• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sb4Rivers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

HUH??? You think Manning is better that Rivers? Not even close. Manning was a product of a good solid team around him. A bad ass defense won that one super bowl. Harassed Brady all day.
    Point is, no QB is a sure thing. Chargers drafted Philip River because 1. Brees was not developed or 2. Chargers gave up on their Vision/Plan with him.
    Giants felt Manning pedigree made him the #1 pick.

chargers should have tried to get Larry Fitzgerald in a three way trade and continued to develop Brees/Vision/Plan......

Chargers gave up on Brees in less than 2 seasons, then shortly after Shotty....

Giants were a stable organization that felt Manning had a better pedigree and Support System. The real Question is would River won a Super Bowl if He ended up With Giants or Steelers.

I believe he would have, and I also believe he is a better QB than Manning. But hot as clutch.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

Point is, no QB is a sure thing. Chargers drafted Philip River because 1. Brees was not developed or 2. Chargers gave up on their Vision/Plan with him.

chargers should have tried to get Larry Fitzgerald in a three way trade and continued to develop Brees/Vision/Plan......

Giants were a stable organization that felt Manning had a better pedigree and Support System. The real Question is would River won a Super Bowl if He ended up With Giants or Steelers.

I believe he would have, and I also believe he is a better QB than Manning. But hot as clutch.

Our organization is not a good one, is not an organization that wins championships, that is one thing for sure. You have to account for that when evaluating the should have's and could have's of players.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Our organization is not a good one, is not an organization that wins championships, that is one thing for sure. You have to account for that when evaluating the should have's and could have's of players.
        True, we currently have the wrong GM and Coaching Staff which will set us up for Failure.

AJ and Shotty we’re both Alfa Rams that somehow put together the best team Chargers Ever had. 2018 12-4 Team was not even close to Shotty 2006 team.
        Rivers, LT, L Neil, Gates, McNeil, Dielman, Hardwick
        jwal, Castillo... Phillips,jammer, Kaeding Scifres

im sure I’m missing people.

Patriots got Lucky in that PO game.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

True, we currently have the wrong GM and Coaching Staff which will set us up for Failure.

AJ and Shotty we’re both Alfa Rams that somehow put together the best team Chargers Ever had. 2018 12-4 Team was not even close to Shotty 2006 team.

Lucky? Do you have a louder word for that in English?

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2019
            • Send PM

It’s crazy to think we’d have a much different history right now, had Mcree just fucking fell down.

So many dumb things that game. Mcree fumble, Kaeding miss, muffed punt that lead to Pats FG, and if I remember correctly on that same drive one of our defenders head butted someone after a failed 3rd down.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post

It’s crazy to think we’d have a much different history right now, had Mcree just fucking fell down.

So many dumb things that game. Mcree fumble, Kaeding miss, muffed punt that lead to Pats FG, and if I remember correctly on that same drive one of our defenders head butted someone after a failed 3rd down.
              It was Phillips with the head butt. Another stupid penalty, just stupid. WTF were these guys thinking. McCree didn't even need to fall down, it was 4th down all he had to do was knock the ball down and it was game over.

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Yeah, but think about it, ok we were rookies on the spotlight, setting the foundation for years to come, we had it, and what happens next? We let go of the true master and we hire Norv Turner....

Whose decision was that? AJ or Deano? If it was Deano fuck it, there it is, if it was AJ, Deano should've never let him do it.

No matter what, Its the organization dammit...

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

As much as I think the Chargers organization is trash this one after living through it was a bit different. Brees as we know him today wasn’t playing for the Chargers. He was always cerebral but he didn’t have the physical gifts that come with a surgically repaired shoulder. Bree’s was always accurate but could barely throw the ball past 20 yards before the surgery after the surgery he was throwing 40 yard dimes.

It’s a case of good for him, but to blame the Chargers for not keeping an up and down noodle armed Brees is a tough sell.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                    THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                    Generous Donor
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

It was Phillips with the head butt. Another stupid penalty, just stupid. WTF were these guys thinking. McCree didn't even need to fall down, it was 4th down all he had to do was knock the ball down and it was game over.
                    It was Drayton "Head Butt" Florence who got the unsportsmanlike. It was also on 4th down (we stopped them) and the Pats ended up scoring.

