Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Who knows what Carolina was asking for? And all the seats were gone once he finally got released. Carolina knew at the combine that they didn't have a trade partner, yet held on to him deep into FA. The pricks didn't even let him go once they signed Teddy B or PJ Walker.
    True...true....but if Cam could even approach his old form...if he could be what some folks on here would like him to be, for the Chargers...you would think a couple of other teams would make room on their rosters...Jags think Minshew is better than Cam? Rivera brings in Allen, not Cam? Belicheck, reportedly left holding the bag in NE, thinks Stidham will be better than Cam Newton? The Bears couldn't wait to hedge their Trubisky bet with Foles, when a little patience could have netted them Newton? Newton being eventually released was the leagues worst kept secret...nobody was gonna trade for him...and that is another clue right there...

Who knows...maybe the consensus is to sweat him out, wait til after the draft, get that price tag down...

But you are right....Panthers fucked him pretty good...I don't know that they did it spitefully, so much as selfishly and out of ignorance...they wanted pick(s), but it was pretty clear everyone knew they(Panthers) were gonna move on, and all they(interested teams) had to do was wait for the release...Panthers FO should have been quicker on the uptake, and let him go find a new job sooner, out of respect for what he did for the Panthers...say what you want about his eccentricity, he made the Panthers relevant.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Joeyxfresco View Post

That’s a bad take based off of a horrible narrative around Cam. Coming from a Panthers fan he’s probably the least selfish guy on the roster since he was drafted.
      So you are a Panthers fan, who is now a "Registered Charger Fan" per your avatar...am I reading that right? Do you know something we don't? Are you following Cam here...?

....Are you, in fact, Cam Newton!!??:shock::shock::shock:

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Nobody else is talking to the former MVP, just a few years removed...that adds up to something in my mind, to be sure...

Do we really want to be pursuing, when everyone else is eschewing?:shrug:
        Exactly! The football people who know him best dont want anything to do with him:

If cam were really a great QB and by great QB i mean a great, consistently accurate passer, then Carolina would keep him...... then the guy who drafted him in WASH would want him, or belly cheat would be jumping all over him to get him signed ........or. even Chargers, JAX, MIA, CIN, raiders, might want him....... but he was never great.....

Cam has never been a great passer, great runner yesss.... but never a great passer or decision maker....... he makes a great throw once in awhile but many throws dont hit the board side of the barn..... and leave your hear scratching.....

and he has always had a me-me attitude....... when he is losing he still does the individual super man act every time he scores, looking up into the crowd...... soaking in all the cheering and attention..... he's not hugging teammates ....its all about him.....

notice that most of the media want him to go to Chargers (because no one cares if Chargers suck...in fact most of national media would love to see chargers stay at bottom of the west) but no one is saying Cam should be a patriot???? ....why not??? ....can you imagine flamboyant, me-me Cam getting along with belly-cheat's strict team oriented rules?????

but like ive said before, Cam would love living in LA and hanging out with all the me-me glitzy hollywood types...... retire there and be happy...... dont want him on my team.....

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

So you are a Panthers fan, who is now a "Registered Charger Fan" per your avatar...am I reading that right? Do you know something we don't? Are you following Cam here...?

....Are you, in fact, Cam Newton!!??:shock::shock::shock:
          Whenever a new member signs up they get the stock avatar and "registered charger fan"

Joeyxfresco did not add those.

Welcome to the forum Joeyxfresco good to see a fan from another team giving us some perspective on a former player.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Whenever a new member signs up they get the stock avatar and "registered charger fan"

Joeyxfresco did not add those.

Welcome to the forum Joeyxfresco good to see a fan from another team giving us some perspective on a former player.
            My theory was way more fun....but thanks for the clarification!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I don't get alot of the Cam stuff in this thread. I did have a manufacturing site in SC - and my manager there didn't like Cam. I don't know about all this selfish or me-me stuff and the fashion related chatter is frankly absurd in any conversation about QB1 - wgaf what he wears.

he won alot of games in CAR. crappy QBs do not win alot of games. He's not John Unitas, but he's not Cardale Jones. Is he better than Tyrod? beats me - possibly. All this behavioral stuff from sources watching from afar is mostly garbage imo - someone nailed it noting PR's legendary trash talk bad behavior.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                I don't get alot of the Cam stuff in this thread. I did have a manufacturing site in SC - and my manager there didn't like Cam. I don't know about all this selfish or me-me stuff and the fashion related chatter is frankly absurd in any conversation about QB1 - wgaf what he wears.

he won alot of games in CAR. crappy QBs do not win alot of games. He's not John Unitas, but he's not Cardale Jones. Is he better than Tyrod? beats me - possibly. All this behavioral stuff from sources watching from afar is mostly garbage imo - someone nailed it noting PR's legendary trash talk bad behavior.
                Thats the biggest reason i dont want Cam. We are already paying Tyrod 7.5 mil this year and Cam has been beat up. Cam does have an ego and may not want to play for a lower amount anyways. Rather draft a QB and roll with Tyrod this year.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Telesco voted with his feet already, the money has left the building.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Cam can go to Montreal with AB & OBJ.

Comment

• ETicket
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

What do you mean? I watched the dude for the last 9 years. You won’t bother finding evidence because there isn’t any. This is the same guy who “selfishly” gave away footballs after EVERY single TD and who doesn’t want press at his smaller charity events because McNair taught him that good deeds don’t need to be rewarded. He never threw his teammates under the bus even when they lost games and he always found way to include his all teammates, practice squad, third stringers or starters, in anything that could make them better or make them money such as Under Amour events and other small stuff around Charlotte.
                      I'm going to stick with "agree to disagree". It's pointless to argue. It's not a fact-based argument, it's an opinion-based argument. There are people who "watched the dude for the last 9 years" and have come to the opposite conclusion as you.

I get that the personality stuff doesn't matter to some, but it does to me. And I can only speak for me, but I don't want -- insert video of Cam with a huge attitude sulking at the presser podium before abruptly walking out-- to be the face of this franchise.

But I will say this, If Cam comes to the Bolts I'm going to give him every benefit of the doubt and hope it works out. I don't hate him and acknowledge that my opinion of him could be off. After all, it's just an opinion, right?

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

What do you mean? I watched the dude for the last 9 years. You won’t bother finding evidence because there isn’t any. This is the same guy who “selfishly” gave away footballs after EVERY single TD and who doesn’t want press at his smaller charity events because McNair taught him that good deeds don’t need to be rewarded. He never threw his teammates under the bus even when they lost games and he always found way to include his all teammates, practice squad, third stringers or starters, in anything that could make them better or make them money such as Under Amour events and other small stuff around Charlotte.
                        Thanks for the perspective.
                        I'm 99% sure our posters here( me included!) don't have anywhere near the insight you , as a loyal fan, can provide.
                        If Cam's demands aren't that outrageous, and AL likes him, don't be surprised to see him in Carson ( COVID19 will eventually clear out SOFI building site soon) next fall.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Thanks for the perspective.
                          I'm 99% sure our posters here( me included!) don't have anywhere near the insight (& bias) you , as a loyal fan, can provide.
                          If Cam's demands aren't that outrageous, and AL likes him, don't be surprised to see him in Carson ( COVID19 will eventually clear out SOFI building site soon) next fall.
                          fixed it for ya.

P1. Block Destruction
                          P2. Shocking Effort
                          P3. Ball Disruption
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

Working...
                          X