• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

To Cams credit, he looked like the "prototype QB of the future" his first few years. Later on, I noticed he was all arm with his passes, no body follow thru. Then he started punishing his large frame with too many bruising runs which ended up eroding him physically to the point of missing on passes and missing games. I doubt he'll be a starting QB for any team soon enough. His time was. Lamar Jackson on the other hand is the opposite of Cam. Good body follow thru throwing motion, less bulky and quicker. Lamar Jackson is the new "prototype QB of the future".
    Last edited by Caslon; 12-06-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      Any of u remember Jack Frost? CMB legend who eventually left in a dust up with “Father Tom” as he called a mod over the use of certain vocabulary.

he used to call him Scam Newton. Took a beating in the early years but he may be down in Australia laughing now
      The San Diego CMB was as G-rated as could be. Also, very protective of the Spanos' dynasty. I got two 2 week "timeouts" while there.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Uncalled helmet to helmet hits such as in Mexico City.

Rivers at the podium with his youngest.

Yeah, retirement is on the front burner.

Rivers may have already told the Charger that this is it.
        agreed

Comment

• Electric Chicken
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

Hard pass. I’d rather take my chances with a rookie QB than bring in Newton.
          Yes

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Get the 38 year immobile QB an o line.
            And see what he can do.
            Charger fans, are you sure that is the best idea?

This years o line was suppose to be......
            Okung-LT (1st rd pick by Sea)
            Lamp-LG (2nd rd pick)
            Pouncey-OC (1st rd pick by Mia)
            Feeney-RG (3rd rd pick)
            Pipkins/Tevi/Scott-RT

Injuries are hard to avoid, year in and year out.

We can add these two free agents;
            Castonzo-OT (1st rd pick by Ind)
            Scherff-OG (1st rd pick by Was)

2020 o line could have 4 pro bowl caliber players;
            Okung-LT
            Scherff-LG
            Pouncey-OC
            Lamp or Feeney-RG
            Castonzo-RT
            And
            Pipkins, Quessenberry, Schofield, Tevi

But this guarantees nothing for Rivers.

Its hard to trot out the same 5 for mini camp, pre season, 16 game season, and post season. So when some of the lineman get dinged up and are missing games or playing at 80% health or even place on IR. Then having a QB with mobility can mitigate those losses.

Why dont the Front Office just draft lineman and sign free agents lineman that never get hurt? So Rivers can do his thing?

This year 2019 is a prime example of having so much reliance on the o line needing to be a top 5 unit for the QB to succeed....that when there are injury....and the line ranks 14th in rush, and 18th in pass protection. That Rivers can not get it done. And gets to have the built in excuse of o line isnt good enough.

Its a recipe for disappointment.

I want a QB that can do something off schedule when needed. I want a QB who slows down the pass rush because they dont want him jumping out the window and grabbing 10 yards with his legs or buying time to throw. DEs cannot just think meet you at the Statue QB. They know they rush too hard and leave a window open the guy is jumping out with eyes downfield.

Its easier to fix 1 position than 5.
            Go get Burrow. A mobile QB who throws strikes 10+ yards downfield on a regular basis. He can do off schedule. He can jump out the window.

The 38 year old QB does not have those very useful play changing, drive changing, redzone changing, game changing mobility skills in his toolbox. He can't even run a good QB sneak. And it shows every time his line is average or gets hit with injury.

Its simply time to go get Rivers replacement.
            And its the perfect time. They likely have a top 10 draft pick, maybe even top 5 pick, this is when you can make the move for a franchise QB of the future.
            Strike while the iron is hot.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

If you ever posted the opinion of.... bottom line Marty just could not get it done in post season. Then since Rivers is 10 straight seasons with no AFC West titles and zero SB appearances, then I would hope you have the opinion of ....bottom line Rivers just could not get it done in the AFC West or the postseason.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Current race for top pick:

1 - CIN - needs QB, but maybe the redhead wins a few games at end of season to drop out of the spot or change draft priorities?
                2 - Giants - not likely to draft a QB high
                3 - Wash- not likely to draft a QB high
                4 - MIA- needs QB
                5 - ATL- not likely to draft a QB high
                6 - DET- not likely to draft a QB high
                7 - ARIZ- not likely to draft a QB high
                8 -JETS- not likely to draft a QB high
                9 - Chargers - needs QB
                10 - JAX- needs QB
                11 - DEN- not likely to draft a QB high
                12 - CAR -- not likely to draft a QB high
                13 - PHI - not likely to draft a QB high
                14 - TB - not likely to draft a QB high
                15 - CLEV - not likely to draft a QB high

I can see Cincy and Miami passing on qbs - being that they have huge holes everywhere....they'll certainly want to trade out.
                Miami has Rosen; he might hang himself if they select one.
                The teams that would want to trade in are possibly too far back & there are no sure fire franchise qbs coming out. JAX might be
                the one team willing to do it.

I can definitely see a scenario where the Chargers continue losing and have their choice of qb.

Brown and Thomas seems enticing. I'd only select either over a qb if i thought they are multiple All Pro type players.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  If you ever posted the opinion of.... bottom line Marty just could not get it done in post season. Then since Rivers is 10 straight seasons with no AFC West titles and zero SB appearances, then I would hope you have the opinion of ....bottom line Rivers just could not get it done in the AFC West or the postseason.
                  Rivers could have 'got it done' with Marty.:koolaid:

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

There was a Charger QB.
                    Wears #9
                    Last name starts with B.
                    He went to the state of Louisiana to play football for New Orleans. He won a SB there.

There is a college QB in Louisiana.
                    Wears #9
                    Last name starts with B.
                    He needs to go to the state of California to play for the Chargers. He will win a SB here.

