Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Imagine Cook, Parham, McKitty, KA and Mike Will ALL in there at once...who you gonna cover?
    That is a very interesting personnel grouping.
    3 TE that are all receiving weapons. Does the D play base or .05? Lots of potential mismatches.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

That is a very interesting personnel grouping.
      3 TE that are all receiving weapons. Does the D play base or .05? Lots of potential mismatches.
      I doubt we will ever see that personnel grouping in real life. No RB deletes half the playbook, that doesn’t sound like Staley to me.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I doubt we will ever see that personnel grouping in real life. No RB deletes half the playbook, that doesn’t sound like Staley to me.
        Sounds like a pretty realistic goal line package. Tall weapons for outside/corners, but still have the ability to run or flip a quick slant to Keenan.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Coach Staley’s favorite 2-minute package/alignment equals Shotgun and Empty.
          We could still run jetsweep action, QB run/draw, and the screen game options are endless.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Sounds like a pretty realistic goal line package. Tall weapons for outside/corners, but still have the ability to run or flip a quick slant to Keenan.
            No RB in the backfield on the goal line? Ability to run a pitch to KA? Uh - i guess anything is possible. Seems a RB to go play action to would freeze their front seven momentarily, 4 receivers in the end zone will be crowded enough.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

No RB in the backfield on the goal line? Ability to run a pitch to KA? Uh - i guess anything is possible. Seems a RB to go play action to would freeze their front seven momentarily, 4 receivers in the end zone will be crowded enough.
              Hello McKitty shifts to FB.
              QB draw!
              ”I was in!!” 2.0

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Coach Staley’s favorite 2-minute package/alignment equals Shotgun and Empty.
                We could still run jetsweep action, QB run/draw, and the screen game options are endless.
                We could even line up McKitty in the backfield and either hand him the rock, or send him to either side as an extra blocker on that jet sweep...Slayer and Mike Will wide, Cook and Parham at bookend TE's, McKitty at ace back...call it the McKitty Meow Mix formation...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We could even line up McKitty in the backfield and either hand him the rock, or send him to either side as an extra blocker on that jet sweep...Slayer and Mike Will wide, Cook and Parham at bookend TE's, McKitty at ace back...call it the McKitty Meow Mix formation...
                  If Staley’s defensive philosophy of disguising pre-snap reads extends to offensive (which I’m sure it will), we’ll be doing a ton of pre-snap motions.

Hopefully not motioning Herbetron to WR too much, though.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

BTW, Herbert is basically the Megatron of the QB position.

“His forearms and hands look like he has been digging fence-post holes his entire life.” -Drew Brees

That’s why I endorse the moniker: Herbatron

I hope it sticks.

62390956-7145-45B4-9E74-AFB1D1198E0E.jpeg

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                      BTW, Herbert is basically the Megatron of the QB position.

“His forearms and hands look like he has been digging fence-post holes his entire life.” -Drew Brees

That’s why I endorse the moniker: Herbatron

I hope it sticks.
                      Not bad, Dude...I have added it to the Bolt Nickname Thread...

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

I may be in the minority on this, because of the risk of injury it poses, but I would like to see Herbert run more in 2021, be more like Josh Allen in that regard. In three seasons, Allen has racked up 1,562 yds on the ground and scored 25 TDs. (That's six more scores than Lamar Jackson over the same time period.) When we drafted Herbert, I looked at his Rose Bowl tape and thought we where getting a running QB who would do more with his legs at first than with his arm. His prowess as a passer was not evident in the Rose Bowl at all. (I attribute that to the Ducks' lack of receiving talent.)

Per Pro Football Reference...

Allen is 6-5 237
                        Herbert is 6-6 236

Allen's 2018 Combine 40 time was 4.76
                        Herbert's 2020 Combine time was 4.69

Allen has average exactly 100 rushes per season (300 total) for a 5.2 avg
                        Herbert rushed 55 times as a rookie for a 4.3 avg

But Allen's propensity to run I attribute to his lack of maturity as a passer earlier in his career, especially as a rookie. Allen was nowhere near Herbert's ability as a passer as a rookie. Allen's rush avg in his 2nd and 3rd seasons is 4.4, almost the same as Herbert. In 2020 Allen's ypc was 4.1.

Allen rushed 102 times for 421 yds in 2020, with 8 scores. Herbert rushed 55 times for 234 yds, with 5 scores.

I'd like to see Herbert increase his rushing attempts/yardage by 50 percent, at least, in 2021. Based on 2020, that would be 83 rushes, 350 yds, 8 TDs. I'd really like to see him run for 500 yds a season and score 10+ times on the ground.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Good digging Velo. I kind of agree but I seem to recall that he missed some games (I think it was in his Soph. year) because he got hurt running the ball. I have kind of mixed emotions about the idea. He can run alright but I'm not sure it's smart, if he goes down we won't have nearly as good an offense.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X