Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    I resent the term "hater"
    Speaking only for myself, ive always been a fan of 17
    what I "hate" is being criticized for being objective
    It's okay to be objective about every NFL player except 17.
    and I have no doubt that if Rivers had either 0 interceptions or a W today, there would have been a gag fest of Colt fans in Charger jerseys jerking each other off about how Rivers just needed a half decent Oline.

He got one, and still managed to throw 2 picks after being up on the worst team in football

The focus of course becomes the context of tje game.
    If I'm ever on trial for murder I want these guys as the jury
    I'm wondering if the coaches and players didn't get that memo on the JAGs! :couch:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

With the way our QB played today Jags might have beat us too.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Rivers once again was forced to make plays and had to be perfect to win: same old same old.

Even so, imho he's not a HOF quarterback unless he makes some splash this year.
        Huh?
        Rivers didnt need to be perfect at all. He could have be pedestrian today vs the Jax team. Just dont toss a pick into double coverage when you are ahead in the 1st half. Don't throw late and behind for a pick in late game 4th qtr drive. He can throw them both away and his team wins. But, he turns it over and it cost them the W.

QBs can't run away from the responsibility to find a way to lead the team to wins regardless of anything else. They are the one player who is in charge of the rock.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          With the way our QB played today Jags might have beat us too.
          Maybe.
          If Tyrod managed to contribute to an L with 2 interceptions you definitely won’t find me defending him with half the spirit you see from Rivers-apologists

I'm certain Rivers himself could appreciate that.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Im a huge Rivers fan. And the Colts have to win that game. Period. Theres plenty of blame to go around, including some for Rivers.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Maybe.
              If Tyrod managed to contribute to an L with 2 interceptions you definitely won’t find me defending him with half the spirit you see from Rivers-apologists

I'm certain Rivers himself could appreciate that.
              True.But Phil did throw touchdowns today.Tierod is a backup,nothin more nothin less.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                I watched the entire game and saw the good and bad Rivers. He had two interceptions on passes he should not have thrown. He also made some fantastic plays and had the Colts inside the 30 late with a chance to tie it up and his receivers dropped passes on 3rd and 4th down. The reality is somewhere between his fans and haters.
                Well they were losing before his second INT. They got down by seven after the INT so it wasn't a nail in the coffin and it wasn't a INT he threw on their last drive to end the game. This time he brought them down the field and was let down by his WRs but the QB always gets the blame.

Had the Bengals kicker made that FG today to tie it up and we lose in OT it would have been another time the defense blew a lead on the last drive. Rivers was victim to many of those as well but he got the blame because of a INT he my have threw in the 3rd quarter.

Burrow threw a INT today and Chaincrusher is using that as a reason he wasn't good today but the INT didn't hurt them as we didn't score from it and it was a rookie mistake. Herbert Wil make those rookie mistakes as well.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-13-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

The Bolts scored the last 10 points and kept Cincy from scoring a TD to win. Give them credit for playing tough in the end.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    The Bolts scored the last 10 points and kept Cincy from scoring a TD to win. Give them credit for playing tough in the end.
                    We were very lucky to be playing a really bad team and honestly that is the only reason we won. Mahomes won't miss wide open receivers in the end zone or throw a shovel pass right to a LB. I'll take a win but nobody can be impressed with how our O played today.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We were very lucky to be playing a really bad team and honestly that is the only reason we won. Mahomes won't miss wide open receivers in the end zone or throw a shovel pass right to a LB. I'll take a win but nobody can be impressed with how our O played today.
                      It's not like they didn't show up to contest us today! It was a fight and we're still learning on offense. If we keep missing on short yard conversions it's going to be a long season. No need to be predictable and i think tyrod can do 10 yard lobs down field if they stack 9 in the box.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It's not like they didn't show up to contest us today! It was a fight and we're still learning on offense. If we keep missing on short yard conversions it's going to be a long season. No need to be predictable and i think tyrod can do 10 yard lobs down field if they stack 9 in the box.
                        Its going to be a long season on offense. Taylor can't even run anymore, he could never pass. This team will average 13 points a game if the defense or ST does not chip in with scoring.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Its going to be a long season on offense. Taylor can't even run anymore, he could never pass. This team will average 13 points a game if the defense or ST does not chip in with scoring.
                          All I got to see are the Highlight films so I didn't get to see the low-lights. They are protecting Herbert for a few games this season and I have always been in the encampment that it's just a matter of time before Tyrod is replaced. It's a transitional year and I'm not expecting much but I guess the coaches have to try and win regardless who the QB is and Hope they can train Herbert up before the season is lost. I'm just hoping for an even record like 3-3 by the sixth game before they change riders mid stream.

Comment

Working...
                          X