• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...tired of watching our D get gashed for big yardage up the gut...AND nobody pushing the pocket...I rate IDL and C as our two biggest PON's...if we can trade down for an extra 2nd rounder at least, what do you say to this:

Round 1 - IDL
    Round 2a - C
    Round 2b - RB or CB
    Round 3a - RB, CB or RT
    Round 4 - LB or FS
    Round 5 - TE, FS, RT, OG or CB
    Round 6a - OG or leftover PON from above
    Round 6b - CB or Edge
    Round 7 - PON
    I like it but that requires 9 studs in one draft. The Chargers would need the two best drafts in history to get that haul.

This time of year always smells of such optimism.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I like it but that requires 9 studs in one draft. The Chargers would need the two best drafts in history to get that haul.

The difference this year is it's legitimate optimism, which we haven't had in a looong time, as opposed to the blind homer optimism we've been forced to engage in since - I don't know . . . . . . . . . . . . . Marty was here?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Yeah but...this time we have Harbo...just won the National Championship...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Oh Joey and MW are gone. So with some free agency dollars - would need to sign a guy like Van Noy or a cheaper Edge Rusher to back up Turner and Tuli. And yes, I would be fine rolling Turner and Tuli out there from Day 1
          our d-line needs a guy like Wilkins, teaming him up with Tuli and Mack would be ideal...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Bring in Mitch Morse Center.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Oh Joey and MW are gone. So with some free agency dollars - would need to sign a guy like Van Noy or a cheaper Edge Rusher to back up Turner and Tuli. And yes, I would be fine rolling Turner and Tuli out there from Day 1
              As in Dallas Turner baby. We are set for future there if we go that way. At a premium position.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

The difference this year is it's legitimate optimism, which we haven't had in a looong time, as opposed to the blind homer optimism we've been forced to engage in since - I don't know . . . . . . . . . . . . . Marty was here?
                I agree - it is legitimate optimism. I am just taking a wait and see attitude to see what happens with free agency and the draft before I start to form an opinion on how good the team can be

Granted, better coaching, a better training staff with Ben Herbert - all of that - are positives. The Chargers, I have no doubt, will be a better team with Harbaugh as HC, this staff than any other coach they could have hired with the same players. And that is why I wanted Harbaugh - all things equal - he would coach up the roster the best. He was 1................................................. ...... Vrabel was 2................................................. .................................................. .........and the rest were a distant 3rd

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Justin Simmons released by the Broncos - good player for a long time
                  But tough time to be a safety - a lot of safeties are being released

Broncos are going through a bit of a rebuild perhaps but they couldn't even find a trade for him.

Have no clue if Bosa will have a market if Simmons didn't

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Look at all the good running backs and safeties on the open market. Appears some GMs are finally catching up.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                      Look at all the good running backs and safeties on the open market. Appears some GMs are finally catching up.
                      Allbright tweeted (paraphrasing) - the Broncos aren't done cutting fan favorites and its Sean Paytons team now

I am glad the Chargers got Harbaugh over Payton. Granted last year 5-12 wasn't good at all.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                        Or following the herd.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

70% of Chiefs-Dolphins fans who got frostbite at playoff game now facing amputation

The damage is still being felt months after the game.

By James Dator Mar 7, 2024, 11:34am EST
                          7 Comments / 7 New Share this story

Photo by Scott Winters/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
                          The brutal January 13 playoff game between the Chiefs and Dolphins at Arrowhead will be remembered forever. The -4 weather, combined with a -27 degree wind chill made it one of the coldest NFL games of all time, and now two months after the game some fans are still feeling the effects — and could for the rest of their lives.

FOX4 in Kansas City reports that a staggering 70 percent of people who had to seek medical assistance for frostbite due to the game are now facing the reality of amputation. This includes one fan who removed his gloves for five minutes to put up a tent in the parking lot, and is now in the process of discussing whether or not his fingers need to be amputated.

Fans who were effected by the cold are now reporting to the Grossman Burn Center in Kansas City as part of their recovery. Some have been lucky to regain feeling in their extremities following the game after numerous treatments in hyperbaric oxygen chambers, while more is being done to educate the public about the dangers of frostbite.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X