• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Something major did happen with Lamp last year. He was still rehabbing and wasn't fully healthy until halfway through the season.
    If true that would make sense. But I thought reports during the season was that he was a healthy scratch? And last off-season wasn't there chatter that he might start? I dunno, just seems weird when I've seen this team trot out swaybacked ponies at any and all positions, even OL, at any point in the season.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If true that would make sense. But I thought reports during the season was that he was a healthy scratch? And last off-season wasn't there chatter that he might start? I dunno, just seems weird when I've seen this team trot out swaybacked ponies at any and all positions, even OL, at any point in the season.
      Lamp was physically ready (allegedly) after the 2018 bye week. Having no career NFL starts and no practices in pads during the 2018 training camp or practices with the starting group, Lynn elected to go with the vet Schofield
      There was chatter that he might start - until a 2nd arthroscopic "clean up" left him in guarded status through OTAs & training camp.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I disagree. The oline, more than any other grouping needs reps together. He missed both offseasons and you don't get them in practice during the season. he will now earn his spot and get plenty of reps with the other linemen. i am expecting big things from Lamp this season.
        Its May, not December. If Lamp is as good as some think, he should be starting before opening day. If he can't beat out either Feeney, Schofield (who i'm not impressed with), or Tevi at OT - forget it, he's really not very good.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Its May, not December. If Lamp is as good as some think, he should be starting before opening day. If he can't beat out either Feeney, Schofield (who i'm not impressed with), or Tevi at OT - forget it, he's really not very good.
          Thanks for the calendar update. My point is that he needs the reps from now -august to have an opportunity to win a starters job. Until this year he has not had a healthy offseason yet. If he stays healthy i believe he will win a starting job.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Thanks for the calendar update. My point is that he needs the reps from now -august to have an opportunity to win a starters job. Until this year he has not had a healthy offseason yet. If he stays healthy i believe he will win a starting job.
            He is still on his rookie deal. It would be a disappointment if he doesn't win a job right away, but given the fact he is still basically a rookie, why would anyone think he should be given up on. He should get the same chance to develop that every other young player should get. He has been injured once, even though it has dragged out over 2 seasons. This is nothing more than fans having the patience of a 2 year old.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

You're welcome . I agree, I thought the argument was that for this year - last year's 5 have an intrinsic starter advantage because of "continuity". Mybad. We saw the games, I saw a lot of discontinuity at times, personally. The entire NE game, it was as if Scho and Tevi had never played together, maybe not even seen the same playbook,.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You're welcome . I agree, I thought the argument was that for this year - last year's 5 have an intrinsic starter advantage because of "continuity". Mybad. We saw the games, I saw a lot of discontinuity at times, personally. The entire NE game, it was as if Scho and Tevi had never played together, maybe not even seen the same playbook,.
                Yep. So much for chemistry or continuity or whatever.

The simple, obvious answer to all this is, we need better players. Possibly better coaches.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Lamp was physically ready (allegedly) after the 2018 bye week. Having no career NFL starts and no practices in pads during the 2018 training camp or practices with the starting group, Lynn elected to go with the vet Schofield
                  There was chatter that he might start - until a 2nd arthroscopic "clean up" left him in guarded status through OTAs & training camp.
                  All true. Some people are also forgetting Lamp DID play in at least 1, if not 2, REAL games at the end of last season with no setbacks. His agent also made noise about Lamp considering demanding a trade during last season because was fully ready to play before they let him (the healthy scratch thing). We all get the idea of continuity on the OL and importance of chemistry in your starting 5- but guys do get hurt or replaced for bad performance during season all the time and you need others to step in for them and still win. Okung has missed games, Pouncy has missed some time, and last season started with a RT rotation of Barksdale and Tevi until Barksdale was let go for reasons still not clear. Tevi regressed down the stretch after taking over full time. Moral of the story is you play your best 5 at any given time, even if things aren't equal during the off season.
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yep. So much for chemistry or continuity or whatever.

The simple, obvious answer to all this is, we need better players. Possibly better coaches.
                    The entire team was outcoached and outplayed against NE. Most of the damage was on the defensive side.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

The entire team was outcoached and outplayed against NE. Most of the damage was on the defensive side.

TG
                      Very true. And does not excuse any one squad or player.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Last year is over. We are beginning a fresh start. Lamp will have his opportunity amd i expect he will take the preverbial bull by the horns.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I hope & pray that we meet NE again in 2019. BB is obviously a great coach, however that foes not mean Lynn's Chargers can not beat NE. Nothing would please me more than putting that superstition to rest.

Comment

Working...
                          X