• Show
Clear All
  • pigskin
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Southern Oregon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

He started the Fishing Club at Sheldon High School...
    Bass or Trout? Yes it makes a difference!

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Comment

• Bolts27
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Burlington Ontario Canada
        • Self-Employed
        • Send PM

WAAAHOOOOO!! HERBERT @ 6!!!

Ok.. a little overstated. I've been on the the Herbie goes to Hollywood (Yes I'm old for the reference) ride for 4-5 months since it became pretty damn clear Rivers and the team were parting ways... sigh. I said in an earlier post that I personally would've loved this to be a full sit year for him with Rivers mentoring, but that ship has sailed. That being said, I think the kid has all the skills to be a monster QB in this league and I think he's got more than enough smarts to learn what is necessary. The leadership and maturity doubts have been all but proven a non-factor by both his teammates and coaches. His detractors with concerns for downfield accuracy and pocket pressure concerns may have some validity, but the kid played with far less around him than either Tua or Burrows. Every QB has a learning curve making the step up to this level... I think he's going to surprise all of the grumbling, but awesome, Charger fans with Tua Tears in their eyes.. This Canadian kid is over the moon with the selection..

:2cents: Go Bolts.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Put him in the navy Fleet. I want to see the darkside.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

94636178_2615118645433944_6318755970687003656_n.jpg

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

There’s the young Vader!

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                I mean Ive watched him play college ball and there are tons of holes. It was a reach, he’s probably the 5-6th best QBs in this draft.
                LOL no way in hell you watched him play then say he's the 5th or 6th best QB in this draft.

Comment

• TTThunder
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                  Most important position on the team. Might not draft this low for a while.
                  Instead of WR.M.Williams, we should have picked QB that year (Watson? Or Mahomme?)...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Things I'm hoping for with Justin Herbert...

1. I'm hoping his introvert ways don't mean he's also very sensitive - or reactionary would be a much better word for it - so he tends to shy away from people. We've seen what one strong-armed reactionary QB will do and no one wants to see that again. I tend not to think that is the case with Herbert though mainly because he's a 4.0 student. You can't be very reactionary and maintain a 4.0 GPA. At least not Ryan Leaf type reactionary. I suppose I just answered my own question. Relief! ha

2. I'm hoping his teammates support Justin Herbert in all of his introversion ways! As an introvert myself all I've ever wanted at his age especially is to be respected and appreciated for my thoughts and sensitivity. But that doesn't happen as much as it does for our extroverted counter-parts. It seems extroverts are receiving pats on the back all the time. And I hope you all know that introversion was once seen as a mental illness by the psychiatric community. That legacy lives on...however subconsciously. Why did I bring this up? Well, I read this evening in one of the Oregon University fans post's that a Coach associated with Herbert tried to "make" him be more social by some old idiotic ideas of embarrassing him - or forcing it. That is WRONG!!!! That's not how you help. Fucking idiot Coach. You change someone by accepting that person as they are, really take time to know them, and show true appreciation for them from a genuine point of interest. That gives an introvert confidence that he belongs in this mostly extroverted-rewarded society.

3. Right now Herbert looks unsure throwing the ball. At least he was at the NFL Combine. Of course one might attribute that to nerves. Especially for an introvert. Nevertheless he was aiming the ball on his shorter passes and throwing darts on his long passes. You might ask why these two things are problematic. If you're aiming the ball then you aren't coming from confidence. And if you're not playing with confidence you're going to be easy to read by the defenses he goes up against because you're not able to look off a WR. Also aiming means your taking too long to release the ball. You can't be leaning forward with your release all the time. Defenses will take advantage of that. Result is lots of pressures and sacks and int's. This is something that I don't know if he can overcome at the next level because it is going to require a radical rethinking of what Herbert sees as what makes him valued by those around him. I believe Herbert is stuck in showing off his arm because that's how he gets positive strokes from the world outside. And as an introvert if it works why change things? Well, by trying to be perfect (actually IMO he's still unconsciously trying to fit in and gain approval as it's worked for him over many years probably ) he's holding onto the ball too long. I already pointed out why aiming is a bad idea in the NFL. When Herbert is given a deeper pass route he doesn't just trust his WR by throwing a pass with sufficient arc to it - so the WR can flag it down. Nope, He once again shows off his arm and zings the ball when the WR is practically in the endzone. That doesn't sound too bad except that when you're holding onto the ball so long because you think you can hit your WR deep with a last-second flip of the wrist you will get hit a lot. At least this is my theory. And I hope I'm over-complicating or over-dramatizing these issues.
                    Last edited by Hadl2Alworth; 04-24-2020, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• chris9341
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck fan View Post
                      Hello Charger fans! I am a long time Duck fan and now a brand new Charger fan....... I must say I am more than a little disappointed at most of the reaction with this fan base...... do your homework on Herbert!

Forgive them for they know not what they say.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                        Well, I read this evening in one of the Oregon University fans post's that a Coach associated with Herbert tried to "make" him be more social by some old idiotic ideas of embarrassing him - or forcing it. That is WRONG!!!! That's not how you help. Fucking idiot Coach. You change someone by accepting that person as they are, really take time to know them, and show true appreciation for them from a genuine point of interest. That gives an introvert confidence that he belongs in this mostly extroverted-rewarded society.
                        yeah heard about that method by his coach. I thought that to be an idiotic way of trying to make someone more outspoken or loudly extroverted/leading.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                          Things I'm hoping for with Justin Herbert...

1. I'm hoping his introvert ways don't mean he's also very sensitive - or reactionary would be a much better word for it - so he tends to shy away from people. We've seen what one strong-armed reactionary QB will do and no one wants to see that again. I tend not to think that is the case with Herbert though mainly because he's a 4.0 student. You can't be very reactionary and maintain a 4.0 GPA. At least not Ryan Leaf type reactionary. I suppose I just answered my own question. Relief! ha

2. I'm hoping his teammates support Justin Herbert in all of his introversion ways! As an introvert myself all I've ever wanted at his age especially is to be respected and appreciated for my thoughts and sensitivity. But that doesn't happen as much as it does for our extroverted counter-parts. It seems extroverts are receiving pats on the back all the time. And I hope you all know that introversion was once seen as a mental illness by the psychiatric community. That legacy lives on...however subconsciously. Why did I bring this up? Well, I read this evening in one of the Oregon University fans post's that a Coach associated with Herbert tried to "make" him be more social by some old idiotic ideas of embarrassing him - or forcing it. That is WRONG!!!! That's not how you help. Fucking idiot Coach. You change someone by accepting that person as they are, really take time to know them, and show true appreciation for them from a genuine point of interest. That gives an introvert confidence that he belongs in this mostly extroverted-rewarded society.
                          He's got a better supporting cast here already here so we did get the best QB in the draft already!

:stirringshit:

Compared to Joe Flacco he's an extrovert so I'm not worried there! LOL! :rimshot:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X