• Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Fleet.
    Formula Two One.
    Bolt-O.
    ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR.

Thank you.
    It's always nice to have new members with a take.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

And it's nice to see some old members coming back and posting too.

It sucks that the Bolts left, but the Voters had a chance to vote for a new studium at no cost to the taxpayer, and the voters turned them down. We bear some responsibility for the move too.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Oops, I came in here to welcome people and forgot, and then just posted pics of old football cards.
        Welcome to the newcomers.

And this page I've linked has come in handy from time to time:
        Setting and Profile Features

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Tijuana
          • Send PM

Hi, I'm also a BoltTalk member (10+ years), I hate to see that site go down but it's full of haters and most thread get infected quickly, I hated when the team moved (like most) but I decided to still watch football and still follow the team, so "Chargers till I die!", I'm glad to find a forum where Chargers' football is still discussed.

I was 8 when I started following the Chargers (back in 79, so I enjoyed and suffered thru the Air Coryell era and beyond) I'm from Tijuana, so San Diego sports are kinda "local" to me (I did live for a year in Chula Vista), I don't hate LA (the dodgers yes, but no LA).

BTW, yes, I'm a metallica fan (nickname) and that photo in my profile is from when I "worked for a day" as a camera assistant for a friend that was the actual cameraman for a Tijuana TV station, I was on the field (unfortunately I couldn't take many pictures, it would have looked strange from a "member of the press" and at that time (2001) I only had a disposable camera, but I did get some pictures that I still have), I got into the locker room, was 3 feet from LT when he was being interviewed, got into Marty's press conference and into the press box, great day! except that the Chargers lost to the raiders like 24-7

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
            Hi, I'm also a BoltTalk member (10+ years), I hate to see that site go down but it's full of haters and most thread get infected quickly, I hated when the team moved (like most) but I decided to still watch football and still follow the team, so "Chargers till I die!", I'm glad to find a forum where Chargers' football is still discussed.

I was 8 when I started following the Chargers (back in 79, so I enjoyed and suffered thru the Air Coryell era and beyond) I'm from Tijuana, so San Diego sports are kinda "local" to me (I did live for a year in Chula Vista), I don't hate LA (the dodgers yes, but no LA).

BTW, yes, I'm a metallica fan (nickname) and that photo in my profile is from when I "worked for a day" as a camera assistant for a friend that was the actual cameraman for a Tijuana TV station, I was on the field (unfortunately I couldn't take many pictures, it would have looked strange from a "member of the press" and at that time (2001) I only had a disposable camera, but I did get some pictures that I still have), I got into the locker room, was 3 feet from LT when he was being interviewed, got into Marty's press conference and into the press box, great day! except that the Chargers lost to the raiders like 24-7
            I was born around the same time as you. And im a diehard metallica fan. Easily my favorite band of all time as far as my entire life goes. Huge metalhead. Became a Charger fan a few years after you did. Glad to have you here man. Those who dont support the team here are very good people who for the most part dont go out of their way to cause a bunch of drama. I have created a forum for them to share whats on their minds. But after reading most threads in BT and seeing how most threads turn into a battle i realized that i needed to do something to make sure that didnt happen here. So im still open to suggestions. My goal all along was to keep this community together. Because aside from the Bolts many of us supporters are close friends with the non supporters. Thats what is special about this community. We have been together for alot longer than this forums creation in 2013. We have some guys that would love to come up here and let us know in every post that they dont support the team etc....but i think everybody knows where everybody stands at this point and its just beating a dead horse. So they keep it on the Legacy forum. Let me know if i can help you in any way. Its the slow time of year. Couple with a community shake up from the move. Just stick with us and we will all grow together as a new LA Charger community. We have a lot of fun here.

Comment

• Darth Sergious
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Welcome to all, great to see this place growing.

Myself, based in Tijuana I have been lurking since around 2001 (yikes), always enjoy catching up on chargers stuff with this crowd, easily one of the most knowledgeable group of posters out there. Quite enjoy reading all the theory behind this great game from the likes of Steve et all.

Cheers to all!

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I was born around the same time as you. And im a diehard metallica fan. Easily my favorite band of all time as far as my entire life goes. Huge metalhead. Became a Charger fan a few years after you did. Glad to have you here man. Those who dont support the team here are very good people who for the most part dont go out of their way to cause a bunch of drama. I have created a forum for them to share whats on their minds. But after reading most threads in BT and seeing how most threads turn into a battle i realized that i needed to do something to make sure that didnt happen here. So im still open to suggestions. My goal all along was to keep this community together. Because aside from the Bolts many of us supporters are close friends with the non supporters. Thats what is special about this community. We have been together for alot longer than this forums creation in 2013. We have some guys that would love to come up here and let us know in every post that they dont support the team etc....but i think everybody knows where everybody stands at this point and its just beating a dead horse. So they keep it on the Legacy forum. Let me know if i can help you in any way. Its the slow time of year. Couple with a community shake up from the move. Just stick with us and we will all grow together as a new LA Charger community. We have a lot of fun here.
                What happened to the Chargers Legacy forum? Looks like its been deleted?
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  If you do a "new posts" search, you won't see it in the lists, but the Legacy forum is still open.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Welcome ..... and nice to see some Tijuana based fans too

Still have good friends who live there and further down into Baja
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Screeme
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Welcome to all the new members!!!

I've been a member of this community for, lord, I have no idea. A very long time. It was thenflforum.com at the time. This community stuck for me because there were/are a lot of very passionate fans, and a lot of very knowledgeable football guys.

I've been a fan of the Chargers for as long as I can remember. I grew up in San Diego, and my parents were season ticket holders. While this is almost assuredly NOT the first game I ever watched, the first game I clearly remember is the Epic in Miami (I would have been 7). I attribute this to all the hubbub that went on around this game in my house at that time. My parents started celebrating (read drinking) in the first quarter.. and then my home was a madhouse for the last 3+. I was hooked!

I now live in the Pacific Northwest surrounded by Seahawk fans. This place is my football lifeblood! It's awesome! If your passionate about the team, you have a voice. Welcome to the board!

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                        You have to be logged in to see it.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

Welcome newcomers!

I was a lurker over at thenflforum.com but decided to try and become an active part of the community once Fleet opened this place up (it became a lot easier once I was actually able to make a profile and log in, something the thenflforum had issues with).

I started life as an avid baseball fan in my youth and as such didn't really start to follow the Chargers until the '98 season. Luckily 10 year olds are used to disappointment in their lives and I was able to maintain my budding fandom through the tough times and once LT and Brees arrived I was hooked. Once I found this place I knew there was no going back ever. It's a great community with some pretty awesome people, even the bad apples aren't too bad. Looking forward to some new people with some different perspectives.

Comment

Working...
                          X