• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Raquon Smith wants out of Chicago. Says the team has disrespected him during contract talks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I thought davis was a risky pick because he’s one of those guys that’s so talented physically that they sometimes try to get by on natural ability alone. His body at the combine was not representative of someone that’s putting in the work in the weight room and with other types of conditioning. IMO, had he tested at say 320 and cut up, he probably gets picked somewhere in the top 5. If the lights come on and he becomes more motivated he could be really special. He needs to work on his technique too.
      A guy i had mixed feelings about.: i would have considered him at 17(?), but he has a very limited pass rush repetoire,

In fact, we saw it all on that one clip: stick is hands onto the lineman's shoulder pads and push.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Raquon Smith wants out of Chicago. Says the team has disrespected him during contract talks.
        Murray and a third rounder....if we could fit him into the future, financially speaking....not sure thats doable...
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Smith. No-brainer.

Comment

• AL9000
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2022
            • San Diego, CA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            If we could afford him in our future budget, I'd go after him. Not sure it'd be financially possible though.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Is there a Staley connection?

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Jordan Davis did get a lot better as his college career went on.

As far as endurance goes, it takes a lot more energy for a 340 lb guy to run around a lot, than it does for a 300lb DL. But there are a fair number of 320 lb guys, and had he lost that much weight prior to the draft, I think you would be right about the additional interest in him.

The weight thing is also a problem with technique. It is really, really hard to be flexible enough to get in a good football stance with leverage on all the joints if there is a lot of flab in the way.

IT is worth the nearest comp for him to another NFL player was Dontari Poe, only Davis is a little bit bigger and runs a 40 time that is 0.2 seconds faster (Poe was 4.98 and Davis is 4.78). Using Poe as a comp it is worth noting that Poe only had a good season or two, and even then he was never the run defender that people thought he would be. He was good most seasons, but not great. He was more productive pass rusher, getting 4.5 sacks in 2013, 6 in 2014 and 4 in 2019 (he had 3.5 sacks in his other 5 seasons combined).

It's also worth noting that, while he dominated the Eagles C on that play, it was Cameron Jurgens, a somewhat undersized rookie C out of Nebraska, not an established NFL OL.
                I can think of other big NTs that had a very good career. Siragusa, Jamal Williams, Wilfork, Vita Vea. Let's just see how Davis does. If he applies himself in training, is fully committed to being the best he can be and has the right stuff between the ears, he'll be very good.

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                  Great White North
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

If we could afford him in our future budget, I'd go after him. Not sure it'd be financially possible though.
                  It's not. Non-premium position with a player that wants to set the market.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Nothing against him, personally, so... Good for him!

I'm among those who were hoping that Tua would fall to the Chargers at the #6 pick, and I *do* think he can succeed in the NFL.

There's just no arguing the point, however, that Justin Herbert possesses a significantly better skill set, overall, than does Tua. The record breaking numbers Herb's put up in his first two seasons also speak REALLY loudly to the rarity of his talent.
                    Same here. I wanted Tua and was hoping the 'Phins would pick Herbert. :lmao:Shows how much I know. But the general consensus was that Tua was more NFL ready. Nobody saw what was coming from Herbert. One pundit Alex Rollins, put out a video declaring Herbert a bust a month before the draft. Now, whenever I see one of his videos, I comment that nobody should take his analysis of anything football seriously after he assured us all Herbert was going to be a sure fire bust.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Schefter claims the Browns will sign Kaep:

kaep.JPG

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Chiefs signing Danny Shelton to a one year deal. Shelton has really bounced around the league.

Browns signing Kapernick is either genius or just plain stupid. On the one hand, all the media attention Kapernick brings for non football things will take the media attention off of Watson for all the non football things he does. On the other hand, this makes Stefanski’s job almost impossible and brings a lot of unwanted distraction and controversy to an already stressed locker room. And Kapernick was really never a great QB and not even a good one. Decent maybe. So on the field they aren’t getting much. If it’s true.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                          Schefter claims the Browns will sign Kaep:

kaep.JPG
                          Fake news.

Comment