Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    An Instagram account I follow, Vegan Fitness & Nutrition, posted about Cam Newton declaring he feels like a rookie again because adopted a vegan diet that has helped him recover from his injuries. The post calls Newton "one of the all-time most successful Quarter Backs in NFL." I commented that I appreciated the message but that calling Cam Newton one of the all time most successful QBs in the NFL a stretch. The guy who made the post said the fact that Newton won the MVP in 2015 - one of just 28 QBs in the 100-year history of the NFL to win the award - proves he is one of the all time best.
    I won't bother researching so I'll concede to whatever, whoever finds what but I'm pretty sure his injuries coincided with the start of his vegan diet, I remember looking that up at the time because I'm personally fascinated with the delusional mentality found in most vegan proponents
    no offense to any here, but I don't trust anyone giving nutritional advice whej their diet is tied to an ethical perspective
    I'm pretty sure they would recommend I eat glass before I "murder" a clam
    wts Cam is an idiot who doesn't understand the difference between a gorilla's digestive system and a humans. He is undoubtedly taking countless supplements to maintain a strong physique on his incomplete diet.
    Kap on the other hand looks to have lost about 40 lbs of muscle since eating grass
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• bartman83642
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      An Instagram account I follow, Vegan Fitness & Nutrition, posted about Cam Newton declaring he feels like a rookie again because adopted a vegan diet that has helped him recover from his injuries. The post calls Newton "one of the all-time most successful Quarter Backs in NFL." I commented that I appreciated the message but that calling Cam Newton one of the all time most successful QBs in the NFL a stretch. The guy who made the post said the fact that Newton won the MVP in 2015 - one of just 28 QBs in the 100-year history of the NFL to win the award - proves he is one of the all time best.
      Well, you are right that would be a stretch. The NFL MVP award hasn't been around for 100 years. It didn't start until 1957 which would mean about 45% of the award winners were QB's. Also remember Brian Sipe was one of the award winners and most people wouldn't consider him one of the most successful QB's in the NFL either.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

5 NFL officials opt out of season...

ESPN reported two replay officials will also not partake in the season.
        Last edited by Bolt-O; 08-14-2020, 03:02 PM. Reason: fixed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          5 NFL officials opt out of season....sorry link don't take you directly to it.
          We are so looking forward
          to fewer and fewer
          overofficious jerks.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Well, you are right that would be a stretch. The NFL MVP award hasn't been around for 100 years. It didn't start until 1957 which would mean about 45% of the award winners were QB's. Also remember Brian Sipe was one of the award winners and most people wouldn't consider him one of the most successful QB's in the NFL either.
            Well that dredges up more painful memories. Sipe won the MVP in 1980, and came with an eyelash of beating the Raiders in the divisional round of the playoffs in Cleveland, when Sipe had the KKs inside the Raiders' 10 with under a minute to go, trailing by 2 pts. They opted to go for six rather than 3, and Sipe threw an INT in the end zone, which brought the Raiders to San Diego the following week for the AFC title game. We know what happened next. I think Fouts and the boys woulda, coulda, shoulda beat the Browns and then gone onto beat the Eagles in the SB.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                Launchwiffy surfaces again..........

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Launchwiffy surfaces again..........
                  LOL...yep...if they sign Launchwhiffy, Vikes players better add flak jackets to their equipment...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

No wonder no team hasn’t signed him. He isn’t worth close to his acting price.

The 2020 NFL season is fast approaching, but Jadeveon Clowney remains a free agent. Despite getting some interest, he could remain on the open market even longer.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler broke down the latest rumors on the star pass-rusher on SportsCenter Sunday:

"The wait continues. There is no indication that Jadeveon Clowney is ready to sign today. This could push up right until Week 1. I've spoken to several teams and they believe his asking price is still around $17 million per year. Now they haven't heard exactly just yet because he's been pretty quiet, but nobody's willing to pay that right now. He's gotten multiple offers from multiple teams, anywhere from Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, Seattle Seahawks. He hasn't budged on that asking price. He's coming up to a situation where he's gotta decide if he wants to play this year or could he wait out the entire season, and there's still several teams heavily monitoring this."

Clowney spent last season with the Seattle Seahawks, finishing with just 31 tackles and three sacks in 13 games. He underwent sports hernia surgery in February after being limited by a core injury for much of the 2019 season.

The three-time Pro Bowler was seeking a salary among the best defenders in the NFL, reportedly as much as $20 million per year initially, according to Kimberley A. Martin of ESPN. He also has turned down offers of over $15 million per year.

Though he is seemingly staying firm on his high asking price, Josina Anderson reported in June that Clowney still planned to join a team "before the season starts."

The challenge could be finding a team willing and able to meet his demands.

Fowler listed the Browns, Titans and Seahawks as possibilities, but Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported in July that Cleveland was likely out of the race after restructuring the deal for Olivier Vernon.

Defensive end Everson Griffen also only earned a one-year, $6 million deal with the Dallas Cowboys after tallying eight sacks last season.

Even at different ages and skill sets, this could make it tougher for Clowney to earn the amount of money he is seeking this offseason.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Lynn was right, Vollert will be back!
                        for week 3
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Lynn was right, Vollert will be back!
                          for week 3
                          Vollert just signed with the panthers.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X