• Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

A piece of advice. Don't mention blind faith when you list Matt Kalil and Clark as examples of quality LTs or better options. Trent Scott is legitimately better than those two. That's how bad Kalil and Clark are. As for the draft picks mentioned, I see a lot of RTs. Maybe some of them could be LTs but they also have weaknesses that rival Pipkins as well. The difference is that Pipkins not only has more upside but because he's so raw, he is more moldable and had less bad habits to unlearn. Regardless, I don't see any of the OT picks you've mentioned helping us immediately at the LT position. It's just unfortunate that Okung's heart issue threw a wrench into the whole plan.
    Khalil and Chris Clark were decent starters in their careers and would be quality depth at least. Trent Scott hasn't proven anything and struggled against preseason scrubs. All the other OTs graded above Pipkins. Either way keep up the blind faith and we'll leave it at that

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Khalil and Chris Clark were decent starters in their careers and would be quality depth at least. Trent Scott hasn't proven anything and struggled against preseason scrubs. All the other OTs graded above Pipkins. Either way keep up the blind faith and we'll leave it at that
      Maybe do some research before talking about blind faith. Kalil and Clark were definitely something a long time ago. Not sure if the decent is the right word. And that's nice that the other OTs were graded above Pipkins.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Grade: F

Matt Kalil has earned PFF grades of 43.8, 68.4 and 36.9 over the past three seasons, one of which was almost entirely lost to injury. His best season was as a rookie in 2012, and since then, he has been varying shades of poor. His play suggests he should be making little more than the veteran minimum, not walking into another starting job as one of the best-paid tackles in the league

Last edited by Panamamike; 08-21-2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Ontario , Canada
          • Send PM

Maybe do some research before talking about blind faith. Kalil and Clark were definitely something a long time ago. Not sure if the decent is the right word. And that's nice that the other OTs were graded above Pipkins.
          Maybe you should. A long time ago? Kalil was a starter in 2017 missed last yr w an ACL. More ex than Trent Scott. Chris Clark started in 2018 for 13 games w CAR Again more exp than Trent Scott. Either would be better. Either way we'll leave it there For the last time
          Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 08-21-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Maybe you should. A long time ago? Kalil was a starter in 2017 missed last yr w an ACL. More ex than Trent Scott. Chris Clark started in 2018 for 13 games w CAR Again more exp than Trent Scott. Either would be better. Either way we'll leave it there For the last time
            I have. That's why I said Kalil and Clark are bad because I've seen them play. Kalil, in particular, could never stay healthy and was soft when he was on the field. That's why he's on his third team now. Experience means nothing if you're awful at it. At least Trent Scott is still an unfinished product and can get better. And it's not like TT hasn't shown a propensity to go after quality FA OL ie. Okung, Pouncey, and to a lesser extent Slauson and Dunlap. It just shows that there were none that either didn't fit our scheme, were not an upgrade over what we currently had, or both.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

I have. That's why I said Kalil and Clark are bad because I've seen them play. Kalil, in particular, could never stay healthy and was soft when he was on the field. That's why he's on his third team now. Experience means nothing if you're awful at it. At least Trent Scott is still an unfinished product and can get better. And it's not like TT hasn't shown a propensity to go after quality FA OL ie. Okung, Pouncey, and to a lesser extent Slauson and Dunlap. It just shows that there were none that either didn't fit our scheme, were not an upgrade over what we currently had, or both.
              So have I. He was still a starter who had injuries. Just signed a $7.5M deal to be the starting LT w HOU because he was so bad? Scott is nowhere near that level. But for the last time either way believe any nonsense you want.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Blind faith is all fans have regards player improvement. Gold plated FAs are often fails, developmental players can earn a trip to the pro bowl.
                I put my faith in coach Lynn & his choices. 9-7, 13-5 look real good after 4-12, 5-11

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

So have I. He was still a starter who had injuries. Just signed a $7.5M deal to be the starting LT w HOU because he was so bad? Scott is nowhere near that level. But for the last time either way believe any nonsense you want.
                  Quality FA LT earn a lot more than that these days. For the most part he has been hot garbage since his rookie year, and only some of that is due to injury. HOU will still have one of the worst Olines in the league, and his play will be a factor in their woeful play. i am not against bringing in an oline vet, but he is not a guy I would have pursued.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Quality FA LT earn a lot more than that these days. For the most part he has been hot garbage since his rookie year, and only some of that is due to injury. HOU will still have one of the worst Olines in the league, and his play will be a factor in their woeful play. i am not against bringing in an oline vet, but he is not a guy I would have pursued.
                    Not arguing to bring him in either. OP argued there were no quality FA available. There were. Listed 2 who would be better depth than anything we have now at LT.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I don't think you know what nonsense actually means. Here let me help.
                      Nonsense: thinking that because Houston is stupid enough to pay $7.5M for a bad LT, it means that that LT is actually decent.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Ontario , Canada
                        • Send PM

I don't think you know what nonsense actually means. Here let me help.
                        Nonsense: thinking that because Houston is stupid enough to pay $7.5M for a bad LT, it means that that LT is actually decent.
                        I don't think you know more than their GM so no help there bud.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Not arguing to bring him in either. OP argued there were no quality FA available. There were. Listed 2 who would be better depth than anything we have now at LT.
                          The Washington Post Sports section provides sports news, video, scores, analysis and updates about high school, college, and pro sports teams, including the Capitals, Nationals, Washington Football Team, United and Wizards. Post Sports also offers blogs and discussions about the latest sports news.

I guess we have a different definition of quality. His horrific PFF grades i posted earlier reinforce these stats. Personally i think i would have to squint until my eyes were shut to see how he is an upgrade at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X