Bridge QB

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Convenient rule for you too.
      when someone calls themselves a Chargers fan and makes a series of posts implying favoring an opponent (team or player), I’m going to question.
      and if I’m wrong, someone can call that out.

And i’m calling bullshit on that rule.
      how do you think Fleet was able to exercise out all the trolls after the relocation?
      Trolls posed as fans and felt they can spew any anti-charger crap on forums, bet were eventually kicked out because ultimately there was a judgement made on their devotion.
      now if you want me to build up a case and present it in some formal way, I simply don’t have time.
      foutsfan is a big boy and responded amicably.
      the only thing not inappropriate here is your public attempt to shame me into norm following.
      IMV, you are keeping it real.
      You are wearing "big boy pants,"
      as they say on TPB.
      Lone Bolt is sniffing Fouts Fan's jock.

:chuckle:
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Just like I said that rivers moving meant rivers was gone from here, people were saying no he’ll commute or live in LA or be in SD by himself. Too much of a family man to leave his family behind.

now on this Tyrod topic.. it’s all about schemes. If they invest in o-line, this will be the most loaded offense Tyrod has had. He had Greg Roman as OC in Buffalo. I think he’ll be fine with Lynn and Steichen. I don’t count Cleveland in his resume cuz that team was a total mess. Yes, it’s a low ceiling because he can’t carry this team, but I have faith that this team is talented enough to win just by not turning the ball over like Phil did. People are also underestimating how accurate his deep ball is. Oh and richpjr your argument is him being sacked twice the amount of Philip is invalid. Russell Wilson also gets sacked 40-50 times a season.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
          Just like I said that rivers moving meant rivers was gone from here, people were saying no he’ll commute or live in LA or be in SD by himself. Too much of a family man to leave his family behind.

now on this Tyrod topic.. it’s all about schemes. If they invest in o-line, this will be the most loaded offense Tyrod has had. He had Greg Roman as OC in Buffalo. I think he’ll be fine with Lynn and Steichen. I don’t count Cleveland in his resume cuz that team was a total mess. Yes, it’s a low ceiling because he can’t carry this team, but I have faith that this team is talented enough to win just by not turning the ball over like Phil did. People are also underestimating how accurate his deep ball is. Oh and richpjr your argument is him being sacked twice the amount of Philip is invalid. Russell Wilson also gets sacked 40-50 times a season.
          Agreed. I felt like I was in bizzaro world for a few days.
          like when your lady packs up and leaves town, then you decide to sit on the couch waiting for “an official goodbye”

I want to be clear that I’m a Tyrod fan and think he has potential as a starter. My only issue is handing him the job. I want to see him compete because I think that’s been missing here at that position for sometime. I think we went wrong by never threatening Rivers with at least a third round prospect or a FA NOT gina smith or cordelle.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Here's the secret sauce...

Stick's ready.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Stick's ready.
              that's such a secret that absolutely no one knows. from the coaches to the GM to the scouts to the owners to the players to Stick himself.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Stick's ready.
                The good news is that pro ready qbs don’t lose much value.
                they are tradable like no other position
                Remember when we had Rivers, Brees and Flutie on the roster?
                Cleo Lemmon was the HOFer that never was.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

A Bridge Too Far ?

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

I agree, most of us should have known that Rivers was gone(I knew after number 1 and definitely after number 2):

1. When they stopped negotiating with him before season....
                    2. When River gave that tearful passionate goodby speech after last game......
                    3. When he immediately moved family out of SD after finals game.....
                    4. When a sports insider let it slip that Chargers were officially done with Rivers......even though he denied saying it was official, the Chargers never denied the rumor.......

I agree that Tyrod can start at QB...... and he would win some games...... best case scenario...... 7-9 to 9-7.... no way we beat chiefs with Tyrod..... ;-)

The bad part of that is that cheap owners never think they need to make changes with a team that finishes around .500...........

and the worst part, is that if Chargers keep finishing around 7-9 ish...... we will never be drafting high enough to draft a real franchise QB....... IF one is available.... this year there are 2....

That is why we need to go balls out after either Burrow or Tua while we are close enough to have a shot....... many teams will be trying to acquire them....we likely need to trade up to #1 or #2.......

Rivers only gets sacked a fraction of how many times he should be sacked with our OL...... Rivers quick decision making and lightning quick release make the worst OL in history look like the 29th worst OL...... per season.....

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

A Bridge Too Far ?
                      Bridge over the River Kwai?
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

I think what TT is trying to do is similar to what the chiefs did. Except we’re starting out with a better roster with not as many holes. Draft a qb to sit for a year. Ride it out with Tyrod.

Signing rivers to even a 30-40m contract would hurt us. Let’s be honest, he’s not great anymore. Does he deserve the money because of what he’s done for the chargers organization? Yeah. But is he actually WORTH the money? Debatable. I rather use that money to re-sign Bosa, Ekeler, FA o-line, d-line while our future QB is sitting for a year. While the QB is still under his rookie contract, we’ll have a better, championship ready roster as long as TT doesn’t screw it up.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Rivers was gone before the 2019 season began. Plain to see, game after game.

Comment

Working...
                          X