• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    LACC TE=Boltnut;n847462]And fire Pat Meyer while you're at it...
    Ironic that we play TEN this week,
    wouldn't you have to admit ?

Conklin and Lewan, who you touted LOUDLY,
    are failing under Keith Carter and former Charger Oline coach Tom Sullivan.

Keith Carter was kicked out of ATL.
    Then ATL drafted McGarry/Lindstrom 1-2 this year. They are a fail.

Allow for injuries, people...no revolving door @ LAC.

:coffee:[/QUOTE]

The only one failing in TEN is Mariota. That's why he'll be riding the bench on Sunday. Conklin has a pff grade of 69... which is a whole lot better than Tevi or Scott.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

When Tenn wants to dump Conklin, Ill trade any of our cheaper tackles for him straight up.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Inaccurate comments.
        Football Outsiders rankings have TEN at bottom tier.
        Titans fans are not happy.
        Conklin has been injured.
        IOL is a fail.
        Seven sacks given up week six.
        Titans bottom tier in scoring.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Any comments about ATL ?
          Oh, that doesn't fit your narrative.
          Injuries are a bitch.
          And they do slow down Oline development.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

agree that 'tis prolly best we move on from the both of Pouncey/Okung, and prolly Scho as well.

as far as addressing OT in the draft, who is your annual Boltnut crush there ?? think Thomas is def off the board before we pick, and prolly the same for Wirfs and Leatherwood.... not sure I'm sold on too much after those three ??

do think we stay the course w/what we've got in Tevi, Scott and Pips, and ditto for OG w/Forrest, Dan and Q.... do think we have a (major) need @the OC as don't see Feeney adding up/working out there.

also see no reason Rivers won't be back next year, and would be wholly surprised if he migrated anywhere close to Decatur.... he's got about a dozen or so reasons to stay in Diego last I counted.

do think our QB in 2021 will be Tyrod, and that we draft someone to sit behind him for a bit.
            How many more wins do you see on the schedule...? Maybe 2...? Don't be surprised if we're picking at #5 or #6. Thomas would be my choice in that scenario. If we somehow finish better than expected, I think Leatherwood or Wirfs will be there at #10. Depending on Trey Adams health and Walker Little's knee recovery, I'd take those guys at #15 (if that's where we land).

Tevi is given a 58 grade by pff and Scott has a 47 grade. Pipkins may never develop. Tevi and Scott are decent run blockers but neither are pass blockers... don't mess around with the QB's health.

Lamp and Feeney (both of whom I liked) are on short notice. I'd take a peek at Quisenberry if Lamp/Feeney can't get it together.

Not only do we need to draft 2 OL but we should probably pick up a couple OL in FA should none of these guys show much improvement.

It's one of the reasons I think PR may not be back next year. If you bring him back, his market value is $31 million. Chargers go from $59 million cap space to $28 million... if he even agrees to come back. Cut Okung and you're at $73 million cap space. Cut Mebane and you're at $77 million.

What if you signed C JC Tretter ($10 mil), G Joe Thuney ($7 mil), and RT Jack Conklin ($10 mil) in free agency...? Then drafted Alex Leatherwood...?
            Leatherwood, Thuney, Tretter, Lamp/Feeney, Conklin. Depth: Lamp/Feeney, Quissenberry, Scott, Pipkins. Even Tyrod Taylor should be able to thrive behind that OL.

And you've got $45 million to still up grade other areas (DT, CB, WR)...
            Last edited by Boltnut; 10-17-2019, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Wild, wild conjecture.
              We have absolutely no idea what Okung's status is.
              Ranting in the face of one of the worst Charger Oline performances ever is one thing.
              Are you moving on from Rivers,
              or just completely changing our Oline and position coach
              in the twilight of Rivers career ?
              Game 1of Feeney's career at C
              and Lamp's career at OLG.
              A dearth of leadership.
              Overreaction. IMV.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

A drummer leading the drumbeat in the non stop, never ending Oline complaints
                on all Charger fan forums...sounds legit.

It'll never get fixed anyway.

I select Badass C Wisc...IOL !!
                Lamp-Badass-Feeney.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

How many more wins do you see on the schedule...? Maybe 2...? Don't be surprised if we're picking at #5 or #6. Thomas would be my choice in that scenario. If we somehow finish better than expected, I think Leatherwood or Wirfs will be there at #10. Depending on Trey Adams health and Walker Little's knee recovery, I'd take those guys at #15 (if that's where we land).

Tevi is given a 58 grade by pff and Scott has a 47 grade. Pipkins may never develop. Tevi and Scott are decent run blockers but neither are pass blockers... don't mess around with the QB's health.

Lamp and Feeney (both of whom I liked) are on short notice. I'd take a peek at Quisenberry if Lamp/Feeney can't get it together.

Not only do we need to draft 2 OL but we should probably pick up a couple OL in FA should none of these guys show much improvement.

It's one of the reasons I think PR may not be back next year. If you bring him back, his market value is $31 million. Chargers go from $59 million cap space to $28 million... if he even agrees to come back. Cut Okung and you're at $73 million cap space. Cut Mebane and you're at $77 million.

What if you signed C JC Tretter ($10 mil), G Joe Thuney ($7 mil), and RT Jack Conklin ($10 mil) in free agency...? Then drafted Alex Leatherwood...?
                  Leatherwood, Thuney, Tretter, Lamp/Feeney, Conklin. Depth: Lamp/Feeney, Quissenberry, Scott, Pipkins. Even Tyrod Taylor should be able to thrive behind that OL.

And you've got $45 million to still up grade other areas (DT, CB, WR)...
                  Do not assume they aren't going QB if picking that high in round 1. I'll bet they will and should.

I'd also trade Ingram for draft picks.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Moments ago on SXM NFL Radio
                    AL said :

"Russell Okung may practice this week."

There is light at the end of the tunnel !!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Do not assume they aren't going QB if picking that high in round 1. I'll bet they will and should.

I'd also trade Ingram for draft picks.
                      Drafting Rivers replacement will really depend on how many more years he wants to continue playing. He is not under contract next year yet so he could always surprise everyone and retire. I still think he signs a 2 year extension. If he did it make for an interesting decision on when to draft his replacement.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Moments ago on SXM NFL Radio
                        AL said :

"Russell Okung may practice this week."

There is light at the end of the tunnel !!
                        That would be huge for this club.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Drafting Rivers replacement will really depend on how many more years he wants to continue playing. He is not under contract next year yet so he could always surprise everyone and retire. I still think he signs a 2 year extension. If he did it make for an interesting decision on when to draft his replacement.
                          Picking top 10 is better to draft one than picking 28th so if that's where they are, do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X