Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Maybe we need to blame that old buzzard Ron Wolf, who recommended TT.

I will hold out hope that Spanos will do something very profound.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Spanos have very poor judgment. I have no faith in their decision making or assessment of who to hire. They can’t spot a diamond in the rough. The only success this franchise has had is when they hire proven successes.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

We will truly see what these owners are made of goin into the new stadium next year.Are they gonna be brave and try something new or just go along business as usual and hope things somehow work out.Honestly my biggest fear is it gets so bad with our team and these loser owners that the NFL steps in and does something drastic like move our team out of state.I know it probably won't happen but if it did that would be the end of my fandom.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Spanos have very poor judgment. I have no faith in their decision making or assessment of who to hire. They can’t spot a diamond in the rough. The only success this franchise has had is when they hire proven successes.
          Who is the next Bobby Ross?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Jerrah Jones said something like this the other day...why I like Rivera as our starting point candidate.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

One of the things I'm waiting for is for the end of season presser from the GM, Id' like to know what kind of garbage comes out of his mouth.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Jerrah Jones said something like this the other day...why I like Rivera as our starting point candidate.
                Mike MvCarthy is out there. So is Urban Meyer

Comment

• Biggestfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

I was actually hoping at one point that Bill Parcels was available to be a consultant. But I believe he is involved with the NFL still on some other organization

Comment

• Biggestfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Mike MvCarthy is out there. So is Urban Meyer
                    I would take McCarthy. No on urban Meyer. He's a college coach and that's all

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Yeah.
                      McCarthy.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I’m not necessarily sold on firing Telesco
                        but if we were looking at replacements
                        id definitely want someone who can appreciate analytics
                        and someone connected to the college game.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Tom Telesco will probably not be relieved of his duties.

Personnel decisions are made as a team.

I also consider the "insider's take" that John Spanos has lots of involvement to be dubious.

That insider's take is from John himself:

John Spanos was named President of Football Operations for the Chargers in May 2015. He oversees all of the team’s football operations, including player personnel, coaching, player finance and the salary cap, medical, equipment…

In 2003 Spanos began working full-time as a scout. He methodically worked his way up through the organization before his career took a giant leap forward in 2013 when he was named Executive Vice President of Football Operations. This new position afforded him the opportunity to put his first big imprint on the organization, and he did just that as a key member of the selection committee responsible for the hiring of General Manager Tom Telesco.

Spanos has seen his role in the NFL Draft grow exponentially since his ascension in 2013, and the results have been overwhelmingly positive. The 2014 draft class was headlined by cornerback Jason Verrett… the 2017 draft class received high marks from media pundits as the team brought in… Mike Williams and… Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney.

The 2017 season will mark Spanos’ 22nd year in the NFL and his 19th with the team, with previous assignments within the organization including stints as a pro and college scout (2003-05), assistant director of college scouting (2006-07) and director of college scouting (2008-12).

It’s no coincidence that Spanos’ ascension within the organization coincided with one of the most successful eras on the field in franchise history.
                          Spanos continues to work closely with McGuire. They have managed the salary cap and retained some of the team’s top players, negotiating multiple contract extensions…

Staying true to his scouting roots, Spanos serves on the board of directors for National Football Scouting and is an Honorary Member of the University of California-San Diego (UCSD) Athletic Board.

Comment

Working...
                          X