• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Feeney and Trent Scott can be better this year than they were last.
    The question is: How effective will the OL group be with a new QB in a 2020 Steichen offense, new OL coach, new R/ side starters?
    My guess is that Pipkins- Feeney- Pouncey- Turner- Bulaga will surprise in a good way.
    I think this is the first year that Lynn will be running his offense. When you have a QB like Rivers - of course, the passing game will be important. But it seems like the team is going to want to the run the ball, maybe play field position more (for instance, on a 3rd and 12 with Rivers, the play might have been a pass; with Taylor it might be an option for him to run plus Taylors ability to escape pressure) .

So maybe the offense is being built because of the OL they have in play

Hope springs!

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think this is the first year that Lynn will be running his offense. When you have a QB like Rivers - of course, the passing game will be important. But it seems like the team is going to want to the run the ball, maybe play field position more (for instance, on a 3rd and 12 with Rivers, the play might have been a pass; with Taylor it might be an option for him to run plus Taylors ability to escape pressure) .

So maybe the offense is being built because of the OL they have in play

Hope springs!
      If Lynn & Steichen are reasonably competent? Heck yeah. You have to scheme to take advantage of what your 11 on the field do best. We have at least 3 good- very good OL starters. If we tend to be R/ handed and teams play us that way, we can use that too.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
        San Diego Native
        • Feb 2019
        • Farmington, NM
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Portland1961 View Post
        Maybe the later 60's for Raquel Welch. I remember her from high school before she went to Vegas as a dancer. Work done there to improve her looks. But the high school version still better then Kaitlyn Jenner,
        Ok, I have an admission to make. I was confused. Last time I looked the Jenner girls were very, very attractive so this thread confused me. Then I googled Kaitlyn. Woops! Not a Jenner girl. Ok, yeah, I'm on the same page now and enthusiastically concur... there isn't a version of Raquel Welch, High School or Nursing Home, that isn't hotter than Kaitlyn.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Did you know Raquel Welch was Queen of the Del Mar fair before she became a movie star?
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            Did you know Raquel Welch was Queen of the Del Mar fair before she became a movie star?
            Not really but it's not surprising. I knew she was from the SD area.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Raquel Welch, hummmmmmmmm.
              How about Ursula Andress ?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                Raquel Welch, hummmmmmmmm.
                How about Ursula Andress ?
                It's just Bulaga/Turner.
                Let's get real here.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Feeney and Trent Scott can be better this year than they were last.
                  No they can’t. They will never be better. They will never be good. They will never even be average. A merciful god would end my torment.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                    No they can’t. They will never be better. They will never be good. They will never even be average. A merciful god would end my torment.
                    LOL! They don't have to be good or average to be better than last year. Whether they may not have been better on the same OL, they won't get that chance. Not same OL, OL coach, scheme, immobile QB.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      I hope Happy Campen is smart enough to yank Feeney right quick, if he doesn't bring up his play...and Scott really needs to be cut...gotta think SOMEONE is better depth than him...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I hope Happy Campen is smart enough to yank Feeney right quick, if he doesn't bring up his play...and Scott really needs to be cut...gotta think SOMEONE is better depth than him...
                        No faith in the Campen/Feeney synergy Topcat?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

LOL! They don't have to be good or average to be better than last year. Whether they may not have been better on the same OL, they won't get that chance. Not same OL, OL coach, scheme, immobile QB.
                          I disagree: with Rivers, they knew where to protect & for how long (Rivers getting rid of the ball quickly). Remember how Okung had trouble protecting for Sieman?
                          The 3 headed monster of Pipkens, Tevi, Scott at LT will be exploited hard. These guys haven't had spring camp to aid in their development.

The hand marks are from opposing defensive ends: it's where they most like to place their hands to get leverage on this monster.

Comment

Working...
                          X