Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    i doubt Pouncey will return.
    Okung is a maybe

Lamp showed promise, Quessenberry also. Pipkins is ?
    cut the rest

needs for next draft:
    OT x2
    RG

and plenty of UDFA backups hungry to make the team.

BUF, with good Oline depth, lost yesterday, because their QB could not make plays against a tough defense. Cody Ford had a key holding penalty.

We will be lucky if LAC cuts one Olineman. They might draft one Olineman and sign a mid priced vet.

Everyone knows the Oline has been an issue for a long time. Everyone knows the Oline is important.

Many call for an overhaul. My questioning goes to this. Won't the several Olinemen fans want to bring in need experience, need snaps before they can help us, just like the scrubs we now have ? The CBA will still be there to slow progress regarding practicing allowed. Aren't UFAs very expensive and cap restrictive ?

I would not throw away the experience our young players have obtained. Some have a chance, still, to surprise us. League wide scarcity will still exist regarding the available talent pool. Pat Meyer, if retained, has certain types of players he looks for. Power ? Zone ?

Regarding Oline, LAC fans everywhere need to do more besides pretend that plug n play at several spots will work. There is more detail. More advanced football takes are needed, and even that is a fail too often.

And there will be other Positions of Need, many of which effect the performance of the Oline unit. I now predict Okung has four more years. It is hoped like hell Pouncey's neck can hold up. That is a big deal right there. Don't anyone kid themselves. Just wish for a premier Oline talent, a good scheme fit, falls for us @ 2020 Draft.

Oh something has to happen. Lamp and Feeney is a big problem. Other teams liked them too. There simply must be more contribution there. Maybe the changes will not be so drastic.
    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 11-11-2019, 01:03 AM.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

BUF, with good Oline depth, lost yesterday, because their QB could not make plays against a tough defense. Cody Ford had a key holding penalty.

We will be lucky if LAC cuts one Olineman. They might draft one Olineman and sign a mid priced vet.

Everyone knows the Oline has been an issue for a long time. Everyone knows the Oline is important.

Many call for an overhaul. My questioning goes to this. Won't the several Olinemen fans want to bring in need experience, need snaps before they can help us, just like the scrubs we now have ? The CBA will still be there to slow progress regarding practicing allowed. Aren't UFAs very expensive and cap restrictive ?

I would not throw away the experience our young players have obtained. Some have a chance, still, to surprise us. League wide scarcity will still exist regarding the available talent pool. Pat Meyer, if retained, has certain types of players he looks for. Power ? Zone ?

Regarding Oline, LAC fans everywhere need to do more besides pretend that plug n play at several spots will work. There is more detail. More advanced football takes are needed, and even that is a fail too often.

And there will be other Positions of Need, many of which effect the performance of the Oline unit. I now predict Okung has four more years. It is hoped like hell Pouncey's neck can hold up. That is a big deal right there. Don't anyone kid themselves. Just wish for a premier Oline talent, a good scheme fit, falls for us @ 2020 Draft.

Oh something has to happen. Lamp and Feeney is a big problem. Other teams liked them too. There simply must be more contribution there. Maybe the changes will not be so drastic.
      Okung is 31 years old, in his 10th year in the league, and just got done battling a life-threatening condition. Now he has a groin injury. If he retires at the end of this season, it wouldn't surprise me. He may try to at least finish his final year with us next season; after that, especially having dealt with what he has, that may be when he retires. I would be really surprised if he extends with us, given his injury history.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okung is 31 years old, in his 10th year in the league, and just got done battling a life-threatening condition. Now he has a groin injury. If he retires at the end of this season, it wouldn't surprise me. He may try to at least finish his final year with us next season; after that, especially having dealt with what he has, that may be when he retires. I would be really surprised if he extends with us, given his injury history.
        I am reading many, many people predicting Okung's retirement...based upon what ?

Meanwhile, across town, there's Whitworth.

In four years, Okung with be years younger than Whitworth was when he joined the LAR.

