• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

AJ Brown is a premiere receiver and that trade didn’t make sense when they made it. To see him roast the Titans was probably too much to bear. Sorta like watching Tillery crush Herbwrt early in the game Sunday
    I agree, but Robinson has never had a losing season in 6+ years, has the team in first place by 3 games with 5 games left, and just signed a contract extension in February. Something else must be going on. I live in Nashville so I'm sure something more will come out.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I agree, but Robinson has never had a losing season in 6+ years, has the team in first place by 3 games with 5 games left, and just signed a contract extension in February. Something else must be going on. I live in Nashville so I'm sure something more will come out.
      That must be a fun place! I have always wanted to visit. On the list

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Sounds like it. Keep us posted with the local report. Firing the GM is on our agenda

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I can't believe they fired Robinson. That team has been a success ever since he took over. I'd be pleased if the Bolts hired him. (and gave him a free hand to run things).
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            They called the Broncos super bowl contenders with Wilson lol. He has been awful.
            And they're nowhere close to being done paying for him.

As Charger fans, we have to celebrate our good times where we can find them.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I can't believe they fired Robinson. That team has been a success ever since he took over. .
              They heard Telesco might be available and cleared the deck. Could be a bidding war among half the leagues teams the likes of which never seen if Chargers cut him loose.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I can't believe they fired Robinson. That team has been a success ever since he took over. I'd be pleased if the Bolts hired him. (and gave him a free hand to run things).
                Hire him today?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Hire him today?
                  NO

I want a GM who actually believes in having good WRs on his team. I want another WR threat for Herbert not less. Aside from stupidly trading Brown the Titans passing game has been weak for years. Stop Henry and they are done

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

This is why Telesco is safe. Time to extend Tommy for 15 years.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Sounds like it. Keep us posted with the local report. Firing the GM is on our agenda
                      The local word is that ownership was unhappy with the roster makeup. Vrable did not want to trade Brown and Robinson did against his wishes. They are also unhappy with the offensive linemen they drafted that did not work out. Vrable also seems frustrated about the the limited options on O.

They just gave both Vrable and Robinson a contract extension this offseason so whatever GM they bring in will inherit a coach, or have to replace Vrable. I HATED him as a player but have a lot of respect for how tough his teams play and how they overachieve. He'd be an interesting choice if he was available and we moved on from Staley.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

The local word is that ownership was unhappy with the roster makeup. Vrabel did not want to trade Brown and Robinson did against his wishes. They are also unhappy with the offensive linemen they drafted that did not work out. Vrabel also seems frustrated about the the limited options on O.

They just gave both Vrabel and Robinson a contract extension this offseason so whatever GM they bring in will inherit a coach, or have to replace Vrable. I HATED him as a player but have a lot of respect for how tough his teams play and how they overachieve. He'd be an interesting choice if he was available and we moved on from Staley.
                        Vrabel is exactly the type of coach the Chargers need. Edgy; prickly; no nonsense. Almost always has his team prepared. And he's never had a talent like Herbie to work with. Pair him with a shrewd GM and I think the team can begin to make some progress.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

NO

I want a GM who actually believes in having good WRs on his team. I want another WR threat for Herbert not less. Aside from stupidly trading Brown the Titans passing game has been weak for years. Stop Henry and they are done
                          Do you actually think we'd be a lot better with "another WR"?
                          If we had another good WR, he'd likely be on IR anyway/ LOL

We need a better OL and DL a lot more than we need another WR.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X