& ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Simms was spot on with Lamar Jackson
    it’s really exciting to have a qb upside
    we need to hire Simms as our qb coach
    although he probably makes more money doing these videos
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=phil+simms+justin+herbert&docid=608037965 733497397&mid=E509FC4A8C9E974B91B6E509FC4A8C9E974B 91B6&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how many of those were "too hot to handle ?"
      Brett Favre broke a lot of fingers. Get better receivers. Hits your hand, catch the fucking ball.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
        It's fair to be skeptical of any pick...ever. QB, even moreso.

I am going to watch film after the fact, as I am bored.

I watched one and a half Oregon games this year and am very skeptical of Herbert's ability as a pro QB.
        I think its important to watch how he played in the ROSE BOWL, and his progression since then, MVP at the senior bowl, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Certainly less time consuming than being an NFL coach.
          Less lucrative as well

Comment

• Duck fan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how many of those were "too hot to handle ?"
            I watched every game he played as a Duck all four years, not many were too hot...... he simply did not have Bama quality receivers, the Ducks may have one TE that will play or watch from the sidelines on Sunday, no current receivers.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

Less lucrative as well
              Doubtful. I haven’t looked up what the average QB coach makes but doubt it more than $1-$2 million. Broadcasters can make significantly more.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

so can we talk a out ideal offense we should run to taylor to JHs strengths? Which kind of receivers should we be looking at in lower rounds?
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  so can we talk a out ideal offense we should run to taylor to JHs strengths? Which kind of receivers should we be looking at in lower rounds?
                  We are going to run a version of the Shannahan system, motion, zone stretch runs, inside traps, play action, challenging the D vertically in the seems/outside the #s, lots of screens, TE/WRS slot as weapons, RPOs, designed QB runs/bootlegs, and running the ball 35+ times a game.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Scoregon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

One thing that probably isn't common knowledge among most folks here is that Hebert never did the camp circuit or had extra quarterback coaching. I think is worth mentioning in this day and age of private qb coaches working with kids in high school or even sooner, that the pre-draft process is the first time Justin has ever worked with a quarterback coach other than those on his teams. So some of the excellent throwing sessions at the senior bowl, combine, and pro day, may represent some real improvement and not just him being well suited to those environments (still likely part of it). I think particularly when it comes to footwork, he seems to have made some genuine improvement.

Comment

• BoltzHomer
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

After 18 hrs. to digest, I'm happy with the Herbert pick. He just needs time, which I'm assuming they'll give him this upcoming season, and a good QB coach to fine tune a few mechanical things he does. It's nice to have a guy that can see over the line, can gun it, and can get out of the pocket and keep a play alive or pressure the D with scrambling ability. Been a long time coming!

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                        His problems aren't related to mechanics, coaching, or anything correctable. He plays too conscientious/scared and that slows down his processing and causes adrenaline to totally screw up everything about him, from his reads to his accuracy. He's really one of those guys that is too smart for his own good, and his personality type allows that to have a very large influence on how he plays.

HIS SUCCESS OR FAILURE WILL HAVE MORE TO DO WITH HIS PSYCHOLOGICAL STATE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

Get him pissed off and he will have moments where he can be a really good QB. It's all upstairs with him.

That will be the absolute key. Chargers need to do everything in their power to elevate his confidence, but confidence can really only be gained thru experience.
                        little bit woo woo, and.... what would help is this.... https://thekelee.org/kelee-meditation/

this guy is in North County and has had his practice adopted in the curriculum of the UCSD Medical School.... he's for real, and there is nothing better at returning to emo equilibrium.

and pissed off is no way to run an NFL offense.... 'specially in the long-term.

ps. thank you to all the Ducks here on southern migration to enlighten us Calimotos on Justin.... much appreciated,
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Scoregon View Post
                          One thing that probably isn't common knowledge among most folks here is that Hebert never did the camp circuit or had extra quarterback coaching. I think is worth mentioning in this day and age of private qb coaches working with kids in high school or even sooner, that the pre-draft process is the first time Justin has ever worked with a quarterback coach other than those on his teams. So some of the excellent throwing sessions at the senior bowl, combine, and pro day, may represent some real improvement and not just him being well suited to those environments (still likely part of it). I think particularly when it comes to footwork, he seems to have made some genuine improvement.
                          You football acumen, in general, and specifics with Herbert are outstanding. I appreciate insights.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X