• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I want them to move on from Bosa so bad, I'm fucking done with Joey as a fan, but I'll trust this new GM/HC combo to have a plan and if they keep him it's going to be for a reason, I don't think it would be a longterm thing...Joey is not a team guy, he's a me first guy and how anyone could still want that on the roster is beyond me...

I would not give Joey that 7.4mil bonus he's due in a few days, fuck that shit! cutting him and MWs still clears up 34 mil in cap space and then you can "extend" both Mack and KA on one voidable year to push about 15mil in dead cap into 2025 but you also create an additional 20 mil in cap space this year...so that 34mil in space turns into 54 which puts you about 33 mil UNDER the cap to go make some noise in FA and sign our picks...

also if needed restructuring Herbert clears another 5.7mil and then you can still clear an additional 6.2mil by cutting the punter, Morgan Fox, and the pending June 1st cut of Linsley---so that's almost 12 mil more that the chargers can clear by June 1st if they need it, it would require looking for another punter or drafting Tory Taylor from Iowa with our last pick...

Also for the guys that want OT early, they could also move on from pipkins after June 1st and save an additional 6.2 mil for 2024...

the point is that the Chargers have options even while keeping KA and Mack AND potentially signing someone like Wilkins...but Bosa and MW need to go plus they need to make a series of smaller moves none of which cause trouble in the future but can make it comfortable to sign draft picks and still have spending money for the in season budget...
    I actually do think that for Mack and Allen - the best types of contracts are basically one year deals that go from year to year and how they each perform at this stage of their careers. Granted, I am sure they both would like a bit more guaranteed money than just what they are owed this year. On the flip side - to get maximum cap space means you are putting at risk having a big dead number for each next year.

I think Allen will sign a multi year extension but the Evans numbers are a guide and he should be below those

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I actually do think that for Mack and Allen - the best types of contracts are basically one year deals that go from year to year and how they each perform at this stage of their careers. Granted, I am sure they both would like a bit more guaranteed money than just what they are owed this year. On the flip side - to get maximum cap space means you are putting at risk having a big dead number for each next year.

I think Allen will sign a multi year extension but the Evans numbers are a guide and he should be below those
      I think both of those players realize they are not going to get top dollar anymore, those days are gone, if they want to stay put and play with Herbert and for Harbaugh then they need to make some concessions, the grass isn't always greener and both would still be the highest paid at their respective positions on the team which I think is important to these guys...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I think both of those players realize they are not going to get top dollar anymore, those days are gone, if they want to stay put and play with Herbert and for Harbaugh then they need to make some concessions, the grass isn't always greener and both would still be the highest paid at their respective positions on the team which I think is important to these guys...
        Yep...now, with the addition of H&H, the grass is actually greener...here...
        (Even though it's that artificial stuff...)

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

our cap is not just solvable, it is already SOLVED for next year. This is a one year blip, nothing to worry about. They have over $120M cap space next year at current status quo. It won’t be that by the time they get there as they need to secure Slater but it’s not an issue. And that assumes Joey is on the roster at $33M cap hit but it’s only a $7M dead cap hit to cut him. Pipkins becomes cuttable with another $7M cap savings possible. Etc. The CAP IS SOLVED - everyone can forget about cap nightmares,

they could sign “a Wilkins” type, then cutting a Joey/drafting new young Edge is much less risky to overall defense. Jmo, I’ll be over here banging on the trashcan in the alley til morning - WE GOT NO IDL!!!

KC has ok edge pressure, but Chris Jones is key to the KC defense. KC won the SB this year due to improved defense and not some super unstoppable offense. They didn’t win by “outscoring” BAL and SF in a shootout as is most often stated here, they won by holding both of those offenses below their normal production. 19 pts in regulation play is not unstoppable offense folks.

Connect the dots folks …
          I'm with u banging that trash can full of dirt, Mac...speaking of Chris Jones generating all that IDL pressure, I remember an interview with an ex-Cheatriot player, who insisted that Tom Brady had the most trouble with INSIDE PRESSURE COLLAPSING THE POCKET...DRAFT IDL...DRAFT IDL...DRAFT IDL...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm with u banging that trash can full of dirt, Mac...speaking of Chris Jones generating all that IDL pressure, I remember an interview with an ex-Cheatriot player, who insisted that Tom Brady had the most trouble with INSIDE PRESSURE COLLAPSING THE POCKET...DRAFT IDL...DRAFT IDL...DRAFT IDL...
            yep indeed topper - the way to beat Brady was always to collapse the inside of the pocket.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

yep indeed topper - the way to beat Brady was always to collapse the inside of the pocket.
              Yep...tired of watching our D get gashed for big yardage up the gut...AND nobody pushing the pocket...I rate IDL and C as our two biggest PON's...if we can trade down for an extra 2nd rounder at least, what do you say to this:

Round 1 - IDL
              Round 2a - C
              Round 2b - RB or CB
              Round 3a - RB, CB or RT
              Round 4 - LB or FS
              Round 5 - TE, FS, RT, OG or CB
              Round 6a - OG or leftover PON from above
              Round 6b - CB or Edge
              Round 7 - PON

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Yep...tired of watching our D get gashed for big yardage up the gut...AND nobody pushing the pocket...I rate IDL and C as our two biggest PON's...if we can trade down for an extra 2nd rounder at least, what do you say to this:

Round 1 - IDL
                Round 2a - C
                Round 2b - RB or CB
                Round 3a - RB, CB or RT
                Round 4 - LB or FS
                Round 6b - CB or Edge
                Round 7 - PON
                What about trading Mack
                trading back for picks from say 5 to 8 and getting 3rd and 4th this year and a future third from Atlanta
                Drafting Turner at 8
                Signing Wilkins with the money you would pay Mack

1st Turner
                2nd
                3a and 3b (Atl) and 3c (for Mack)
                4a and 4b (Atl)
                7a
                7b

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I just don't knwo for each

I think Allen is back and Mack will be traded

I think Allen will sign for just a bit less on an AAV basis than Evans in Tampa did

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

What about trading Mack
                    trading back for picks from say 5 to 8 and getting 3rd and 4th this year and a future third from Atlanta
                    Drafting Turner at 8
                    Signing Wilkins with the money you would pay Mack

1st Turner
                    2nd
                    3a and 3b (Atl) and 3c (for Mack)
                    4a and 4b (Atl)
                    7a
                    7b
                    that would be fine by me as long as everyone understands that Joey is just going to get hurt again...my preference would be Mack over Joey and then bring in Wilkins...they can get the same cap savings as in the Mack trade if they play it right...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Bills have started to get cap compliant with cuts today. Among them safety Jordan Poyer and center Mitch Morse

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Round 1 - IDL
                        Round 2a - C
                        Round 2b - RB or CB
                        Round 3a - RB, CB or RT
                        Round 4 - LB or FS
                        Round 6b - CB or Edge
                        Round 7 - PON

Agreed 1000% - both positions (ATM) are very scary . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

that would be fine by me as long as everyone understands that Joey is just going to get hurt again...my preference would be Mack over Joey and then bring in Wilkins...they can get the same cap savings as in the Mack trade if they play it right...
                          Oh Joey and MW are gone. So with some free agency dollars - would need to sign a guy like Van Noy or a cheaper Edge Rusher to back up Turner and Tuli. And yes, I would be fine rolling Turner and Tuli out there from Day 1

Comment

Working...
                          X