"Tear it down and COMPLETELY rebuild it."

That's amateurish.

Moving on to gusD...

The only debate re 2019 LAC season is, what has been more negatively impactful, Derwin's foot or Okung's cardiovascular system ?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I am reading many, many people predicting Okung's retirement...based upon what ?

In four years, Okung with be years younger than Whitworth was when he joined the LAR.

That's amateurish.

Moving on to gusD...

The only debate re 2019 LAC season is, what has been more negatively impactful, Derwin's foot or Okung's cardiovascular system ?
          Wood, I hope you're right...but a lot of people, after going through a life-threatening health scare, tend to re-evaluate priorities and make drastic changes in their lifestyle. If Okung feels good to go, and his doc gives him a clean bill of health to continue to play, we sure would like him back!

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

That's amateurish.

Moving on to gusD...

Good question. Okung made a huge difference when he returned. We haven’t seen what difference Derwin makes yet. The cloud over the team at the start of the season with Okung out, James out and MG III holding out had a huge impact. Those 3 were cornerstone players for this team at critical positions

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Good question. Okung made a huge difference when he returned. We haven’t seen what difference Derwin makes yet. The cloud over the team at the start of the season with Okung out, James out and MG III holding out had a huge impact. Those 3 were cornerstone players for this team at critical positions
              I would argue that the MG III holdout affected our Oline's bottom line. These guys can run block. Pass Pro is a disaster.

Pat Meyer is Oline Coach/Run Game Coordinator. MG III & Ekeler were averaging 5 yards per carry @ OAK. Run the damn ball. Meyer's whole forte is run blocking technique, to set up effective pass blocking.

What a mess. Do we retain Meyer ? I am pissed at the lack of development, set aside the lack of talent. Feeney has not fixed his weaknesses.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I would argue that the MG III holdout affected our Oline's bottom line. These guys can run block. Pass Pro is a disaster.

Pat Meyer is Oline Coach/Run Game Coordinator. MG III & Ekeler were averaging 5 yards per carry @ OAK. Run the damn ball. Meyer's whole forte is run blocking technique, to set up effective pass blocking.

What a mess. Do we retain Meyer ? I am pissed at the lack of development, set aside the lack of talent. Feeney has not fixed his weaknesses.
                The lack of rushing attempts in the second half really pissed me off, especially since we were struggling so badly in pass protection and Rivers was not on. Gordon had 18 rushes for 96 yards at halftime and only 4 carries in the second half. Why???

What improvement have you seen from our young olinemen to warrant wanting Meyer back?

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The lack of rushing attempts in the second half really pissed me off, especially since we were struggling so badly in pass protection and Rivers was not on. Gordon had 18 rushes for 96 yards at halftime and only 4 carries in the second half. Why???

What improvement have you seen from our young olinemen to warrant wanting Meyer back?
                  We have scrubs man, the only to blame here is Telesco...no one else but Telesco.

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

That's amateurish.

Moving on to gusD...

No.. the lack of quality depth.... fuck Telesco.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

We have scrubs man, the only to blame here is Telesco...no one else but Telesco.
                      We are down 4 starting linemen - not sure many teams can overcome that. Going with Tevi as our starting tackle is the one thing TT really got wrong.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We are down 4 starting linemen - not sure many teams can overcome that. Going with Tevi as our starting tackle is the one thing TT really got wrong.
                        Interesting because the other LA team is also dealing with a lot of injuries and shuffling on the OL and Jared Goff doesn’t look like such a good investment anymore.

the Rams offense scored 3 points yesterday at Pitt. 3 points

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wood, I hope you're right...but a lot of people, after going through a life-threatening health scare, tend to re-evaluate priorities and make drastic changes in their lifestyle. If Okung feels good to go, and his doc gives him a clean bill of health to continue to play, we sure would like him back!
                          Yet he chose to play this season. That alone tells me he will be back.

Comment

Working...
                          X