sentiments/if as....

?? Davis >> Perryman
                          ?? Jatavis >> Kyzir
                          ?? Tranquil >> Egbule

does Dzubnar stick ?? (should he stay or should he go now ?)

is Nwosu more a LEO or a SAM ??

does it not speak well of the talent on our Dline if and when a talent like TY McGill might land on the ps ??

?? Kemon Hall & Rodney Randle >> Jeff Richards & Arrion Springs
                          ?? Adarius (Jahleel 2.0) Pickett >> Jaylen Watkins

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2019/5/27/18640909/nfl-draft-los-angeles-chargers-defensive-depth-chart
                          I think Dzubnar gets cut before the final 53. He good on ST's, but he's a one-dimensional LB who cannot cover worth squat. I looked it up--he's never gotten a pick or a PD his entire CAREER. Look at all the LB's the Bolts have signed or drafted lately: Davis, Tranquill, Egbule, ALL are LB's who are dual threat to stuff the run AND can cover. Our defense is evolving to be able to stop QB's like Brady and Mahomes, who can pass on any down, and we need the horses in place who have the flexibility to stop anything modern offenses throw at us.

Comment

Working...
                          X