• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
    I remember reading that Lamp was one of the best OTs in college and that he was a steal where he was drafted. but of course your best ability is availability.
    Coach Herm Edwards - availability is a skillset. Lamp was a good pick at the time. Most thought he could have been a top 20 pick or so. But he has been injured. Hoping he can stay healthy

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Even if Lamp starts and plays every game this year he'll be like a rookie. He was great in college and I loved the pick but who can know what a toll the knee injuries have taken on him? I wish him well but it's time to "show me" now.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        Even if Lamp starts and plays every game this year he'll be like a rookie. He was great in college and I loved the pick but who can know what a toll the knee injuries have taken on him? I wish him well but it's time to "show me" now.
        Agreed. He has to healthy and show something. Hopefully he does. This team could have a vastly improved OL. Heck just having a stronger RG/RT is a plus compared to last year. So again, even minor improvements for the LT position could be huge overall.

I think the Chargers are going to be a grind it out team, play good defense, field position football (meaning Taylor takes a sack, or they run on 3rd and 12 to punt), limit turnovers. Ball control. Winning 16-14 with 3 field goals.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Coach Herm Edwards - availability is a skillset. Lamp was a good pick at the time. Most thought he could have been a top 20 pick or so. But he has been injured. Hoping he can stay healthy
          I'd quibble with this. There was broad consensus, not just in Charger land but across the spectrum of pundits and experst, that he was a good pick in Rd 2.

There is zero evidence yet that he actually was a good pick. i hope this changes, i just would not bet my team or my season on him if I were GM or HC.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

It's not like you can fire up the wayback machine and go and fix the pick. You have to make them with the information you have at the time, and if he had never had any injuries, and no medical conditions, I am not sure how we would have know he was going to get hurt.
            Sometimes good picks don't work out.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              It's not like you can fire up the wayback machine and go and fix the pick. You have to make them with the information you have at the time, and if he had never had any injuries, and no medical conditions, I am not sure how we would have know he was going to get hurt.
              Bravo good Sir......Bravo.........

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                You mean to tell me that there isn’t really a hot tub time machine?

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I'd quibble with this. There was broad consensus, not just in Charger land but across the spectrum of pundits and experst, that he was a good pick in Rd 2.

There is zero evidence yet that he actually was a good pick. i hope this changes, i just would not bet my team or my season on him if I were GM or HC.
                  This falsehood is chorused by many.
                  There have been glimpses of good play,
                  especially in pass pro.

Fans love to vent.
                  Adderley had a detached-from-the-bone hammy.
                  Charger fans scream "get out there !"
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed. He has to healthy and show something. Hopefully he does. This team could have a vastly improved OL. Heck just having a stronger RG/RT is a plus compared to last year. So again, even minor improvements for the LT position could be huge overall.

I think the Chargers are going to be a grind it out team, play good defense, field position football (meaning Taylor takes a sack, or they run on 3rd and 12 to punt), limit turnovers. Ball control. Winning 16-14 with 3 field goals.
                    Outch ! We are miles away from the team I felt in love with in 1979 !

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Outch ! We are miles away from the team I felt in love with in 1979 !
                      Yes - this won't be your Air Coryell Chargers. I was a year earlier - 1978. 79 was a good year - -until the Oilers - oofff!!

I loved Rivers - thought he was fantastic and a little peeved that Telesco seems to be fixing the OL when he should have been doing it for years - that said. I am good with the way it seems the team is being built. Tyrod, running the ball and a good defense!

I liked watching how TN played last year - hoping the Chargers can do similar things.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

The Chargers will be something like the 83' Redskins without J. Riggens ?
                        Or the 85' Bears without that dominant DL ?

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

We’ve had trouble scoring more than 20 points a game for much of the season, for years now. There are a few 35 pointers in there, brings up the per game average, but go back and look, our O has been beyond anemic in terms of points scored for frigging years now. Any change is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                          X