• Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        This does a really nice job of summarizing all the things I've heard and read about why he wasn't worth a first round pick.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck fan View Post
          Hello Charger fans! I am a long time Duck fan and now a brand new Charger fan....... I must say I am more than a little disappointed at most of the reaction with this fan base...... do your homework on Herbert!

three head coaches in four years, he had no receivers his junior year, 52 dropped passes recorded on stats by his receivers, he lost confidence in his receivers and he did hesitate with his passes. His receivers not only dropped passes they broke off routes, Ducks had three WR coaches in three straight years. His most dependable target got injured and was out for the season early his senior year. He did not trust his receivers for a good reason. The kid is big, he has deceptive speed, he has power and has a cannon. Will he be the next Fouts? Nope, he will be the next good QB if the Chargers can handle him right and not throw him to the wolves with no talent around him. This may be my only post..... not impressed with Charger fans here.....
          The sad thing is most of us have done our homework on Herbert. We are getting a big kid who runs well, can't read a defense, has a release you can clock with a sundial, a rocket arm and thinks a touch pass is when you tag it with two hands to signal it down. We have a RB for a head coach, Dougie Houser as our O coordinator, and I am not even sure we have a QB coach on staff. So this is the worst situation on both sides for this kid.

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

The heart hopes he’s the next coming of Peyton Manning, the brain knows he’s probably a lot closer to Andy dalton.
            Andy Dalton is insulted by this comparrison.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              I watched every interview I could find with him, and he never seemed introverted or shy or anything of the sort. The feel I got was a kid with confidence, without the ego that often comes along.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck fan View Post

a year on the bench is just what he needs, the NFL is a high speed game played by men. Most Ducks fans were hoping for the Chargers, it was a good fit after the cluster which is the coaching carousel that is Tennessee. We really like him with the Chargers, lots of Duck fans chanting “not Miami, not Miami, not Miami” lol. Justin will impressed if handled right
                I agree, just don't rush him. Give him time and some good coaching - maybe Dan would take him to Sisters and coach him up!
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

He may not work out... lots of players don't.

I remember people complaining when we drafted Rivers over Robert Gallery, because we passed on a left tackle for the next 10 years.
                  Gallery ended up a Guard.

Herbert has as good of a chance as anyone. I hope he succeeds. And I hope those who complained are proven wrong.

He really seems like an excellent young man. His goal when he got on the team in Oregon was to play mop up duty his Jr. and Sr. years.

He's a hard worker and very smart. And led a not very talented squad to a Rose Bowl championship.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Meh...I dont know what to think of this pick. Seen a little and heard a lot of not-so-impressiveness about him...particularly no touch, inaccuracy, no .... I hope I'm TOTALLY wrong and we finally get a QB who can toss it accurately 60 yards. Oh we dont have those type of WRs.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

lc3rq26fgou41.jpg

Comment

• nomad1946
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2017
                        • West Yellowstone, Montana
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I do want to state that I am not really down on Herbert, but I think there were better picks available to us. As with all draft picks we will have to wait for a couple of years to see if he was worth it.
                        I readily admit that I did not want any QB at #6, but he is who TT picked, I do hope he works out OK.

Comment

• JayShort21
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Ugh, I was so bummed to see Tu off the board. Herbert seems to need a lot of work, but I know Lynn is confident to start Tyrod for 2020. I hope Herbert can develop, I just don't see too many QBs who develop accuracy at the pro level.

I'm excited for his gun and running ability.

Ugh, good luck kid, but I feel like I got punched in the gut.

Comment

Working...
                          X