• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

You say you are an intangibles guy and yet you dont see Tua, who has generational intangibles, decision making, accuracy, leadership, instincts, lightning quick release......as an "intangibles" guy???...
    I agree with you that the intangibles are way more important in a QB than physical attributes like a cannon arm and huge size...... the intangibles are what make Tua the top QB in this draft who is already great but will only get better over time..... the following video breakdown shows what a great QB Tua is and those elements are exactly what is missing from all the QB's in this draft (and most QB's in general) after Burrow and Tua:

This week’s film breakdown analyzes Miami Dolphins Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa from the University of Alabama. Tua possesses an advanced understanding of the ...

There are many videos that show clearly why Hebert is likely going to be a typical big strong bust...he is no where close to Burrow or Tua and there is no need to waste a draft pick on Hebert because 4 years of game film has shown clearly why he will be a bust:

This week’s film breakdown analyzes Los Angeles Chargers' Quarterback Justin Herbert from the University of Oregon. Herbert was taken 6th overall in the NFL ...

TT has already re built the OL with a pro bowl right side which will be protecting a left handed QB's blind side....

Until we add a great QB, we will be wasting the careers of all the other players on the team...... almost ever super bowl winner has been a HOF QB and all repeat winners or repeat SB osers have been HOF QB's......

Defense does not win championships.....Defense keeps you in the game, but it is elite, clutch QB play that wins championships........ in SB, usually both teams have good to great defenses, but the team whose QB plays best usually wins.....

Right before every draft, there are always media types who want to create interest by stupidly downgrading players who were best in country for years (like what happened to Bosa before in his draft)..... propping up QB's like Hebert who were never great in college..........

This year the media wants Chargers to get stuck with a bad QB like Tua or Love..... and they would love Tua to drop far enough that the illustrious patriots can trade up for him and continue that dynasty.....

TT did not do what media wanted and take Ramsey, instead he did the smart thing and took Bosa who was best player in country for 2 years....... I'm expecting/hoping that TT has had Tua as his number one player the past 2 seasons (very likely since TT likes consistent production from major programs).... and everything he has done since last season indicates he is setting this team up to be able to trade up for Tua if needed.......

Tua is a generational player which means that there is no guarantee that Wash will not take him at 2, or DET at 3, or Giants at 4....... or a long list of teams could be trying to trade up for those spots......

You can draft a lineman or LBer or RB in any round and coach them into being serviceable..... but that is not true for QB's..... a QB either has it or they do not......

it is also
    very possible there will not even be an NFL season this year so we may end up having 2 drafts to build players around a generational rookie QB like Tua before he plays a real game.....
    Tua and the historically bad Chargers online are not a good match.

Don't be surprised if Tua pulls an Eli and refuses to show for the Chargers and just goes back to school...

The word is out on the Chargers shitty online.

The millennials won't stand for it.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Tua and the historically bad Chargers online are not a good match.

Don't be surprised if Tua pulls an Eli and refuses to show for the Chargers and just goes back to school...

The word is out on the Chargers shitty online.

The millennials won't stand for it.
      Go watch Tyrod highlights with Bills. He had defenders in his face before he could pull down shotgun snap on a lot of plays. We’ll be ok. He’s not Fran Tarkenton but he can get out of the way. Even if we take Tua he needs to sit and rehab some more

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

so if we dont draft a QB this season who's coming out next season that is realistically gonna be there when we pick. I really dont think we'll win less with Tie-rod but not a ton more, either, so I think we'll be drafting in the low to mid teens. Lawrence, who some of you are clamoring about, definitely wont be around. who else is around early to mid teens next draft? sorry I dont follow college AT ALL so I dont know a college QB from a college bong.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
          so if we dont draft a QB this season who's coming out next season that is realistically gonna be there when we pick. I really dont think we'll win less with Tie-rod but not a ton more, either, so I think we'll be drafting in the low to mid teens. Lawrence, who some of you are clamoring about, definitely wont be around. who else is around early to mid teens next draft? sorry I dont follow college AT ALL so I dont know a college QB from a college bong.
          Agree. If we draft BPA this year and go with Taylor we'll likely be somewhere in the 7 to 9 win range, which has us picking in the middle of the first round next year. There will be just as big, if not bigger, questions picking a QB 10 or so spots later. If the team feels like Herbert or Tua or whoever is the guy, I'm all for getting them this year even if they sit for some or all of this year.

