• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Lambo...not to be confused with lombo. That sure got under a lot of fans' skins.
    All guys ending in mbo gots ta go!
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Lambo...not to be confused with lombo. That sure got under a lot of fans' skins.
      there was a guy on the old chargers forum who basically stopped caring when that happened. His take was these guys are all millionaire/mercenaries who don't have the same allegiance to the team and don't care as much about winning and losing as he did so eff it.

Brady was known for walking straight to the lockerroom after a defeat without the typical handshakes. He was pissed when he lost.

I think it was different back in the 80's. The Lakers/Celtics for instance were bitter rivals. Magic and Bird didn't become friendly until their playing careers ended.

Comment

• Retired Football Fan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Do you know why Brady went into the locker room without shaking hands with the winning qb?

He was a spoiled brat. NFL officials intervened frequently to change the outcome of games for the Patriots. We all saw it. He developed a sense of entitlement.If the referees didn't help him win, he felt betrayed. So he got pissed and stormed off the field after a losing game. Like a little kid who didn't get exactly what he wanted.

The way that the officials did it was to invent penalties. If the Patriots needed an extra set of downs on a crucial drive--- especially in the playoffs--- they got it. The officials would find a holding penalty against the other team where there wasn't one. Or perhaps a roughing the passer penalty where no one else saw one. This kind of favoritism was much of the reason for Brady's and the Patriot's success.

​​​​​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

good sportsmanship should be applauded, not attacked with unfounded criticism. congratulating an opponent is not a sign of anything more than that you're not a complete dickhead.

no need to be giddy about it though

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            good sportsmanship should be applauded, not attacked with unfounded criticism. congratulating an opponent is not a sign of anything more than that you're not a complete dickhead.

no need to be giddy about it though
            We seem to be aligned on a lot of things lately dmac - completely agree.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We seem to be aligned on a lot of things lately dmac - completely agree.
              Huddle Up Go Team GIF by MANGOTEETH

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Tuesday morning I fell down in our bathroom. My wife has a cute wrought iron rack (like a bookcase) in there that she keeps extra towels in. Somehow, as I fell, I ended up with that darn thing under me and I was hurting a bunch. I thought I had broken a rib or two but it turned out I had the same problem our QB had last year.

So now, a few days later, everything I do causes me pain. I can't even simply reach for something without it hurting. I can't even imagine how JH could play with this. I know there's a really big age difference but I still think JH must be a tough young man to play with this condition. I don't think we gave him enough credit for playing last year.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Tuesday morning I fell down in our bathroom. My wife has a cute wrought iron rack (like a bookcase) in there that she keeps extra towels in. Somehow, as I fell, I ended up with that darn thing under me and I was hurting a bunch. I thought I had broken a rib or two but it turned out I had the same problem our QB had last year.

So now, a few days later, everything I do causes me pain. I can't even simply reach for something without it hurting. I can't even imagine how JH could play with this. I know there's a really big age difference but I still think JH must be a tough young man to play with this condition. I don't think we gave him enough credit for playing last year.
                  Youth is wasted on the young.

Glad it was not as bad as it could have been for you. Keeping you in my prayers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Totally agree. Herbert was a warrior being out there with that injury and it amazes me fans here and pundits never mention that when dropping him in the QB rankings and saying he regressed talking about his stats lol.

No doubt the desk job guys wouldn't show up for work for a week with that injury.

Hope you recover quickly Roo. Sucks being in pain.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Totally agree. Herbert was a warrior being out there with that injury and it amazes me fans here and pundits never mention that when dropping him in the QB rankings and saying he regressed talking about his stats lol.

No doubt the desk job guys wouldn't show up for work for a week with that injury.

Hope you recover quickly Roo. Sucks being in pain.
                      Agree as well. I saw or read interviews (after JH was hurt) with some retired NFL QB's about this type of injury. I remember 2 of the retired guys were Rivers and Troy Aikman. They both said essentially the same thing; It's going to hurt like hell (all the time), and it won't get better during the season . . . . . . It was definitely affecting him all year last year.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Hope you're doing ok and on the mend!
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Hope you're doing ok and on the mend!
                          I'll be fine. I just need time to heal now. Happily, I don't have to play QB. I spend most of my day just sitting in my recliner in the man-cave. But, as I sit here hurting from just reaching over to the table to pick up my glass, I can't imagine how Herbert could play with this.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X