• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

Spoiled? Phillip gave us 16 years of loosing.
    Lol, ..ok. you will see going forward what you get. Guess Fouts is a loser too.
    To me it's Spano's who are the losers.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

Spoiled? Phillip gave us 16 years of loosing.
      As much as I have loved having him be our QB and the face of the franchise, he has never been Mr. Clutch. This last season was bad but it’s always been there. Good time to move on, I do expect struggles from the position but then again not as bad as last season.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Things will change with Brady.....

Trolling as usual with the Subject, please don't be offended. However I keep pounding with it because I am 100% convinced of my conspiracy theory.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, ..ok. you will see going forward what you get. Guess Fouts is a loser too.
          To me it's Spano's who are the losers.
          show me the ring
          We’re all losers
          until proven otherwise
          P1. Block Destruction
          P2. Shocking Effort
          P3. Ball Disruption
          P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The talent evaluation of TT and AL are spotty.

They were hoping for 2019 to be a year filled with talent reaching championship level. Were their expectations too high? Instead what they got was a borderline unimpressive train wreck.
            The decision to hire guys like TT and AL (and keep them past their welcome), is the real problem. TT has failed to build a tough, physical football team. We are still soft where it matters must. TT and has been here way too long. It's taken him how long to say that he needs to do things differently in FA?

AL is just another place holder in the long line of budget conscience head coaching hires for the Spani clan. A guy who still can't even manage a clock.

Ultimately the owners keep making the same horrible hires.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I love Phillip and will welcome him back, but I think he's gone. That's just my gut feeling.

NO to Tom Brady, or any of the other retreads. We already have Tyrod.

I think they draft someone, whether that is at 6, or move back for extra picks, or draft someone with the 2nd round pick.

Let Stick and the Rookie (who ever that shall be) battle it out for the starting job, and Tyrod is there as the steadying hand...someone we can go to if they are struggling or having a bad game.or whatnot.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

show me the ring
                We’re all losers
                until proven otherwise
                Plenty of Hall of famers with no rings. Keep saying it's a team sport but nobody cares to hear that

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

The decision to hire guys like TT and AL (and keep them past their welcome), is the real problem. TT has failed to build a tough, physical football team. We are still soft where it matters must. TT and has been here way too long. It's taken him how long to say that he needs to do things differently in FA?

AL is just another place holder in the long line of budget conscience head coaching hires for the Spani clan. A guy who still can't even manage a clock.

Ultimately the owners keep making the same horrible hires.
                  Agree......

Biggest Chargers problem has been and still is spanos:

in order to save money, spanos always waits until all good coaches are hired by someone else before starting the coaching search...... like we did wit Turner...... when no one else was available, be settled for Turner.....

we never even attempted to sign Reid when he was available......

Spanos also loves to keep all of their cheap assistant coaches so they require any new coach to keep the existing scrubs....... that severely limits who will be interested in the job.....

Any great coach wants to hire his own staff....... chargers dont allow that.....

Same is true for a real GM....... a real GM wants to be in charge and hire his own HC coach, scouts, etc.........

TT worked for Polian but not sure how much say TT really has..... i have a strong feeling that TT takes orders from Spanos..... and just is the GM for appearance purposes........

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree......

in order to save money, spanos always waits until all good coaches are hired by someone else before starting the coaching search...... like we did wit Turner...... when no one else was available, be settled for Turner.....

Spanos also loves to keep all of their cheap assistant coaches so they require any new coach to keep the existing scrubs....... that severely limits who will be interested in the job.....

Any great coach wants to hire his own staff....... chargers dont allow that.....

Same is true for a real GM....... a real GM wants to be in charge and hire his own HC coach, scouts, etc.........

TT worked for Polian but not sure how much say TT really has..... i have a strong feeling that TT takes orders from Spanos..... and just is the GM for appearance purposes........
                    Yeah, I get the same sense about TT. And unfortunately the money thing doesn't stop with the coaches.
                    If they f' the dog on a new contract for Bosa and K.Allen holds out, they might as well just fly a white flag at kroenke world... first time around there was the escrow thing. When a guy outplays his contract, you kind of have to pony-up, or cut bait with a trade as soon as you can so you don't have a hold out and waste a year. Chargers have frequently attempted to hardball. I really want to be wrong about this, this time.

Can they get Rivers back on a reasonable number, might as well try to have something to show for themselves.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

what is a reasonable number for Rivers? with the current state of the team having rivers hampers their ability to sign others. the other hand having a mediocre team next year leads to a mediocre draft slot and once again are left again looking for a QB. i cant see this team being anything more than mediocre at best with the current cast, including coaches. i think this team way over performed last season. i really dunno what to do or even suggest. ownership? coaches? players?...???

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree......

Have heard this about TT from many. Wouldn't be surprised if true, but at the same time, look at the draft picks in terms of trenches - we have been found wanting. So even outside of FA ,where TT supposedly excels (through the draft), he has struggled in the trenches. Unless the Spani clan is also making all the draft calls, there is no excuse.

But yes, ultimately it's all about these crappy owners more so than anything else. Not only are they some of the cheaper owners out there, especially when it comes to non cap related expense, but at the same time they added on more debt. So by moving they increased equity in the long term potentially, but not liquidity in terms of cash flow in the short term. Plus they have to pay back the relocation fee. So they are penny pinching even more now. Who gets screwed? We the fans as usual, who get to endure the shit show.

So none of this is really all that much of a surprise.

On a side note, I get that forums are an old thing now for NFL teams and many have been shut down. But you'd think 20K a year to keep the CMB open would have been worth their while to keep their few remaining fans content. But nope, that had to be shut down too.

This is just to say Thank God for TPB! The Charger faithful find a way to stay fans despite the owners' moronic decisions. Spanos and co clearly don't take pride in winning. It's all just about the bottom line. I wish they were forced to sell so they could release us from this purgatory.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Glad I'm not the only one to see the root of all our team's troubles.It is hard to stay optimistic when ya got our owners I tell ya!But hey Bolt Up!

Comment

Working...
                          X