Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Your faith in Lamp is really impressive
    He will come cheap.
    Forrest may be the only keeper.
    He surely requires further development.
    A long time ago, I declared to be happy if ending up to be the last dude on Planet Earth to be willing to admit he is a bust.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

He will come cheap.
      A long time ago, I declared to be happy if ending up to be the last dude on Planet Earth to be willing to admit he is a bust.
      I think Lamp has some long term potential and he probably won't be that expensive. At worst - some decent depth

I think I am releasing Turner as the team probably can get better for cheaper
      With the savings from Turner - can maybe get a guy like Feliciano or maybe David Andrews - and still get a Feeney or Lamp signed for the cost of Turner

OL
      OL
      and more OL

that has to be the priority

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

LA is where offensive lineman come to die. My concern is that the coaching is so poor, our guys are overwhelmed because they are learning the wrong techniques and blocking schemes. Its impossible that every OL that comes here flat out stinks.

Upgrade the offensive line coach and maybe, just maybe, Lamp, Feeney and Tevi can get better. We know Feeney show up every game, every play. Can they improve his hand placement and footwork? Can they put out better and more coordinated blocking schemes. Our next HC needs to demonstrate his plan on how to improve this group. Is Lynn making them use 1990's techniques in 2020? Stay tuned.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Campen had Tevi show remarkable improvement.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

He will come cheap.
            Lamp is not a bust.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

He will come cheap.
              Wood, I remember pre-draft u were really high on Lamp. Most draftniks were, also. After watching his film, I was too. I know the injuries set him back. Maybe the position change. Maybe the change from Meyer to Campen. I really wonder how well he'd do at LT, his natural position. It would be nice to get our new HC and the rest of the staff in place, so the HC, OC and O-line coach can evaluate Lamp to see if he's worth keeping in their new system...if so, tell TT and offer him a new, team-friendly deal...if not...adios...

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Lamp is not a bust.
                so i've heard
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Lamp is not a bust.
                  Pip looks like a bust to me. Now Lamp has played well at times, then has some bad lapses. Let's see what the new coaching staff can do with him.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

What's the take on Groy, Toner, Norton or Ques?
                    Are any of them under contract for 2021? Do we want any of them to be?
                    I know Tevi, Lamp, and Feeney are FA and we'll most likely sign 1 or 2 of them( can't imagine all 3? Unless we get a deal?)
                    Now that I've had time to consider, I'm hoping Turner and Bulaga are sent packing.
                    With the hopes of 3 new OL in the first 4 rounds this year, we'll definitely need to keep some of the leftovers but not all.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      I know Tevi, Lamp, and Feeney are FA and we'll most likely sign 1 or 2 of them( can't imagine all 3? Unless we get a deal?)
                      Now that I've had time to consider, I'm hoping Turner and Bulaga are sent packing.
                      With the hopes of 3 new OL in the first 4 rounds this year, we'll definitely need to keep some of the leftovers but not all.
                      Norton and Qberry are under contract for 2021.
                      Bulaga will be on the team in 2021. His contract isn’t set up for him to be cut this year.
                      Toner performed well in his limited action and is a RFA/ERFA so hill be back for TC at least.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        Qberry and Storm are under contract for next year
                        Toner and Groy are not but they are probably pretty cheap options if coming back - veteran minimum type deals

Bulaga will be on the roster - he costs more in cap space to release than keep and if you are paying him - might as well keep him. He is guaranted $7m this year so he will be on the roster

Turner - has a higher probability of being released as there is not any dead cap space and the savings (cap and cash) would be $11.5

I could easily see Turner released an OG signed in the offseason (especially this offseason with the cap lower) signed for less than what Turner is paid with enough left over to probably bring one one of Tevi, Lamp and Feeney. I agree, probably two are back just for depth - limited guarantees. My dream is Linsley in Free agency plus Lamp. I still have more hope for him as I have seen him the least

Chargers have 9 picks - I think 2 in the first 3 rounds need to be OL and another like in the 6th round.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I wasn't happy with Turner either. I liked Groy better.
                          HC Staley has his OC and run game coordinator. He needs to fill out his staff, OL coach in particular to review what we have, what we want, and what we can get to round out the 2021 OL.
                          I don't want TT & JS winging it.

Comment

Working...
                          X