Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

process of elimination?
    Yeah, I’d prefer to not trust a process that means we suck for years before starting to rebuild.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Gonna build it Tevi Tough.
      I remember an interview with an ex 49er (Gary Plummer?). He spoke about how the 49ers hated playing the Chargers.....the Chargers being an uber physical team during that period.

It might have been the Dan Henning era. The Chargers were very physical, but not a good team.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yeah, I’d prefer to not trust a process that means we suck for years before starting to rebuild.
        Yeah, I'd prefer that too...

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Rivers moving to Fla. makes me totally re-think what to expect from the Bolts in the pre-season. This will be a make or break year for TT.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• El_Tee
            I’m No Noob
            • Sep 2019
            • Disney World, FL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Show me a recent quote where Telesco/Lynn said they want Rivers to return next year. Their language purposefully avoided saying that and by so doing it was obvious he wasn't returning.

The little leaked story on how Rivers was apathetic about promoting the Chargers pretty much made it clear to me. Complete lack of class by this organization.

I went back and listened to Telesco. You’re not wrong, I recall Telesco seeming more like he wanted him and when I listen again I’ll agree it’s more ambiguous than that.

I don’t think it was a lack of class at all. We don’t know what was said and how Rivers wanted it handled. He moves awfully quick. Our season ended a couple weeks ago and everything was packed up and they were moving into a new giant house.

If I hear that Rivers wanted a press conference to say goodbye and was denied, I’ll agree it was a bad look by the FO.

But for all we know, they told him they weren’t re-signing him, they told him he could handle it however he wanted and they would support it, and he called all the shots for how the rest would unfold.

I’m not saying it happened this way. But I will say if that’s the deal, that’s hardly a lack of class. Nobody owed him an extension after this season.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post

I went back and listened to Telesco. You’re not wrong, I recall Telesco seeming more like he wanted him and when I listen again I’ll agree it’s more ambiguous than that.

I don’t think it was a lack of class at all. We don’t know what was said and how Rivers wanted it handled. He moves awfully quick. Our season ended a couple weeks ago and everything was packed up and they were moving into a new giant house.

If I hear that Rivers wanted a press conference to say goodbye and was denied, I’ll agree it was a bad look by the FO.

But for all we know, they told him they weren’t re-signing him, they told him he could handle it however he wanted and they would support it, and he called all the shots for how the rest would unfold.

I’m not saying it happened this way. But I will say if that’s the deal, that’s hardly a lack of class. Nobody owed him an extension after this season.
              True. But most teams extend a player a year early if that year was a great year, which it was.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

No, not whatever was said privately about their parting of ways; the classless part was the leak, about a month ago to an NFL reporter, on how Rivers angered Charger insiders by not sufficiently promoting the Chargers in L.A., and his continued commuting from the North County.

That was the purposeful classless shit that the Spanos are about.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

River can hold a press conference anytime he wants. If they were back in San Diego, i'm sure something hastily would have been assembled. In L.A., they don't give a shit what the Chargers do: no point in really holding a press conference.

Comment

• El_Tee
                    I’m No Noob
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Disney World, FL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

No, not whatever was said privately about their parting of ways; the classless part was the leak, about a month ago to an NFL reporter, on how Rivers angered Charger insiders by not sufficiently promoting the Chargers in L.A., and his continued commuting from the North County.

That was the purposeful classless shit that the Spanos are about.
                    Never heard of this, and not trying to play coy. I tried to google stuff and couldn’t find anything. Not saying you’re wrong, just can’t find it to comment on it. On the surface, you say it happened and I believe you and it’s shitty if true. Agreed.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Never heard of this, and not trying to play coy. I tried to google stuff and couldn’t find anything. Not saying you’re wrong, just can’t find it to comment on it. On the surface, you say it happened and I believe you and it’s shitty if true. Agreed.
                      I'll look it up...give me a moment. It was posted here & commented on about a month ago.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

There is a " very real chance" the Los Angeles Chargers and veteran quarterback Philip Rivers will part ways after the 2019 season, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports...

Another factor that could lead to Rivers and the Chargers separating is, per La Canfora, "Rivers' lack of interest in promoting the move to Los Angeles—he spends upwards of four hours a day in his car commuting back to San Diego—has not gone unnoticed, either, which some in the organization believe could be a critical element moving forward."

As one source told La Canfora, "He doesn't seem like he wants anything to do with L.A., at a time when the team is actually completing its relocation to L.A."

- one would assume the source is someone in the Charger organization instructed to approach La Canfora and give him this tidbit.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Even Weddle didn't do crap like that.

Does anyone remember the long time San Diego Charger employee who was fired when he made an unsanctioned comment to the press during the move to L.A.

Comment

Working...
                          X