• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    The 49ers have carry four QBs just to get through a season. Justin Herbert suffers fractured rib cartilage, takes one play off, then returns and plays the rest of the season.
    I am sure that he really won over his teammates in the process. When he had the injury I will never forget how he at times just let his arm go limp from the pain. Then he fires that bb to Carter. Reminds me of Rivers playing with a torn ACL in the playoffs. Teammates, other teams’ players, coaches, front office they all take note of how tough and committed Herbert is. We are really, really fortunate. He is almost too good to be true. Shows how important good, stable parenting is. We don’t seem to value that anymore or recognize how many of our societal problems are driven by the family breaking down.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I am sure that he really won over his teammates in the process. When he had the injury I will never forget how he at times just let his arm go limp from the pain. Then he fires that bb to Carter. Reminds me of Rivers playing with a torn ACL in the playoffs. Teammates, other teams’ players, coaches, front office they all take note of how tough and committed Herbert is. We are really, really fortunate. He is almost too good to be true. Shows how important good, stable parenting is. We don’t seem to value that anymore or recognize how many of our societal problems are driven by the family breaking down.

TG
      All true down to the very last detail. I see this in QJ, quiet strength, unassuming, extremely well grounded, and a strong connection to his parents and family.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

The 49ers have carry four QBs just to get through a season. Justin Herbert suffers fractured rib cartilage, takes one play off, then returns and plays the rest of the season.
        They let RT McGlinchy walk. He was the big cause of their QBs getting hurt and now he is the Broncos RT. Good news for us.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-05-2023, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They let RT McGlitchy walk. He was the big cause of their QBs getting hurt and now he is the Broncos RT. Good news for us.
          I don't know the figures on McGlinchy's contract, but the 49ers decided not to use the '5th Year Option' that all clubs have with their 1st round picks, and allowed him to walk..

So the Broncos are paying '2nd Contract' money to a guy who's initial NFL club deemed him unworthy of.

Cap issues could have figured in as well, but I'm convinced that Glinch is a second tier O-lineman, at best, so I'm fine with his being a Bronco.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I don't know the figures on McGlinchy's contract, but the 49ers decided not to use the '5th Year Option' that all clubs have with their 1st round picks, and allowed him to walk..

So the Broncos are paying '2nd Contract' money to a guy who's initial NFL club deemed him unworthy of.

Cap issues could have figured in as well, but I'm convinced that Glinch is a second tier O-lineman, at best, so I'm fine with his being a Bronco.
            McGlinchey is listed as the Broncos' starter at RT on their depth chart. https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DEN

They signed him to a 5-year 87.5 mil contract this year, $17.5 mil per average, $52.5 mil guaranteed. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...linchey-25104/

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They let RT McGlitchy walk. He was the big cause of their QBs getting hurt and now he is the Broncos RT. Good news for us.
              Fun for Bosa.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Fun for Bosa.
                If he is not elite. Hopefully fun for Tuli and Rumph as well.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

This was in my YouTube feed. I have no idea who this guy is.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

This was in my YouTube feed. I have no idea who this guy is.

I think he's been reading our forum...pretty much sums up our consensus views...
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Haha great episode.
                        You can tell neither guy grew up eating hot stuff.

By the end, Stick would have thrown his mother under the bus to avoid eating another wing. Haha
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X