Make it happen TT!

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • victoria b.c.
                      • Send PM

There was a Charger QB.
                      Wears #9
                      Last name starts with B.
                      He went to the state of Louisiana to play football for New Orleans. He won a SB there.

There is a college QB in Louisiana.
                      Wears #9
                      Last name starts with B.
                      He needs to go to the state of California to play for the Chargers. He will win a SB here.

Make it happen TT!
                      I agree !!! Burrows is by far the best QB in this years draft ......just dont think the chargers have the balls to trade up for him

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        Current race for top pick:

1 - CIN - needs QB, but maybe the redhead wins a few games at end of season to drop out of the spot or change draft priorities?
                        2 - Giants - not likely to draft a QB high
                        3 - Wash- not likely to draft a QB high
                        4 - MIA- needs QB
                        5 - ATL- not likely to draft a QB high
                        6 - DET- not likely to draft a QB high
                        7 - ARIZ- not likely to draft a QB high
                        8 -JETS- not likely to draft a QB high
                        9 - Chargers - needs QB
                        10 - JAX- needs QB
                        11 - DEN- not likely to draft a QB high
                        12 - CAR -- not likely to draft a QB high
                        13 - PHI - not likely to draft a QB high
                        14 - TB - not likely to draft a QB high
                        15 - CLEV - not likely to draft a QB high

I can see Cincy and Miami passing on qbs - being that they have huge holes everywhere....they'll certainly want to trade out.
                        Miami has Rosen; he might hang himself if they select one.
                        The teams that would want to trade in are possibly too far back & there are no sure fire franchise qbs coming out. JAX might be
                        the one team willing to do it.

I can definitely see a scenario where the Chargers continue losing and have their choice of qb.

Brown and Thomas seems enticing. I'd only select either over a qb if i thought they are multiple All Pro type players.
                        Problem is that Burrow is clearly the top QB in this draft(by leaps and bounds and nearly a can't miss), maybe the only franchise type QB and Burrow may be the best QB prospect since Payton manning or maybe since Elway..... He plays big in big games against strong competition ..... not like most of the QB's who play against weak defenses.... or are on such strong teams that they can run art will on them and shut them out defensively like Bama does.....

Burrow is easily worth trading 2 first round picks, Ingram, Gordon, and maybe more.....

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Get the 38 year immobile QB an o line.
                          And see what he can do.
                          Charger fans, are you sure that is the best idea?

This years o line was suppose to be......
                          Okung-LT (1st rd pick by Sea)
                          Lamp-LG (2nd rd pick)
                          Pouncey-OC (1st rd pick by Mia)
                          Feeney-RG (3rd rd pick)
                          Pipkins/Tevi/Scott-RT

Injuries are hard to avoid, year in and year out.

We can add these two free agents;
                          Castonzo-OT (1st rd pick by Ind)
                          Scherff-OG (1st rd pick by Was)

2020 o line could have 4 pro bowl caliber players;
                          Okung-LT
                          Scherff-LG
                          Pouncey-OC
                          Lamp or Feeney-RG
                          Castonzo-RT
                          And
                          Pipkins, Quessenberry, Schofield, Tevi

But this guarantees nothing for Rivers.

Its hard to trot out the same 5 for mini camp, pre season, 16 game season, and post season. So when some of the lineman get dinged up and are missing games or playing at 80% health or even place on IR. Then having a QB with mobility can mitigate those losses.

Why dont the Front Office just draft lineman and sign free agents lineman that never get hurt? So Rivers can do his thing?

This year 2019 is a prime example of having so much reliance on the o line needing to be a top 5 unit for the QB to succeed....that when there are injury....and the line ranks 14th in rush, and 18th in pass protection. That Rivers can not get it done. And gets to have the built in excuse of o line isnt good enough.

Its a recipe for disappointment.

I want a QB that can do something off schedule when needed. I want a QB who slows down the pass rush because they dont want him jumping out the window and grabbing 10 yards with his legs or buying time to throw. DEs cannot just think meet you at the Statue QB. They know they rush too hard and leave a window open the guy is jumping out with eyes downfield.

Its easier to fix 1 position than 5.
                          Go get Burrow. A mobile QB who throws strikes 10+ yards downfield on a regular basis. He can do off schedule. He can jump out the window.

The 38 year old QB does not have those very useful play changing, drive changing, redzone changing, game changing mobility skills in his toolbox. He can't even run a good QB sneak. And it shows every time his line is average or gets hit with injury.

Its simply time to go get Rivers replacement.
                          And its the perfect time. They likely have a top 10 draft pick, maybe even top 5 pick, this is when you can make the move for a franchise QB of the future.
                          Strike while the iron is hot.
                          I love Rivers and Rivers never gives up he gives it everything he has, .....but I agree with you..... he is nearing his end....on a perfect team Rivers would still win ball games but he's not elite enough anymore to offset stupidity of others or himself.... I think his arm has lost enough zip that it is affecting some of his throws..... also his OL is not good enough for receivers to run double moves like they used to....many of rivers big plays used to come on double moves..... He has been physically abused in his last several years and its affecting his play.... and decisions....

Rivers is not the Chargers problem, this team is still not coached well enough..... every game is marred by blown assignments, muffed kicks or punts, missed kicks, stupid timely penalties, missed tackles..... etc when everyone is making blunders, then it is coaching......

Find a way to get burrows..... trade players for more 1st rounders to use as ammo, Trade anyone except Bosa ........ though it might take Bosa to get Burrow...... financially that might make sense....when does spanos have to pay Bosa big money?

Comment

Working...
                          X