• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Before Burrow's arrival the Bengals hadn't won a playoff game since 1990. He comes in, and they go to the Super Bowl his second year and the AFC Championship Game his third. That's five playoff wins in two years for the Bengals--after having zero in thirty, even though they had Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson (Ochocince), T.J. Houshmanzadeh, and then A.J. Green and other talented receivers to help Andy Dalton. Sure, Burrow has a low self-esteem.

Herbert and Burrow are both outstanding quarterbacks. They're also very different. Neither of them has a problem with self-confidence. It's as simple as that.
    Agreed. I was one of those wanting to trade up for Burrow, but I am extremely happy to have Herbert. Just because you don't jump on the counter and scream how great you are doesn't mean you're not great. Quite frankly, as a teammate I'd rather have that, because 9/10 those types never take responsibility when they screw up and push the blame off on others. This causes locker room rifs. I think everyone of Herbert's teammates believe in him, whether they are public about it or not.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
      Neither of them has a problem with self-confidence. It's as simple as that.
      Burrow is a good QB who has had a lot of success in his career. He clearly also craves attention for a reason. Both things can be true.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He dresses like that because he clearly needs the attention. This is usually a sign of someone with low self esteem and feelings of insecurity.
        Or you are wrong and he is just a character with his own sense of style and how he expresses himself who doesnt give a shit what you think

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Or you are wrong and he is just a character with his own sense of style and how he expresses himself who doesnt give a shit what you think
          You are kind of making my point for me - people express themselves for a reason. This isn't mean to be a knock on Burrow, everyone has things that drive their behavior.

And yes, I'm quite sure he doesn't give a shit what I think.

Comment

• RollingThunder
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Maybe that was the problem.

We hung on too long to those guys.

IMO he doesn't have the "it" factor. The niceness is just another red flag on top. But he will make some dazzling throws and our attention span as a species is just too short.

Serious question, would you trade in Fout's and River's time here for Trent Dilfer's?

Maybe sometimes the journey and the company you keep is as important as the destination?

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Serious question, would you trade in Fout's and River's time here for Trent Dilfer's?

Maybe sometimes the journey and the company you keep is as important as the destination?
              No not necessarily, it was just a hypothetical. Ie, if we had moved on earlier then maybe we would have had a chance at a guy like Mahomes, Josh Allen, etc.

​​​​​​
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

You are kind of making my point for me - people express themselves for a reason. This isn't mean to be a knock on Burrow, everyone has things that drive their behavior.

I meant people in general, not really singling you out there rich

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

No not necessarily, it was just a hypothetical. Ie, if we had moved on earlier then maybe we would have had a chance at a guy like Mahomes, Josh Allen, etc.

​​​​​​
                  Mahomes and who? 2017 Mahomes would have sat and played in 2018 and sure he would still be special. But you're dreaming if you think we're on a 5 season afc championship streak with Lynn. Reid and the Chiefs had our number even before #15 showed up. They're just better run org than ours.

Either way complaining about Herbert because we coulda had Mahomes is dumb. So far in his career Justin looks to be a better Luck/Stafford type of QB and I'd rather have him than Allen or Burrow. Get this man a legit HC and you'd see a SB win. See how Reich had Luck playing his best ball before retiring and that was after all the hits and injuries. Stafford was nicknamed Padford in Detriot and had a awful record against winning teams and his 1st year with Mcvay had his best season and SB win.

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Joe Burrow isnt perfect but having low self esteem or being needy isnt what his teammates say about him.

Not sure why Burrow gets in alot of Charger fans head. His a cool guy imo

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

​​​​​​
                      People are beginning to criticize Josh Allen for not winning a Super Bowl. This was supposed to be their year.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Joe Burrow isnt perfect but having low self esteem or being needy isnt what his teammates say about him.

Not sure why Burrow gets in alot of Charger fans head. His a cool guy imo
                        He had the audacity to picked five spots ahead of Herbert.

I, myself, don't get it. Burrow isn't Eli Manning.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Has nothing to do with him being picked first - he deserved it based on his last year in college. It has everything to do with the smug arrogance that oozes out of him.

Comment

Working...
                          X