• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think part of the season - they didn't want to expose him running the ball because of injury

If healthy - that should be out the window for the playoffs. His size and ability to run needs to be used like the Bills use Allen.
    A QB that can run can be extremely effective but there is always the fine line - Hurts and Jackson both got hurt running and now will miss playoff games or be limited because of it. I would not mind seeing a couple of runs just to make them think about it.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

do you all forget the Pittsburgh game where Herb ran wild?

He will run when needed if Herbs rib feel good. Avoiding hits is priority #1 imo and Chargers have done an outstanding job of it.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

If only Mahomes could deal with crap coaching Herbert has had to deal with. Mahomes is number 1 tho I got no problem with that. The thing that gets me irrated is the growing consenus that believes Herbert isnt close to Allen and Burrow. Its Eli and Big Ben all over again.
        I can deal with people saying Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow are better, even though I don't agree with Allen and Burrow being superior to Herbert. But when Shannon Sharpe says Jalen Hurts is better...that's just pure stupidity to me.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
          do you all forget the Pittsburgh game where Herb ran wild?

He will run when needed if Herbs rib feel good. Avoiding hits is priority #1 imo and Chargers have done an outstanding job of it.
          We are going to need Herbert to take off a few times tonight.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Good article on espn about JHerbert

He has always had the strength, but the third-year quarterback had to find another gear to help push a middling team to the playoffs for the first time in five years.

Comment

• Chargerville
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think part of the season - they didn't want to expose him running the ball because of injury

If healthy - that should be out the window for the playoffs. His size and ability to run needs to be used like the Bills use Allen.
              I completely agree. If healthy, incorporating his running/athleticism will make him a nightmare on third downs and in the red zone… and it will help keep drives alive.

Comment

• TTThunder
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Dear Herbert,

You did not play well today, but everyone has a bad day...

Take a rest, have your body healed, spend some time on vacation.

Don't stop trying to improve!

Go Herbert!!!

Comment

• Chargerville
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

I understand the rib injury, but the Giants in this playoff game (so far) is using Daniel Jones more like I’d like to see the Chargers use Herbert. We really need to showcase and take advantage of his athleticism more.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      He’s not as smart as I thought

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I'm going to say my piece and stick with it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. You can rub my face in it for eternity.

Sometime around 2010-2011 I saw the writing on the wall about Rivers - very good QB, but not one to prevent you from having losing seasons and certainly not one to propel you the stratosphere of the NFL.

Now football is a team sport and so much goes into winning and losing, but it ultimately comes down to QB play so much of the time.

I'm getting the same vibes from Herbert that I got from Rivers. And I'm already starting to see the same myriad of excuses (no OL, no weapons, bad coaching, etc).

I just get the feeling he's closer to a Dak Prescott or Jared Goff than Allen/Mahomes/Burrow. And I say this just as a fan who has been watching the NFL for 30 years not because this is some sort of amazing credential, but to say it's just one man's totally subjective take. And I've been both right and wrong about these things. But I just feel this in my football "Spidey senses," as silly as that sounds.

This is not to say we need to necessarily part ways with Herbert, because it's hard enough to find even an average QB in this league and he is certainly top 10-12 material. But I just don't see a killer, take the opposing team's soul, refuse-to-lose QB in him. And we need to be prepared to accept that.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          I'm going to say my piece and stick with it. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. You can rub my face in it for eternity.

Sometime around 2010-2011 I saw the writing on the wall about Rivers - very good QB, but not one to prevent you from having losing seasons and certainly not one to propel you the stratosphere of the NFL.

Now football is a team sport and so much goes into winning and losing, but it ultimately comes down to QB play so much of the time.

I'm getting the same vibes from Herbert that I got from Rivers. And I'm already starting to see the same myriad of excuses (no OL, no weapons, bad coaching, etc).

I just get the feeling he's closer to a Dak Prescott or Jared Goff than Allen/Mahomes/Burrow. And I say this just as a fan who has been watching the NFL for 30 years not because this is some sort of amazing credential, but to say it's just one man's totally subjective take. And I've been both right and wrong about these things. But I just feel this in my football "Spidey senses," as silly as that sounds.

This is not to say we need to necessarily part ways with Herbert, because it's hard enough to find even an average QB in this league and he is certainly top 10-12 material. But I just don't see a killer, take the opposing team's soul, refuse-to-lose QB in him. And we need to be prepared to accept that.
                          I disagree but I can appreciate this honest take.
                          time will tell.
                          I do see a young and motivated qb that is moldable and will be anything the OC/HC wants him to be.
                          I think Staley's defensive background wins out and prefers a conservative qb and that aligns with Lombo.
                          If we were to land any other offensive minded/killer type coach, he would rise to that level. Imho.
                          I wish we had a HC or OC that saw/loved Herbert the way Staley does James.
                          I want to build around the kid and hire a professional level DC to handle that side of the ball.

Tom Bady wasn't a "killer" for many years until he was.
                          I see a lot of similarities between the two. Passionate about football and studious. The biggest difference is that Herbert has been asked to carry the team his whole career whereas Brady wasn't until much later in his career.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X