In addition to Parker's muffed punt, he had a few (forgotten) drive-killing drops in the first half. It was by far his worst game as a Charger (and his last).

VJax also dropped a surefire 1st down catch that would have continued a drive. AND he didn't 'drag the toe' later in the end zone that would have been a TD.

Rivers missed Gates on an out pattern on the final drive that would have gotten Kaeding about 15-20 yards closer for the final FG try. He mentioned it in his postgame. Who knows?

The infamous "4th and 11" play in FG range...Rivers gets picked AND Tomlinson facemasks Rosie Colvin. Insult to injury.

There was a lot of crap like that in that game, and the McCree play was just the icing on the cake. That and Jammer getting beat deep by fucking Ricochet Caldwell on a 3rd down that would have probably also sealed the game.
                    NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post

It was Drayton "Head Butt" Florence who got the unsportsmanlike. It was also on 4th down (we stopped them) and the Pats ended up scoring.

In addition to Parker's muffed punt, he had a few (forgotten) drive-killing drops in the first half. It was by far his worst game as a Charger (and his last).

VJax also dropped a surefire 1st down catch that would have continued a drive. AND he didn't 'drag the toe' later in the end zone that would have been a TD.

Rivers missed Gates on an out pattern on the final drive that would have gotten Kaeding about 15-20 yards closer for the final FG try. He mentioned it in his postgame. Who knows?

The infamous "4th and 11" play in FG range...Rivers gets picked AND Tomlinson facemasks Rosie Colvin. Insult to injury.

There was a lot of crap like that in that game, and the McCree play was just the icing on the cake. That and Jammer getting beat deep by fucking Ricochet Caldwell on a 3rd down that would have probably also sealed the game.
                      Yes there were alot of players who screed up that day, but it was 4th and 11 from around mid field..... Marty should have called his defense over and reminded them that it was 4th and long and that all we had to do was bt the ball down...... players should know that but chargers have historically had some really stupid poorly coached players...... patriots never make mistakes like trying to pick off a ball on 4th and long....... that is football 101.........bat the ball down and game was over.....period.....simple decision to make, yet a talented but poorly coached poorly disciplined team made the blunder and many others......

Ive seen bellycheat call his defense over when they had a 2nd half 30 point lead but were getting sloppy tackling on a few plays losing focus.......... he reminded them to get focused and they shaped up and continued the onslaught...... they did not let the other team come back and get points, let alone win..... like chargers have historically done......

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

1. Less that 2 seasons? Brees was with the Chargers for 5 years and started 4. 1 out of the 4 was a very good season. 3 were well below average.
                        2. Chargers didn't give up the vision the injury was the nail in the coffin. If he had good season he may have started again who knows.
                        3. Eli and his family demanded the Chargers not draft him. Obviously they and the Giants had worked out that trade probably well before the draft.
                        4. The Chargers had to make a business decision to make. Keep an injured Brees with a torn labrum which is a tough injury for a QB to come back from. Or go with the young gun Rivers.

The old cliche: Hindsight is 20/20. Rivers isn't the reason we didn't win any championships. Marlon McCree is one reason alone. I believe we would have won the SB that year.

As for "clutch". I will partially agree. However, that catch to Tyree with Rodney all over him was complete luck. I've heard it's better to be lucky than good. That would sum up Eli's championships.
                        2008 19/34, 255 yards, 2 TD's, 1 int. QBR 87 very mediocre. 2012 30/40, 296 yards, 1 TD, QBR 103 Efficient.

Lastly, I would like to point out. Eli had a 2 year head start on PR. Still trails him in every major QB stat. Completions, Completion %, Total yards, TD's, Interceptions. Eli had the luxury of a better organization and would have zero championships as a Charger. Matter of fact the Chargers would have been a dumpster fire with him at QB. I think that was the perfect outcome for that draft. Rivers has been let down by so many in his 16 years with the Chargers. I feel bad for the guy. But he's rich AF so I don't feel too bad. :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I believe it was Drayton Florence with the head butt

Comment

Working...
                          X