Cowherd loves Herbert
        Dmac loves Herbert
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Cowherd had Sando on because of the annual Quarterback Tiers article he puts out. Herbert was ranked fifth, the same as last year.

Although I think you can make a case for Allen, Burrow, or Herbert as the second-best quarterback in the NFL, I really don't agree with putting Aaron Rodgers above Herbert now. I expect someone else, whether it's Trevor Lawrence or Deshaun Watson, to play at a top five level this season, and then there's always somebody who surprises everyone. Maybe it will be dmac's guy, Anthony Richardson--or perhaps the Green Bay Packers fan who was on this forum a few weeks ago was right about Jordan Love. I also wouldn't be surprised if Josh Allen falls off a bit this season. Maybe there's something to the way his season ended last year.

A lot of people are high on Jalen Hurts. I have a tough time putting any quarterback from the NFC anywhere near the same class as Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, and Allen.

I think it's fair to rank Daniel Jones 19th. I don't want this to transition into a discussion about the running back market, but Daniel Jones getting $40 million a year while Saquon had to fight so hard for $11 million this season is outrageous. I totally get paying quarterbacks in the elite class, but Daniel Jones at $40 million? No way.

Herbert received seven fewer Tier 1 votes this year than last after his production fell and his Chargers blew a 27-0 lead to Jacksonville in the playoffs. He remained solidly within Tier 1, with only one vote separating him from Rodgers.

“I think he can carry the team, just from me coaching against him,” a defensive coordinator said. “He has the size, the arm strength, he sees the field well. What shocks you is his mobility for his size. He is a better version of Deshaun (Watson).”

Twenty-one voters placed Herbert in Tier 2. What can Herbert do to win them over?

“Not lose when you have that kind of lead in the playoffs,” a head coach said. “Make a play when you had multiple opportunities to make one. I think (new coordinator) Kellen Moore is going to give him opportunities to light up the stat sheet. I want to see him win.”

The Chargers finished 10-7 last season. Herbert played through damaged rib cartilage.

“Love the toughness, just need to see him win more in pure-pass (situations),” an exec said.

For now, there’s a line separating him from Burrow and Allen higher in the top tier.

“Maybe it’s a product of the team as a whole, but there is something for me, I don’t think he’s at that echelon quite yet,” a defensive coach said. “He has all the ability and skill set to get there. I just don’t think he is there yet.”

The 10th annual survey of 50 NFL coaches and evaluators on the state of the QB cohort shows significant swings up and down.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
            Cowherd had Sando on because of the annual Quarterback Tiers article he puts out. Herbert was ranked fifth, the same as last year.

Although I think you can make a case for Allen, Burrow, or Herbert as the second-best quarterback in the NFL, I really don't agree with putting Aaron Rodgers above Herbert now. I expect someone else, whether it's Trevor Lawrence or Deshaun Watson, to play at a top five level this season, and then there's always somebody who surprises everyone. Maybe it will be dmac's guy, Anthony Richardson--or perhaps the Green Bay Packers fan who was on this forum a few weeks ago was right about Jordan Love. I also wouldn't be surprised if Josh Allen falls off a bit this season. Maybe there's something to the way his season ended last year.

A lot of people are high on Jalen Hurts. I have a tough time putting any quarterback from the NFC anywhere near the same class as Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, and Allen.

I think it's fair to rank Daniel Jones 19th. I don't want this to transition into a discussion about the running back market, but Daniel Jones getting $40 million a year while Saquon had to fight so hard for $11 million this season is outrageous. I totally get paying quarterbacks in the elite class, but Daniel Jones at $40 million? No way.

Herbert received seven fewer Tier 1 votes this year than last after his production fell and his Chargers blew a 27-0 lead to Jacksonville in the playoffs. He remained solidly within Tier 1, with only one vote separating him from Rodgers.

“I think he can carry the team, just from me coaching against him,” a defensive coordinator said. “He has the size, the arm strength, he sees the field well. What shocks you is his mobility for his size. He is a better version of Deshaun (Watson).”

Twenty-one voters placed Herbert in Tier 2. What can Herbert do to win them over?

“Not lose when you have that kind of lead in the playoffs,” a head coach said. “Make a play when you had multiple opportunities to make one. I think (new coordinator) Kellen Moore is going to give him opportunities to light up the stat sheet. I want to see him win.”

The Chargers finished 10-7 last season. Herbert played through damaged rib cartilage.

“Love the toughness, just need to see him win more in pure-pass (situations),” an exec said.

For now, there’s a line separating him from Burrow and Allen higher in the top tier.

“Maybe it’s a product of the team as a whole, but there is something for me, I don’t think he’s at that echelon quite yet,” a defensive coach said. “He has all the ability and skill set to get there. I just don’t think he is there yet.”

The 10th annual survey of 50 NFL coaches and evaluators on the state of the QB cohort shows significant swings up and down.

Dmac loves Herbert. Dmac seldom cares what other guys think when its simply opinion but thats cool.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

If all goes according to plan, Herbert will be league MVP and emerge this season as the NFL's top QB.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                If all goes according to plan, Herbert will be league MVP and emerge this season as the NFL's top QB.
                Not sure when the last time was that everything went *according to plan* for the Chargers, but... I'll drink to that! <hic!>

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Not sure when the last time was that everything went *according to plan* for the Chargers, but... I'll drink to that! <hic!>
                  The last time everything went to plan for the Chargers was never. But a fan can continue to hope. Optimism abounds this time of year. At least there have been no training camp injuries or last-minute surgeries needed.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Cynthia Frelund wrote :

« NGS shows Justin Herbert completed just 33.3 percent of passes of 20-plus air yards (13th-lowest among players with 40-plus such attempts) in 2022. But with his strong arm, being able to work with additional space will make a big difference in his output.​ »

Nothing on his injury ?

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Scroll to 7:45. Mike Sando and Colin Cowherd discuss Herbert and agree that Justin may be the most phenomenonal QB in the league, but the Chargers organization and the defensive and special teams failures are holding Herbert back.

Comment

• colorado
                        Fan since '62
                        • Jun 2023
                        • Desert Rat
                        • Nothing but time on my hands
                        • Send PM

September 10 @ 1:25pm it starts counting

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018