🧐🚶🏼

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

IDL players have a reputation for maintaining their value even into their 30s but it's definitely a risk...it depends on the type of contract he's going to want and how much guaranteed, I can see the chargers doing 50 mil guaranteed over 3 years with a voidable year or two added so basically a 3 year deal and he'd be free to go elsewhere by age 31 and the cap hit could be spread out further...on paper it would look like a 4 year 100 million deal with 24 avg...but they'd have to lose both the Mack and the Bosa contracts to make it work, the only other big contract that the chargers have looming is Slater so maybe it would work, they can also still add an older center like Cole or Allen that wouldn't count against comp picks and then worry about backup center on day three? IDK, it's risky and it depends as well on how long they plan to keep KA at big money...

right now it definitely looks like they have to cut MW and trade Mack just to even get to a place where they can start working on what to do about Joey...whichever one they keep of Joey or Mack will most likely be a trade candidate in season but let's be honest Joey can't stay healthy long enough to get traded during the season...IDK man, after seeing what happened to Miami, I'm thinking the best thing is not to tie up big money on more than one or maybe two aging vets no matter what...so Keenan short term and someone in free agency like Wilkins...

let's keep in mind what wilkins would mean to Tuli and whoever they decide to sign in cheap FA to fill in at edge, there will be guys this year looking for a team with a solid QB/HC situation that might have a shot at the playoffs...now I'm thinking it's imperative that they move both Joey and Mack...IDK, it's a fucked up situation but it could be so much worse, it could be Miami...
      Wilkins would be HUGE and I don't mean physically big. a dominating interior DL player changes EVERYTHING about our defense.

EVERY
      THING!

that is the only place on our roster I could see going hog wild. He will be 31 in yr4, thats not too old.

I keep Mack. He's Harbaugh on the field, personified. best example on the entire roster of how Harbaugh wants to work and play. But then again, if the phone rings - I have to answer and listen. Not trading for a lousy future 5th
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Wilkins would be HUGE and I don't mean physically big. a dominating interior DL player changes EVERYTHING about our defense.

EVERY
        THING!

that is the only place on our roster I could see going hog wild. He will be 31 in yr4, thats not too old.

I keep Mack. He's Harbaugh on the field, personified. best example on the entire roster of how Harbaugh wants to work and play. But then again, if the phone rings - I have to answer and listen. Not trading for a lousy future 5th
        Using OTC:
        Release Fox
        Release Parham - not much savings, just don't see a fit
        ask JK Scott to waive his roster bonus and if he makes the team in September - he gets it, other c-ya (truly, he wasn't that good)
        Extend Allen with a contract similar to what Mike Evans signed for saving $16m on his cap
        Release MW
        Release Bosa with a June 1 to maximize cap this year
        Linsley retires with a June 1

Chargers could keep Mack on his contract and not touch it at all

Chargers could be a player for Wilkins and still would have Mack this year and if he balls out in 2024 -- sign him next year, if not FA next year (unless some team really overpays with a pick)

Now - doing the above - I think the team would have somewhere between 20 and 25m in free agency after paying draft picks, In season IR fund, etc

Wilkins - $10m added to the cap
        Center - $4m
        TE - $3m
        RB - $3m
        QB - $2m

The rest would be minimum level players - thats the best I have for you Dmac - Deal or No Deal??!!
        If not Wilkins - there are probably veteran DTs that you can get for cheaper and still keep Mack without touching his contract

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Using OTC:
          Release Fox
          ask JK Scott to waive his roster bonus and if he makes the team in September - he gets it, other c-ya (truly, he wasn't that good)
          Extend Allen with a contract similar to what Mike Evans signed for saving $16m on his cap
          Release MW

Chargers could be a player for Wilkins and still would have Mack this year and if he balls out in 2024 -- sign him next year, if not FA next year (unless some team really overpays with a pick)

Now - doing the above - I think the team would have somewhere between 20 and 25m in free agency after paying draft picks, In season IR fund, etc

Center - $4m
          TE - $3m
          RB - $3m
          QB - $2m

The rest would be minimum level players - thats the best I have for you Dmac - Deal or No Deal??!!
          If not Wilkins - there are probably veteran DTs that you can get for cheaper and still keep Mack without touching his contract
          that there is a real plan, well done
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

that there is a real plan, well done
            And even if Mack is traded - probably not keeping Bosa unless its an incentive laden deal. Like $10m salary plus incentive s- just don't trust him to stay healthy

And if not Wilkins - I would for sure find a really good IDL to add to the mix

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Id say why release Bosa? Again he has trade value. Id get something for him and don't care if I trade him before June 1st. I'll take the pick this year.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Id say why release Bosa? Again he has trade value. Id get something for him and don't care if I trade him before June 1st. I'll take the pick this year.
                Did Justin Simmons have trade value? He is a better player than Bosa and healthier

Not every player has trade value in the NFL --

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Did Justin Simmons have trade value? He is a better player than Bosa and healthier

Not every player has trade value in the NFL --
                  You think a safety has as much value as a Edge rusher?

Nobody has any value to you on our team but you sure want to sign every guy that gets cut from other teams during the season.

Mack is drawing a lot of interest and you wanted to release him too.

​I also wouldn't call the Broncos GM the sharpest knife in the drawer

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Using OTC:
                    Release Fox
                    Release MW

Center - $4m
                    TE - $3m
                    RB - $3m
                    QB - $2m

Nice budgeting there, Knob...u could be Hortiz's assistant...

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I hate that we have to face him for three more years.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You think a safety has as much value as a Edge rusher?

Nobody has any value to you on our team but you sure want to sign every guy that gets cut from other teams during the season.

Mack is drawing a lot of interest and you wanted to release him too.

I also wouldn't call the Broncos GM the sharpest knife in the drawer
                        Pretty sure I have always thought that trading Mack made more sense than releasing him. But if you tell me that they can improve the team by releasing Mack to free up the cap space because there is not a trade available, I would release Mack.

As for Simmons - I think a player that actually plays and not whatever Bosa does - might have more trade value. Joey Bosa as a great player is a fallacy based on his name, contract and draft status,. He is overrated and overpaid - what value do you think that has?

As for why I was- in the above post - categorizing Bosa as a June 1 - it was to keep Mack and sign Wilkins. In that one scenario. Yet if presented with another scenarior - I might take the cap space to get the pick

But remains to be seen - you said Bosa would get a 2nd round pick. I don't think it will happen.

Lastly signing players mid year - if they might be better than whats on the roster and they are the veteran minimum, why not.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Nice budgeting there, Knob...u could be Hortiz's assistant...
                          Thanks - I trust Hortiz and Alexander with Ed Maguire

But I will say there are some good follows on Twitter(X) that I like with cap stuff

Comment

Working...
                          X