• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

If Taylor goes down, who replaces him? Herbert or Stick? I don’t know who our #2 qb is.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Taylor was nervous or what ?
      Many overthrows, only 7 yards rushing.
      It's far away from what I expected.
      I thought he would be more accurated with the 10-15 yards passes.
      Burrow ran more than him !

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        Taylor was nervous or what ?
        Many overthrows, only 7 yards rushing.
        It's far away from what I expected.
        I thought he would be more accurated with the 10-15 yards passes.
        Burrow ran more than him !
        Taylor looked really slow out there. I thought the reason we went with him is for all these ESPN highlight running plays but we got a meandering pedestrian QB who still can’t throw. Not a good trade off.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Taylor doesn't throw well but he makes up for it by not running well either. But he doesn't turn the ball over.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Silversurfer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Los Angeles
            • Send PM

9 years in the league and this is what Tyrod shows? By now you have better improved and took your game to that next level or your just going to be who your are. I hoped for Tyrod to really show up and show us something and obviously its only a matter of time before the young gun gets to take over. Also didn't like him sitting on the bench by himself not rallying the troops. Shit, if i was handed the starting QB job id be doing cartwheels on the sidelines and yelling my ass off, put me in coach.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Being in Ohio I seen this movie before in 2018 and the familar character stars Tyrod Taylor as Cleveland starting QB in 2018 with Head Coach Hue Jackson, and Rookie QB Baker Mayfield, Coach Jackson said let make this clear Tyrod is our starter, Mayfield is talented, but he is our number 2, after the second pre-season game fans where screaming for Mayfield to start and it was obvious that he was better than Tyrod even as a rookie. Mayfield got his break week 3 against the Jets, the Browns were 0-1-1 entering in that game, and the only reason Mayfield got into the game and rallied the team to it's first win of the season because Tyrod got injuried and a few weeks later Hue Jackson was fired.

Fast Forward to 2020 in Charger land sounds so familar Coach Lynn touts Tyrod is our guy and will be our starter, based on that opener we could of easily been 0-1 or 0-0-1 Cleveland in 2018 with Tyrod opening season tie to the Steelers and week 2 like I said above they were 0-1-1. After this KC game I can hear and understand calling for Herbert especially if Taylor plays like he did against Cincy. Coach Lynn will put his spin yadda, yadda Tyrod we still have confidence in him and he gives us the best chance to win BS. I am convince Tyrod isn't capable of bringing this team from behind on the scoreboard, with his cautious play not to lose mentality we will be in alot of close games. What gives coach Lynn lead way we didn't get to see Herbert in a pre-season game, and Lynn will not hear the heat of the fans in the stadium because there are no fans in the stadium.

Best Case Scenario
              1. Tyrod isn't going to light up the score board with his passing week to week, so our defense is going to play like a top-5 defense week to week, and we are going to be a top 3 rushing team to make a run at the playoffs
              2. Is crude an I hate to say it we know what Tyrod ceiling is and it is low, and we know coach Lynn's vet mentality is, so Tyrod goes down with an injury and Herbert becomes the starter and defense plays like a top-5 defense, and the running game carries Herbert through his growing pains. I rather ride with Herbert and take the rookie lumps thatn ride the season of no hope with Tyrod.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

That browns team also had hot garbage for talent and Baker still looks like a work in progress.

Comment

• Tol
                  From Accounting
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Carlsbad
                  • Send PM

Here's what I'm feeling, it's still a weird year, and still just week 1. Taylor was unimpressive, and the bar was already sort of mediocre to begin with. But I'm not ready to pull the rug out from under him just yet. Because it's still week 1 in a weird year. The O Line was a mess, right? That solid right side we picked up in the off season did not play, correct? And the verdict on our O Coordinator is still out. So, I'm not really enthused to throw Herbert into a hot mess as a rookie. Not against the Chiefs, Bucs or Saints.

That being said, if the case against Taylor solidifies anytime between the Chiefs and Saints games, then I would look to put Stick in first. Stick is the most mobile of the 3 QB's. And we don't want to start Herbert against really complete teams when he's still green and raw and adjusting to the NFL... in a weird season. At least I wouldn't. Stick should be able to make more plays than Taylor with his feet, and has had enough time to learn the playbook and further develop his passing skills during last season and training camp this year. Unless he throws lots of picks, I didn't watch training camp, so I don't know if it's more or less than Herbert.

But since we had no preseason, I'd like to see Stick first, and would rather not scar or stunt Herbert's development against these more complete teams. The Jets might be a better landing zone for him to get his NFL debut.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Taylor doesn't throw well but he makes up for it by not running well either. But he doesn't turn the ball over.
                    POTD

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Well I'll tell you this, 16 points isn't going cut it next week. Unless they figure something out quick we are in for a blow out in the home opener.

Depending on what happens with the Chiefs, Panthers, Bucs and Saints. If we go 1-5 or 2-4. I'll wager we see Herbert start @ home against the Jets.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                        Well I'll tell you this, 16 points isn't going cut it next week. Unless they figure something out quick we are in for a blow out in the home opener.

Depending on what happens with the Chiefs, Panthers, Bucs and Saints. If we go 1-5 or 2-4. I'll wager we see Herbert start @ home against the Jets.
                        i really think we would see Stick before Herbert if they give up on Taylor. They'll put Herbert in late in the season to get his feet wet.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I wonder if Vegas is taking side bets on when will Herbert take over for Tyrod?
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X