• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Unpopular opinion warning, but I have to express my frustration.
    Keenan Allen is pissing me off once again this offseason.

Why the fack is he going on the Acho show and talking about Herbert?! Months away from blowing Mahomes on Twitter.

Imo it's not a coincidence we're drafting quieter, more disciplined and more mature WRs like Q, DD and even Palmer.
    enough of the uber talented jackasses like KA.

Fittingly the last "SDC" on the roster.
    I won't miss him when he's gone.

Edit: should be in the Herbert thread. Sorry.
    I didn't think he said anything bad. Some fans just get upset at little things
    Like they don't like our players talking and laughing with opponents after a loss and want them to be pissed off.

It's a game man and they are human beings. It just don't work that way.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I didn't think he said anything bad. Some fans just get upset at little things
      Like they don't like our players talking and laughing with opponents after a loss and want them to be pissed off.

It's a game man and they are human beings. It just don't work that way.
      Ya I know, we've discussed this before and it's clear were on opposite ends of the spectrum here.
      I just think it's irresponsible for KA to go on a show where the host is Herbert's biggest detractor,
      then allow himself to be set-up to meet Acho half-way on a generalization about Herbert's leadership style.
      That's how it becomes a thing, we speak a narrative long enough and it's something that becomes an issue.
      KA should ask himself, why isn't Herbert going on the show himself? I think he would realize that he's not
      trying to put himself in a similar position.
      So I wish KA would just speak on himself, or not go to shows where they'll ask him about Herbert's flaws.
      in ALL of these shows, guests are allowed to approve all questions asked.
      Frankly, I don't think KA is innocent in all of this, he's always been passive aggressive
      and I think he's avoiding Herbert and harbors feelings of resentment that he isn't Phil.
      probably because it sparks some hidden fear or realizing he's getting old and his career is closer to over than in it's prime.

Frankly, I agree with KA more than I disagree, I just wish he would process his feelings in-house, 1:1 with Herb
      or with a therapist in private.

Or Herb can learn the Man-Spoon technique to pacify baby Diva WRs.
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ya I know, we've discussed this before and it's clear were on opposite ends of the spectrum here.
        I just think it's irresponsible for KA to go on a show where the host is Herbert's biggest detractor,
        then allow himself to be set-up to meet Acho half-way on a generalization about Herbert's leadership style.
        That's how it becomes a thing, we speak a narrative long enough and it's something that becomes an issue.
        KA should ask himself, why isn't Herbert going on the show himself? I think he would realize that he's not
        trying to put himself in a similar position.
        So I wish KA would just speak on himself, or not go to shows where they'll ask him about Herbert's flaws.
        in ALL of these shows, guests are allowed to approve all questions asked.
        Frankly, I don't think KA is innocent in all of this, he's always been passive aggressive
        and I think he's avoiding Herbert and harbors feelings of resentment that he isn't Phil.
        probably because it sparks some hidden fear or realizing he's getting old and his career is closer to over than in it's prime.

Frankly, I agree with KA more than I disagree, I just wish he would process his feelings in-house, 1:1 with Herb
        or with a therapist in private.

Or Herb can learn the Man-Spoon technique to pacify baby Diva WRs.
        Well seems to me he was just asking what Herbert in his estimation needs to improve on and he just said he can take more control , not in those words but to that effect.
        And Keenan said he tells him that all the time.

I don't think that's a bad thing and it's true. Rivers had total control of the offense and if someone fucked up , he let him know about it. Herb don't do that yet that I've seen. He doesn't have to be animated on the sideline to do that.
        Rivers would often change the play and I think that might be hard for Herbert to do when you keep changing schemes on him.

Idk imo Herbert obviously is more physical gifted than Rivers was but he isn't as of yet as good a quarterback.
        4th year, 3rd scheme. Rivers only had 3 in 16 years and even Steichens didn't change much from Whiz's.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well seems to me he was just asking what Herbert in his estimation needs to improve on and he just said he can take more control , not in those words but to that effect.
          And Keenan said he tells him that all the time.

I don't think that's a bad thing and it's true. Rivers had total control of the offense and if someone fucked up , he let him know about it. Herb don't do that yet that I've seen. He doesn't have to be animated on the sideline to do that.
          Rivers would often change the play and I think that might be hard for Herbert to do when you keep changing schemes on him.

Idk imo Herbert obviously is more physical gifted than Rivers was but he isn't as of yet as good a quarterback.
          4th year, 3rd scheme. Rivers only had 3 in 16 years and even Steichens didn't change much from Whiz's.
          I feel better about the bold, at least they're talking about it.
          ironically, Herbert's growth as a vocal leader couldn't be more exemplified than telling KA, "hey, I'm not Phil, get over it."
          Ultimately I agree, Herb has much to grow and should take it as a personal challenge to get out of his comfort zone to communicate how some guys need it.
          some guys need a simple tap on the shoulder, others need a mallet.
          it's going to be fun watching Herbert grow into his own.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2022
            • Send PM

I give Telesco mostly Staley credit for using "Nudge" economics to influence Herbert with the pressure to take control of the team's destiny. 1st their off-season comments about consulting him on coaching decision, then hiring of Moore, & now some player comments. Justin is no Jordan, however, apply pressure influencing him to not let players/team down, we will see him "Tear off heads, shit down necks" when behind center. I see this as positive development for Justin.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Herbert will change over time, when he came into the league he had that small town “aww shucks” I’m just awestruck to even be in the NFL thing in spades and the more time passes he’s going to find his own voice much like it took LT time to feel comfortable taking the reigns but not until after seau and rodney were gone…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

I think it’s telling that rivers was criticized for being too brash and too confident bordering on cockiness and arrogance, people turned phillip into a punchline because of it, and now herbert is being criticized for being completely the opposite, these assholes are always going to find something to nit pick…as a player I woukd much rather play with someone like herbert that treats everyone else like they are an adult and a professional themselves…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

He's basically saying that Herbert is not an alpha...even if it is true, he shouldn't be saying it...
                  Interesting. I'll concede that Herb isn't "an alpha's alpha". I mean, he's not Ray Lewis.

I see Herb as the kind of guy who takes what he EARNS, rather than taking what he WANTS. He isn't going to *demand* that the guys on the team follow him. He'd rather inspire them to follow him.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Herbert is, as knowing one, a Eugene-Ian. Pure and simple. Throwback to the greatest Duck & Charger QB Dan Fouts. Just feel lucky, to have experienced watching both play in my lifetime.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

I absolutely LOVE that herbert doesn’t fuck around on social media, I like that he has placed his football career in perspective, on the field and in preparation he is a competitor to the max but he’s not going to let that shit rule private life…

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                        I absolutely LOVE that herbert doesn’t fuck around on social media, I like that he has placed his football career in perspective, on the field and in preparation he is a competitor to the max but he’s not going to let that shit rule private life…
                        AMEN . . . . . I wish more players would dump social media - nothing but trouble.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Keenan has also said a few things that can be perceived as shots at Rivers. Others would say he was just telling the truth. Some would opine that he shouldn't have said anything. Keenan's time will come when he's no longer a Charger. We'll see how he reacts when Johnston or someone else is catching passes from Herbert.

As far as the type of leader you want your quarterback to be, I have just one preference: that he be himself. All this other stuff, "I want a fiery leader," or "I'd rather play with a guy who would hold my hand and not yell at me..." to me is B.S.

Comment

Working...
                          X