• Show
Clear All
  • C’monchargers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Monday December 31st 2012

"My only goal is the Super Bowl, and that is why I have decided to move in a new direction with both our head coach and general manager positions. I am committed to our great fans, and we will do whatever we possibly can to achieve that goal," - Dean Spanos

I disagree with the above statement. I believe that Dean's #1 priority is let his son play football executive.

At the moment, Andy Reid owns the AFC West. As a matter of fact, Patrick Mahomes is 14-0 in road games against the AFC West. Sean Payton would shift balance of power - with Herbert as QB - to the Chargers, with the staff he's assembled.

Sean Payton says he has interest in the Chargers + Arizona. Dean Spanos is nuts if he doesn't even want to talk to Payton.
    True and in all, this is all just speculations and sentiment tend to change. Let’s say if the Chargers loses the next two and flame out first round. This convo will have a different pov. But if I have to speculate I would say, when Staley handed the game ball to the boss, he had just pulled off the classic “Sir, Our success, is your effort” move lol Also, it speaks “If I fail, it’s also of your effort”. Therefore unless something major happens, I would lean toward Staley holding his job.

Plus, if they just get rid of Staley and get a new person in, you might be jeopardizing the locker room chemistry. When Bill Belichick cut Kosar after the “Kneel down” incident. Kosar called an audible and threw a bomb for a td when he was suppose to kneel down to run the clock out in a meaningless losing game against the broncos; he cut the home grown local favorite. When he did, imo he lost the locker room there and so did Art Modell because he approved the move. So that’s also be taken into consideration when making prediction of what they would do.
    Last edited by C’monchargers; 12-29-2022, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

I don’t understand the hard ons for Payton after what Staley has accomplished this season.

Coaching wise….to improve next season the Chargers just need to replace the OC and OL coaches.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
        I don’t understand the hard ons for Payton after what Staley has accomplished this season.

Coaching wise….to improve next season the Chargers just need to replace the OC and OL coaches.
        I’d endorse this depending on what we see the next 3, 4, 5, 7 weeks. I think Peyton could be a primadonna bitch hire for whoever buys that sales pitch. I’m starting to agree with those that doubt 2 #1 picks will be given for him. Tbd, teams may balk at that and leave him sitting unless NO reduces the feee to a single #1
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’d endorse this depending on what we see the next 3, 4, 5, 7 weeks. I think Peyton could be a primadonna bitch hire for whoever buys that sales pitch. I’m starting to agree with those that doubt 2 #1 picks will be given for him. Tbd, teams may balk at that and leave him sitting unless NO reduces the feee to a single #1
          Primadonna bitch hire. That made me laugh!

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not bad but we are talking about McDaniels here. I say he goes after Jimmy G.

Carr to Bucs? Saints, Colts, Jets?
            2 big things to consider are

1. Devonta adams. What is his position and will he demand a trade?
            2. Carr has a no-trade clause, so he has to agree to a trade. As far out and unprecedented as my prediction is, I can see Carr and Adams uniting and becoming a "package deal".

Only a few teams will be able to afford that package.
            Essentially only teams with potential franchise QBs to trade.
            McDaniels fancies himself a genius and thought he could turn Tim Tebow into andrew luck, I think he thinks the same of Jackson. Jackson has Brady's blessing as "the next one" or whatever he said.
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• NashBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Terrell Owens , Cowboys reportedly unable to agree on contract details.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

2. Carr has a no-trade clause, so he has to agree to a trade. As far out and unprecedented as my prediction is, I can see Carr and Adams uniting and becoming a "package deal".

McDaniels fancies himself a genius and thought he could turn Tim Tebow into andrew luck, I think he thinks the same of Jackson. Jackson has Brady's blessing as "the next one" or whatever he said.
                Devonta not happy about it saying he came to LVR to play with his college buddy. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him ask out now too. I’m in favor of that.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NashBolt View Post
                  Terrell Owens , Cowboys reportedly unable to agree on contract details.
                  Baltimore working TO out.
                  they're desperate.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You really see the Ravens surviving that far? They don’t seem like the old Ravens to me, maybe I’m missing something.
                    I can see Ravens turning the corner when LJ comes back because they're the best rushing trio left in the AFC.
                    their secondary is starting to pick off more ints.
                    While they lack receivers, their TEs are a mismatch for many defenders.
                    Just saying.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Adams has an extraordinary amount of dollars on the table here. Friends are nice but not $100M nice - they can go fishing together in February. Could happen, I’d just bet against it.

Seems like they will move on without Carr, not playing him avoids guaranteed dollars next year if hurt. They are lining it up publicly to get the minimum possible compensation for him they could get, nice moves there! And who are they going to bring in - a rookie? Good luck, they will be in the low teens on draft day, right?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

NFL.com's Rich Eisen is convinced that the Raiders will attempt to sign Tom Brady.

(4) This is NOT How We Saw The AFC West Playing Out | The Rich Eisen Show - YouTube

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                          NFL.com's Rich Eisen is convinced that the Raiders will attempt to sign Tom Brady.

(4) This is NOT How We Saw The AFC West Playing Out | The Rich Eisen Show - YouTube
                          Good. Brady sucks under pressure now (he was never great under inside pressure) and he doesnt have the same arm he once had.

Comment

Working...
                          X