Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats the biggest reason i dont want Cam. We are already paying Tyrod 7.5 mil this year and Cam has been beat up. Cam does have an ego and may not want to play for a lower amount anyways. Rather draft a QB and roll with Tyrod this year.
    So does Rivers, and pretty much every starting QB in the league. :shrug:

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

So does Rivers, and pretty much every starting QB in the league. :shrug:
      True but Rivers wasn't going to get offered a low ball contract. Cam will, which was my point on that.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

True but Rivers wasn't going to get offered a low ball contract. Cam will, which was my point on that.
        Cam missed 1 1/2 years...am I right? Did he get paid by Carolina? That might be some of the reason why others may not trust Cam in that he should have taken a discount for this year? Am I right wrong or partially right?
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Kingcrimson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

I wholeheartedly believe Rivers would have taken a discount to stay here. As low as 20m a year.

edit: read your comment wrong

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Cam missed 1 1/2 years...am I right? Did he get paid by Carolina? That might be some of the reason why others may not trust Cam in that he should have taken a discount for this year? Am I right wrong or partially right?
            Cam was under contract and he isn't the only one to decline taking less. I'm sure in his mind, he is thinking he got hurt playing the game for Carolina so why should he take less because he was hurt,....and played thru it.

I don't blame players for that. Now if they sucked like Benjamin, then sure. Cam had a bum shoulder and probably shouldn't have been out there while guys like Adderly said he wasn't 100% ready.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ETicket View Post

I'm going to stick with "agree to disagree". It's pointless to argue. It's not a fact-based argument, it's an opinion-based argument. There are people who "watched the dude for the last 9 years" and have come to the opposite conclusion as you.

I get that the personality stuff doesn't matter to some, but it does to me. And I can only speak for me, but I don't want -- insert video of Cam with a huge attitude sulking at the presser podium before abruptly walking out-- to be the face of this franchise.

But I will say this, If Cam comes to the Bolts I'm going to give him every benefit of the doubt and hope it works out. I don't hate him and acknowledge that my opinion of him could be off. After all, it's just an opinion, right?
              who (people?) watched that dude for the last 9 years and have come to the opposite conclusion? curious ...
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

I'm going to venture to say that he and his agents are well aware of his current value. Which is just yet another thing adding size to that monstrous chip on his shoulder.

I really struggle to see a problem with signing him to a 2 year deal where you can pull the cord after 1, that has a low base salary and has incentives basically set up to where, if he's hitting them, we're winning games. Even if you want to say that his floor is Tyrod, his ceiling is MVP worthy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Apparently the Chargers have let out that they aren't interested in signing Cam. Thats what the word is from Rapoport.... Or whoever Rich Eisen was talking to today. Think is was Rapoport.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I'm going to venture to say that he and his agents are well aware of his current value. Which is just yet another thing adding size to that monstrous chip on his shoulder.

I really struggle to see a problem with signing him to a 2 year deal where you can pull the cord after 1, that has a low base salary and has incentives basically set up to where, if he's hitting them, we're winning games. Even if you want to say that his floor is Tyrod, his ceiling is MVP worthy.
                    The only argument people honestly have is “He’ll ruin the locker room with his diva attitude.” Which I agree with but idk. His teammates seem to like him. Carolina fans seem to value him the way we value Phil. Besides, adversity only occurs when you’re losing. If we’re doing a lot of winning, there won’t be a need to do any finger pointing. Also emphasizing your point, his contract would have very little guaranteed. He’ll make most of it from incentives. Him meeting all the incentives from playing great this season is a nice problem to have.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                      Cam can go to Montreal with AB & OBJ.
                      Fucking yes.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                        Cam can go to Montreal with AB & OBJ.
                        It's the Grey Cup for the Alouettes !

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

I almost spit my drink up when he started up at the 1;30 mark. Let me know what you think!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X