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

man herbert scares me...physically like "the one who's name shall not be mentioned" but probably without the headcase. but that headcase back then had all the physical tools. keep reading about herbert's inaccuracy issues and no-touch issues...the video summed it up as "all Nolan Ryan and no Tommy Maddux". on the flip keep reading how Tua would be the #1 overall if it werent for his injury concerns, of which there are many. But if we can get 8 years outa him I think it's a win...that's IF we can get 8 years outa him. we only need him to perform great for one year to win the SB and I'm good if he drops off after year 8. hell if he won it after year 1 or 2 and then fell off I'd STILL be all for it. SHOOT I just want a SB at the cost of a long-term QB. Look where our long-term HOF QB got us this last 15 years.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Agree. If we draft BPA this year and go with Taylor we'll likely be somewhere in the 7 to 9 win range, which has us picking in the middle of the first round next year. There will be just as big, if not bigger, questions picking a QB 10 or so spots later. If the team feels like Herbert or Tua or whoever is the guy, I'm all for getting them this year even if they sit for some or all of this year.
              We could just as easily be in the 2-4 win range. The D is going to play just as soft, the OL is a rearranged stink pile and I don’t see a big talent upgrade over last year.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

What if we draft Tua at #6 and then four O-linemen right after that consecutively. It's supposed to be a deep o-line draft so why not exploit it? Then I don't really care for the last two picks. WR's possibly. How about that strategy?

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

will Tua even last to #6 for us to keep the rest of the pix for Oline? Also, the oline is supposed to be upgraded, not a rearranged stink pile. we have a pro bowl caliber guard now on the right side and bulaga aint no turnstile if healthy. now if lamp can just stay on the damn field...

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

will Tua even last to #6 for us to keep the rest of the pix for Oline? Also, the oline is supposed to be upgraded, not a rearranged stink pile. we have a pro bowl caliber guard now on the right side and bulaga aint no turnstile if healthy. now if lamp can just stay on the damn field...
                    I think with Tua's injury history he just might slide to us. Can we really go wrong with four quality o-line prospects from round 2-5? It will probably take that many for Telesco to find one that's any good. ha

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

My crystal ball says Tua last till at least 7. Who below the Bolts is clamoring to get him? He's the guy that doesn't want to be in the green room this year.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

We could just as easily be in the 2-4 win range. The D is going to play just as soft, the OL is a rearranged stink pile and I don’t see a big talent upgrade over last year.
                        The D should be better. With Joseph in the middle, James back to full strength, adding Harris at CB, Adderly hopefully healthy and Tillery with an offseason where he can work out, we should be much better.

If we pass on a QB and draft a tackle, with a new right side and a high draft pick on the line at LT, the line should be much better. If we go with Pipkins and spend the draft pick on someone like Simmons, we are rearranging the talent infusion.

We won't be a serious playoff contender without a QB next year, but I don't think it's as bleak as you seem to.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

man herbert scares me...physically like "the one who's name shall not be mentioned" but probably without the headcase. but that headcase back then had all the physical tools. keep reading about herbert's inaccuracy issues and no-touch issues...the video summed it up as "all Nolan Ryan and no Tommy Maddux". on the flip keep reading how Tua would be the #1 overall if it werent for his injury concerns, of which there are many. But if we can get 8 years outa him I think it's a win...that's IF we can get 8 years outa him. we only need him to perform great for one year to win the SB and I'm good if he drops off after year 8. hell if he won it after year 1 or 2 and then fell off I'd STILL be all for it. SHOOT I just want a SB at the cost of a long-term QB. Look where our long-term HOF QB got us this last 15 years.
                          I can understand the concern about accuracy and all that, but come on - Herbert is NOTHING like Leaf. He's smart and hard working and the complete opposite of Leaf. If he doesn't make it in the league, it won't because because he was a lazy piece of garbage like Leaf was.

Comment

Working...
                          X