• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Tired of waiting around for fliers to develop. The OT position must be addressed this draft. I doubt Rivers wants to come back next year given the state of the OL. Even if PR does come back, I doubt he'd be very effective behind the "wait-and-see" OL. Maybe it's time to use the transitional QB Taylor next year, re-build the OT position with a 1st rounder, and use some of that cap-space on a FA center and/or guard. Put the idea of getting an OT through FA away... teams just don't let quality OT's get away Go raid other teams that are in "cap-hell"for their FA centers and guards. Start cutting dead weight along the OL. Everyone knows that Pouncey and Okung won't be back next season. Schofield shouldn't be back next year either. Prepare for a rookie QB in 2021. Give him a chance to be successful. Fix that OL in 2020.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      Tired of waiting around for fliers to develop. The OT position must be addressed this draft. I doubt Rivers wants to come back next year given the state of the OL. Even if PR does come back, I doubt he'd be very effective behind the "wait-and-see" OL. Maybe it's time to use the transitional QB Taylor next year, re-build the OT position with a 1st rounder, and use some of that cap-space on a FA center and/or guard. Put the idea of getting an OT through FA away... teams just don't let quality OT's get away Go raid other teams that are in "cap-hell"for their FA centers and guards. Start cutting dead weight along the OL. Everyone knows that Pouncey and Okung won't be back next season. Schofield shouldn't be back next year either. Prepare for a rookie QB in 2021. Give him a chance to be successful. Fix that OL in 2020.
      I think TT has proven that he can't draft OL. In fact, the 2019 draft is looking like a bust across the board with absolutely no help this season. Tillery's snaps have gone down not up, Adderley won't see the field, Pipkins better not see the field, Tranquil may be ok but he's not an impact player. Stick will never see the field, etc.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think TT has proven that he can't draft OL. In fact, the 2019 draft is looking like a bust across the board with absolutely no help this season. Tillery's snaps have gone down not up, Adderley won't see the field, Pipkins better not see the field, Tranquil may be ok but he's not an impact player. Stick will never see the field, etc.
        Then get someone who can draft OL. What's the point in keeping a guy that can't evaluate the most important group of players on the team...?

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

And fire Pat Meyer while you're at it...

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

And fire Pat Meyer while you're at it...
            agree with this and your above post. Enough is enough

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Probably premature. I can see Tranquil starting & Adderley turning into a real good player. Egbule?

Tillery never impressed me in college. Pipkens seems like one of these projects that takes up roster space for 3 years before finally being abandoned.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

LACC TE=Boltnut;n847462]And fire Pat Meyer while you're at it...[/QUOTE]

Ironic that we play TEN this week,
                wouldn't you have to admit ?

Conklin and Lewan, who you touted LOUDLY,
                are failing under Keith Carter and former Charger Oline coach Tom Sullivan.

Keith Carter was kicked out of ATL.
                Then ATL drafted McGarry/Lindstrom 1-2 this year. They are a fail.

Allow for injuries, people...no revolving door @ LAC.

:coffee:
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Then get someone who can draft OL. What's the point in keeping a guy that can't evaluate the most important group of players on the team...?
                  What’s to evaluate? There are talent evaluators galore out there who publish rankings of players before the draft. Just take an OT that is a solid prospect by consensus. The worst thing you can do is think you are set for the future and do nothing.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

agree that 'tis prolly best we move on from the both of Pouncey/Okung, and prolly Scho as well.

as far as addressing OT in the draft, who is your annual Boltnut crush there ?? think Thomas is def off the board before we pick, and prolly the same for Wirfs and Leatherwood.... not sure I'm sold on too much after those three ??

do think we stay the course w/what we've got in Tevi, Scott and Pips, and ditto for OG w/Forrest, Dan and Q.... do think we have a (major) need @the OC as don't see Feeney adding up/working out there.

also see no reason Rivers won't be back next year, and would be wholly surprised if he migrated anywhere close to Decatur.... he's got about a dozen or so reasons to stay in Diego last I counted.

do think our QB in 2021 will be Tyrod, and that we draft someone to sit behind him for a bit.

and much prefer the talent in the draft @the OC as opposed to any FA centers for 2020, and re: the OGs, don't think the any of Leary, Long nor Scherff are gonna be overly affordable come 2020, let alone if they're even available ??

also don't think the Oline is all the problem that everyone is making it out to be, as MW/TB and MG3 are wholly underperforming/contributing.

we have seen what happens when Henry returns.... did the line suddenly start blocking better for Phil when he tosses it Hunter's way.... (we also saw what happened when Ryan Mathews returned to the fold and how our running game/Oline suddenly found the uptick).

Phil needs more to work w/in terms of receiving targets and a power running game.... this is the deficiency atm.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Probably premature. I can see Tranquil starting & Adderley turning into a real good player. Egbule?

Tillery never impressed me in college. Pipkens seems like one of these projects that takes up roster space for 3 years before finally being abandoned.
                      Tranquil may be an ok starter. Adderley has shown us nothing. Nada. Zip.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

agree that Jerry needs to get more snaps not less, do think Nasir sees the field, and hopefully sooner than later, do think Trey sees the field as well, albeit not for anything too overly crucial, and agree that it unlikely Drue is ever an impact player or a MLB for that matter.... do think he is a playmaker and a better WIL (or even 3-4 ILB), and.... re: Easton....

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

not sure Tranquill starts, do see Adderley as a solid, and ditto for Egbule for if and when Uchenna ever spells Supa Mel @LEO ??

not sure Tillery will ever be seen as "impressive," and not sure Pipkens will be "abandoned," albeit he might never be the anchor OT that obviously someone(s) in our scouting dept thought he might be.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Gotta wait till at least year 2 for most players.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X