• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Protect17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

I started this thread and I will end it with a complete 180 .Lynn is a terrible head coach he is horrendous at adjusting his teams are WOEFully out coached .He MUST BE FIRED or I'm Done with the NFL .

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
      I started this thread and I will end it with a complete 180 .Lynn is a terrible head coach he is horrendous at adjusting his teams are WOEFully out coached .He MUST BE FIRED or I'm Done with the NFL .
      He's not going to be fired soon, as quickly as many here seem to want. By the way, you might be right, however it's just not the way things happen with this team

How much time will we need before I follow up on your vow to be done?

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

He's not going to be fired soon, as quickly as many here seem to want. By the way, you might be right, however it's just not the way things happen with this team
        Ordinarily, I'd agree with you based on Dean's past indecisiveness. However, with this new stadium opening and an accompanying lack of interest, it's well documented that the status quo will not sell tickets. His hand is forced here to make a number of big changes. Which is why I don't expect Lynn or Rivers to be back.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you based on Dean's past indecisiveness. However, with this new stadium opening and an accompanying lack of interest, it's well documented that the status quo will not sell tickets. His hand is forced here to make a number of big changes. Which is why I don't expect Lynn or Rivers to be back.
          Neither do losing teams. Replace him with who?

The belief is...

a) that the Spanos don't mind eating head coaches contracts
          b) that there is a special coach out there
          c) that the Chargers have identified this coach
          d) that this coach would be willing to work for this train wreck of an organization
          e) that the Spanos would give this coach a degree of independence that they have denied coaches this entire century

Get a good young qb; market him to the public. Get your HOF head coach next year, lured by the possibilities this young qb offers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I would probably fire Lynn and Telesco - hire Ron Rivera in an Andy Reid type role and have him find his GM. Need a coach and organization that uses analytics. Need a coach that has more common sense with clock management. When is the last time the Chargers stopped a fake punt? I am not sure what the Spanii will do but they will probably do the wrong thing. I would take Bieniemy as that is the Andy Reid tree of coaches. But today, Rivera would be my top guy.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Hiring points for a new coach: poorest owner in the NFL, playing second fiddle in a town where NO ONE wants you, rookie quarterback, a GM marionette- ed by the owner's sons.....yep, I'm sure we'll have no problems hiring a top tier NFL head coach.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                I would probably fire Lynn and Telesco - hire Ron Rivera in an Andy Reid type role and have him find his GM. Need a coach and organization that uses analytics. Need a coach that has more common sense with clock management. When is the last time the Chargers stopped a fake punt? I am not sure what the Spanii will do but they will probably do the wrong thing. I would take Bieniemy as that is the Andy Reid tree of coaches. But today, Rivera would be my top guy.
                Totally agree with this.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                  Don't get the draw to Rivera as a HC. He had losing seasons every other year.....hey just like Lynn so far.

And before you say but, but....he went to a superbowl.
                  So did Whiz as a HC and a OC and everyone is glad he was fired. Gus won a SB as a DC, you all want him fired.

We went 12-4 last year. Relax. The Rams aren't firing their HC either after a bad season.

Bieniemy is just the feel good OC right now but he has Mahomes. He isn't coming here to be a OC again or just have asst HC on his title.

Basically that means he will be the OC and probably isn't ready to be a HC but that would be the Spano's way.....which everyone is also bitching about ....hiring unproven ,cheap HCs.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-23-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Sooo you would take Lynn over the Rams HC?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      Sooo you would take Lynn over the Rams HC?
                      I'll say this....the Rams are a lot more talented than we are and they missed the playoffs and now I'm reading they will look to move Gurley and maybe even Donald .....because they are now gonna be in cap hell.
                      And say goodbye to Wade.
                      So McVay with loaded teams, you could say has underachieved ......could you not?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Don't get the draw to Rivera as a HC. He had losing seasons every other year.....hey just like Lynn so far.

And before you say but, but....he went to a superbowl.
                        So did Whiz as a HC and a OC and everyone is glad he was fired. Gus won a SB as a DC, you all want him fired.

We went 12-4 last year. Relax. The Rams aren't firing their HC either after a bad season.

Bieniemy is just the feel good OC right now but he has Mahomes. He isn't coming here to be a OC again or just have asst HC on his title.

Basically that means he will be the OC and probably isn't ready to be a HC but that would be the Spano's way.....which everyone is also bitching about ....hiring unproven ,cheap HCs.
                        I look at the coaching tree of Big Andy: Pederson, Nagy, McDermott - thats why I like Bieniemy. Has nothing to do with Mahomes.

I know this much - the more I watch NFL Sunday Ticket - the more I see stupid coaches. I just want a HC that understands clock management. Like Sunday, the Chargers could have let the clock run to the two minute warning but they ran a play, it was incomplete with 2:02 on the clock. So they had to run another play. I mention the fake punts, - - when is the last time the Chargers stopped a fake punt,

The defense in the last two minutes this year - of the first half - was terrible. I think Lynn needs to go as I think he needs to replace Bradley, the OC and Stewart. So if you are going to fire all of them, fire the head coach. I like Lynn but dammit - I am not sure in key areas he has gotten better.

How many times on key third downs did they just have five pass blockers and five in the pattern and Rivers got sacked to take out of FG range, or he got sacked to make the FG longer, or an incomplete pass.

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Ahhh living in the past.. .look at Coryell's record in College:

63. Don Coryell, 127-24-3
                          Whittier (1957-59; 23-5-1) and San Diego State (1961-72; 104-19-2)

Known as the father of the vertical passing game, Coryell revolutionized his "Air Coryell" offense in 12 seasons at San Diego State, before he moved to the pros. Because the Aztecs couldn't recruit linemen and running backs against the likes of USC and UCLA, he chose to focus on quarterbacks and receivers. He helped the Aztecs move to the Division I level, and his 1967-70 teams had a streak of 31 games without a defeat. He became the first coach to win 100 games at both the college and professional levels.

Comment

Working...
                          X