• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    It’s too early in the morning for a cock fight.

I know rich coming from me but let’s just talk football.
    Agreed, but trolls gonna troll.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

It seems to me Herbert is very similar to Josh Allen, I guess you can look at it like the Bills did when they got him. We are getting that type of QB!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
        His problems aren't related to mechanics, coaching, or anything correctable. He plays too conscientious/scared and that slows down his processing and causes adrenaline to totally screw up everything about him, from his reads to his accuracy. He's really one of those guys that is too smart for his own good, and his personality type allows that to have a very large influence on how he plays.

HIS SUCCESS OR FAILURE WILL HAVE MORE TO DO WITH HIS PSYCHOLOGICAL STATE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

Get him pissed off and he will have moments where he can be a really good QB. It's all upstairs with him.

That will be the absolute key. Chargers need to do everything in their power to elevate his confidence, but confidence can really only be gained thru experience.
        Oh, my...hope that's not true...so, yer saying Herbie, when pressured, has meltdowns, goes into panic mode, and plays hero ball? No, no...this is sounding all too familiar, like, ahem, someone else I have commented on in the past...please say it ain't so...

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Oh my God! That's almost as bad as Tom Brady getting dissed by everyone in the draft and goes on to be a Hall of Famer! I would print this out and plastered on the inside of Herbert's Locker cabinet so he can see this every game! D- These are Fighting words sports writer. LOL!
          I'm not a big fan of the pick, but this guy is definitely a top half of the first round talent. i think this guy will be a solid, if not spectacular starting qb.
          At times, this guy can be deadly accurate; hopefully, he gets the shoulder mechanics corrected.

He's big, fast @ can put on moves running the football, Should help against tired Ds in the 4rth

He also seems likeable, which is no small matter

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
            It seems to me Herbert is very similar to Josh Allen, I guess you can look at it like the Bills did when they got him. We are getting that type of QB!
            I have seen him compared to both Josh Allen and Carson Wentz -- so pretty good comps

Just have to hope he learns, progresses and is a good solid NFL QB. If he is better than that - a bonus!

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Evidently someone who gets it. Herbert is a gamble based on measurables, if we hit then great but more likely than not we won’t. Here’s hoping!
              His floor is a solid NFL quarterback, Tua's floor is the IR.

I was one of the few who is not a huge Burrow fan.
              Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-24-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Herbert"s after combine pro day. Dude has a cannon for an arm.

Oregon quarterback, Justin Herbert's highlights from Oregon's Pro Day.Subscribe to NFL: http://j.mp/1L0bVBuCheck out our other channels:Para más contenido de...

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Oh, my...hope that's not true...so, yer saying Herbie, when pressured, has meltdowns, goes into panic mode, and plays hero ball? No, no...this is sounding all too familiar, like, ahem, someone else I have commented on in the past...please say it ain't so...
                  No not so much hero ball. You're more likely to see him tuck & run under pressure. He is totally opposite Rivers with regards to psychological makeup. Herbert just won't see the field. Like Alex Smith or Josh Allen or Trubisky. Those are all athletic 1 read QBs. They have all the physical tools but under pressure they just don't see the field, they feel phantom pressure, and adrenaline really affects their accuracy. Adrenaline does not really affect QBs like Rivers, Manning, Mahomes, Brady, etc. They're like psychopaths in that sense. You will see guys like Trubisky and Allen scramble out of the pocket and overthrow a wide open guy by 15 yards on a pass they would complete 100 out of 100 in practice. That sorta thing.

Basically I'd just assume you have Josh Allen at QB. Big arm, physical scrambler, inconsistent vision, inconsistent accuracy.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

For those who are Oregon fans or those who have looked at Herbert a lot, can you please comment on his accuracy down field, and anticipation? I don't pay as much attention to the Pac-12, so I haven't seen any of his games. His measurables and intelligence are great positives, but the only thing I know may be an issue is the most important factor to me is accuracy. If his receivers ran loose routes, that might be a mitigation.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

"Adrenaline does not really affect QBs like Rivers"
                      Yeah, ok sure buddy. I'm actually relieved that Herbert's demeanor is the opposite of Rivers.

Comment

• Scoregon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yeah, the opinions of the amateur psychologist you were responding to, don't match up with what I observed watching him every game for four seasons. There were certainly plays where he took a sack you wish he wouldn't have taken (like most any quarterback has), but the folding in the face of pressure/blitzing thing is either just made up or is completely ignoring his senior season. Here is a quote from a SI article:

Going inside the numbers, his 102.2 passer rating vs. the blitz was a 45-point improvement over his junior campaign. He was efficient against pressure, man and zone.

There is also a stat out there that his TD to INT ratio versus blitz as a senior was 11-0. Anyway, not here to claim he doesn't have work to do, but that post you were responding to didn't match up with what I've observed.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Scoregon View Post

Yeah, the opinions of the amateur psychologist you were responding to, don't match up with what I observed watching him every game for four seasons. There were certainly plays where he took a sack you wish he wouldn't have taken (like most any quarterback has), but the folding in the face of pressure/blitzing thing is either just made up or is completely ignoring his senior season. Here is a quote from a SI article:

Going inside the numbers, his 102.2 passer rating vs. the blitz was a 45-point improvement over his junior campaign. He was efficient against pressure, man and zone.

There is also a stat out there that his TD to INT ratio versus blitz as a senior was 11-0. Anyway, not here to claim he doesn't have work to do, but that post you were responding to didn't match up with what I've observed.
                          Just watch the tape here buddy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA5g4v9hjMQ

It's all in there. He misses throws because he doesn't see guys. He overthrows guys wide open by 10 yards because he gets too amped up.

Rivers makes mistakes for entirely different reasons. He literally doesn't care if he makes a mistake. Guys like Trubisky and Alex Smith make mistakes because they're trying so hard not to make mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                          X