Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargers_22 View Post
    Horrible pick.. Horrible..

Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Marcus Mariota.. Herbert...
    Outch !

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Too bad Justin can't go 2 way at corner.......

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        Too bad Justin can't go 2 way at corner.......
        S ... imagine someone trying to lob a ball in over his head

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

Absolutely love JH10 but does it seem like he gets a lot of balls batted at the LOS? Especially for a 6'6" guy? I feel like there are at least a couple every game. Sorry if this has been discussed already but it just seems strange to me. He has an over the top motion which makes all the batted balls that much more mysterious. Seems like the defenses know it and put extra effort into it.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
            Absolutely love JH10 but does it seem like he gets a lot of balls batted at the LOS? Especially for a 6'6" guy? I feel like there are at least a couple every game. Sorry if this has been discussed already but it just seems strange to me. He has an over the top motion which makes all the batted balls that much more mysterious. Seems like the defenses know it and put extra effort into it.
            I think Herbert has his focus where it should be, on the receivers (or the location where they should be), but unfortunately his close in awareness isn't tuned to the DL's arms in the way. Tough coaching issue, I think.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Yeah maybe the batted balls means o line aint blockin good enough and defenders are closin in on him.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                Yeah maybe the batted balls means o line aint blockin good enough and defenders are closin in on him.
                Going from memory, it appears as if a lot of the batted passes are from the short drops when he is trying to get the ball out fast. With how compact our formations are, there will always be a lot of defenders in the throwing lanes.

Comment

• Rugger05
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Going from memory, it appears as if a lot of the batted passes are from the short drops when he is trying to get the ball out fast. With how compact our formations are, there will always be a lot of defenders in the throwing lanes.
                  I believe this is correct. I think the INT yesterday he almost threw the ball at a side arm angle.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

With yesterday's 236 yds, Herbert now has 4,058 yds on the season, through 14 games. He had 4336 yds in 15 games last season. He is the third QB to top 4,000 yds passing in a single season in franchise history. Fouts was the 1st and Rivers the 2nd. Bees never had a 4,000 yd season for the Chargers - he didn't accomplish that until he joined with Sean Payton in Nola.

Right now, before the rest of the week 14 games are played, Herbert is 2nd in passing yds, less than 100 yds behind Brady. His 32 TD passes are 2nd to Brady's 36. Only three QBs have topped 4k yds this season, the third being Mahomes, who is just a few yds behind Herbert. Mahomes also trails Herbert in TD passes, completion percentage and passer rating. Herbert's passer rating is 99.1.

Herbert is already 6th in franchise history in passing yds, with 8,394 yds. He has about 4,000 yds to go to catch Brees at No. 5. But Herbert's 63 career TD passes are only 17 behind Brees and 22 behind Humphries. But Herbert leads all his predecessors in yds per game, completion percentage, rating, TD percentage (except Hadl; they're tied at 5.5). His 1.9 INT percentage is significantly lower than anybody else's.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Only his second season. I actually fully expected a sophomore slump, and there have been moments in certain games where he has shown that, but not as a whole.

Dude is gonna get better and better. Need to remind ourselves of that.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        With yesterday's 236 yds, Herbert now has 4,058 yds on the season, through 14 games. He had 4336 yds in 15 games last season. He is the third QB to top 4,000 yds passing in a single season in franchise history. Fouts was the 1st and Rivers the 2nd. Bees never had a 4,000 yd season for the Chargers - he didn't accomplish that until he joined with Sean Payton in Nola.

Right now, before the rest of the week 14 games are played, Herbert is 2nd in passing yds, less than 100 yds behind Brady. His 32 TD passes are 2nd to Brady's 36. Only three QBs have topped 4k yds this season, the third being Mahomes, who is just a few yds behind Herbert. Mahomes also trails Herbert in TD passes, completion percentage and passer rating. Herbert's passer rating is 99.1.

Herbert is already 6th in franchise history in passing yds, with 8,394 yds. He has about 4,000 yds to go to catch Brees at No. 5. But Herbert's 63 career TD passes are only 17 behind Brees and 22 behind Humphries. But Herbert leads all his predecessors in yds per game, completion percentage, rating, TD percentage (except Hadl; they're tied at 5.5). His 1.9 INT percentage is significantly lower than anybody else's.
                        Don't get too excited Velo! Passing numbers are easier than ever to come by. Trying to compare this era's QB's with even those from 10 years ago is a fools errand.
                        JH should only be compared to his contemporaries, and even then, in only wins and losses.
                        Any schmuck can throw for lots of yards( the all time passing yardage list is littered with bad QB's) Ultimately, and rightly so, JH will be judged on winning.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X