• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Joe Reedy at the last Herbert presser:

"Justin, I hate the Chargers. Are you going to do a hold in because you are not getting contract you deserve? By the way the Bengals are my favorite team and they are handling Burrow's contract a lot better....... Don't ask how, they just are. So you are not going to hold in, you say? Why not?........ Aren't you concerned that the Chargers have not resigned you yet, like the Bengals hope to do with Joe Burrow?...... What's that?...... You feel the quarterback's job is to help his team learn a new offense in training camp? So let me get this straight, you are saying that you ARE going to hold in. I will put that down as a yes in my article. Go Bengals!"

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

How's the tag work?
      Does that mean no other team can offer him a deal if we "tag" him?
      Can JH refuse the tag?
      I realise no team can offer more time/money but does that preclude them from making an offer at all, again, if he's tagged?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        How's the tag work?
        Does that mean no other team can offer him a deal if we "tag" him?
        Can JH refuse the tag?
        I realise no team can offer more time/money but does that preclude them from making an offer at all, again, if he's tagged?
        There are different tags a team can choose from, all are 1 year in duration:

1. Exclusive = player cannot negotiate with any other team. Team pays Avg of Top 5 salaries of CURRENT YEAR or 120% of prior salary, whichever is more. Teams choose this when they are certain they are not letting him leave = aka Herbie.
        2. Non-Exclusive = player can negotiate with other teams. Team plays Avg Top 5 of prior 5 years, or 120% - so it cost less than 1. Team can match any offer he gets from other team. If they let him go, other signing team has to give owning team 2 first round picks. This is most common for players that Teams wouldn’t mind getting first round picks for.
        3. Transition tag = similar to non-exclusive but even cheaper. However, if team doesnt match the other team’s offer, player can leave and team gets picks from signing team. Almost never used

Chargers won’t let Herbie leave, he’ll get an Exclusive Tag, sign a long term deal, and be here for a loooong time.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I'll take 42 TDs over more yards anytime of the day.
          Same here, but I'd easily take what Herbert has shown his first 3 years over Allen's first 3. And I'll take Herbert's next 2 over Allen's last 2 years and I'll take Herbert for the next decade over Allen.

and like most sensible NFL fans, I absolutely LOVE Allen's game.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Joe Reedy at the last Herbert presser:

"Justin, I hate the Chargers. Are you going to do a hold in because you are not getting contract you deserve? By the way the Bengals are my favorite team and they are handling Burrow's contract a lot better....... Don't ask how, they just are. So you are not going to hold in, you say? Why not?........ Aren't you concerned that the Chargers have not resigned you yet, like the Bengals hope to do with Joe Burrow?...... What's that?...... You feel the quarterback's job is to help his team learn a new offense in training camp? So let me get this straight, you are saying that you ARE going to hold in. I will put that down as a yes in my article. Go Bengals!"

TG
            Wow, he is putting a lot of words in his mouth.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Same here, but I'd easily take what Herbert has shown his first 3 years over Allen's first 3. And I'll take Herbert's next 2 over Allen's last 2 years and I'll take Herbert for the next decade over Allen.

and like most sensible NFL fans, I absolutely LOVE Allen's game.
              Exactly. Taking Herbie is not saying Allen isn’t great. It’s just recognizing how greater great Herbie will be. A team would do well with either.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I'll take 42 TDs over more yards anytime of the day.
                Allen faded a little bit down the stretch last season. He was careless with turnovers, and then he failed in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how he does this season. I have no issue with anyone saying Allen is better than Herbert, but I don't agree. I rank Herbert and Burrow over Allen.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Herbert > Burrow or Allen. Just my biased opinion.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

OK lemme clarify something...I said I would take 42 TDs over more yards anyday. yards are not points. I never said I would take Allen over Herbert. I too would take Herbie over Allen but I would rather have Herbert throw for more TDs than someone else who throws for more yards.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Herbert > Burrow or Allen. Just my biased opinion.
                      It's hard to pick one over the other. Herbert has the big arm and he's the one breaking all the records for first three years in the NFL. I also love how cool-headed he is.

Burrow is the most accurate. Over all the years I've watched the NFL, Burrow is one of the most accurate QB's I've seen.

Allen is like a Clydesdale horse - he's big and strong and fearless. He also has a very strong arm like Herbert.

Mahomes is still number one though because he has had such great success.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It's hard to pick one over the other. Herbert has the big arm and he's the one breaking all the records for first three years in the NFL. I also love how cool-headed he is.

Burrow is the most accurate. Over all the years I've watched the NFL, Burrow is one of the most accurate QB's I've seen.

Allen is like a Clydesdale horse - he's big and strong and fearless. He also has a very strong arm like Herbert.

Mahomes is still number one though because he has had such great success.
                        Unfortunately all the great young qbs are in the afc

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Imagine the numbers if Herbert didn't play with broken ribs and the last couple of games with a torn labrum. Imagine Allen, Burrow or Mahomes's stats if they played with those injuries.

Comment

Working...
                          X