• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
    i just read that they extended stick to be herbert's backup?
    Sorry - just saw this. Is this for real?? Or just a reallly bad joke?

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Sorry - just saw this. Is this for real?? Or just a reallly bad joke?
      Maybe they think Moore can do more with a Stick! I hope they have a gameplan where they can at least have sets of plays Stick can run comfortably. I do not want a repeat of last year.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Maybe they think Moore can do more with a Stick! I hope they have a gameplan where they can at least have sets of plays Stick can run comfortably. I do not want a repeat of last year.
        Are you catching Topcat's disease??? Be careful - it appears to be highly contagious and (very) hard to get rid of . . . . .

Bring in a real backup QB, Stick to PS / emergency QB, although I'd really rather bring in an undrafted guy with some kind of upside (big arm, good runner, etc - than keep Stick). I'm assuming that Daniels is long gone??? Both Stick and Daniels have been literally stealing money for the past 2 or 3 years.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Are you catching Topcat's disease??? Be careful - it appears to be highly contagious and (very) hard to get rid of . . . . .

Bring in a real backup QB, Stick to PS / emergency QB, although I'd really rather bring in an undrafted guy with some kind of upside (big arm, good runner, etc - than keep Stick). I'm assuming that Daniels is long gone??? Both Stick and Daniels have been literally stealing money for the past 2 or 3 years.
          For me the backup QB position has been weird for almost all of Telescos administration. He got lucky with a Healthy Rivers and Herbert until last season. Chargering anyone? 49ers went thru 3 QBs last season. Roll them dice Telesco....

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I totally thought they were gonna revamp all the backup QBs this offseason...didnt think anyone would come back since none of them actually worked under KM's offense b4 and would make a rush for Rush. Stick hasnt shown much of anything other than being able to scoot a bit. I used to have hopes for him but after all these years and not being able to supplant Daniels is an indictment possibly?

In any case I heard the 9ers asked jimmy g to suit up prior to the game but he declined and then they got into that nasty pickle in the POs with no viable QB after injuries. if that is true that sux on his part. I'm guessing he thought his glassy ass might break if he took the field and then screw up his chances to reunite with mcdaniels. raiders are screwed if they dont get a decent backup QB cuz jimmy is like a verrett.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I totally thought they were gonna revamp all the backup QBs this offseason...didnt think anyone would come back since none of them actually worked under KM's offense b4 and would make a rush for Rush. Stick hasnt shown much of anything other than being able to scoot a bit. I used to have hopes for him but after all these years and not being able to supplant Daniels is an indictment possibly?

In any case I heard the 9ers asked jimmy g to suit up prior to the game but he declined and then they got into that nasty pickle in the POs with no viable QB after injuries. if that is true that sux on his part. I'm guessing he thought his glassy ass might break if he took the field and then screw up his chances to reunite with mcdaniels. raiders are screwed if they dont get a decent backup QB cuz jimmy is like a verrett.
              Scratching my head on the whole Stick thing. Maybe Moore sees something that with different coaching he can turn him into a decent backup.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Scratching my head on the whole Stick thing. Maybe Moore sees something that with different coaching he can turn him into a decent backup.
                I hope they bring in.a couple more QBs, if not Rush, another vet and one other late pick or UDFA..

Stick signed cheap and can be cut.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

I think Lombardi was just that bad in setting things up..."Overwhelmed"

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Before saying anything, I want to see that guy on the field more.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Jimmy does get injured a lot but when on the field his regular season winning percentage is pretty good.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

agree..... never shown anything..... even i pre season, though pre season with Chargers is unfair to QB's, since last several years,our styarters never play and our backup QB's pretty much just hand of and dump off to backup RB's.....

I miss coryell who would always start his starters for at least one series, then if they were mistake free and scored a TD, then they could rest so they were prepared to start the season.....then the backup QB would comew in and light it up with the same aggressive high scoring offense we ran in regular season, so those backup players were ready to actually play if needed..... in contrast witrh recent teams who struggled to start every season, even against bad teams.... and when we have injuries, no one is ready to play....

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Jimmy does get injured a lot but when on the field his regular season winning percentage is pretty good.
                          yeah but he's also been on a pretty darn good 9er team that a 3rd string QB was winning with. I had heard he injured his hand signing the raider contract.

Comment

Working...
                          X