• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Kyle Trask and Mac Jones. We could easily see 6 first round QBs, even a slim chance 5 go top 15....gravy for the Bolts...better player or lucrative trade deal...

Not sure I am all that crazy about Jones and Trask myself...but teams always seem to bite on SEC production...fine by me. Fields resurrection really helped...now we just need Trey Lance to nail the offseason workouts, and our phone will be ringing off the hook come draft day.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Fields had an outstanding game, best in his college career, and will have a chance to show it again against a much better secondary. I don't think Lawrence will drop, he's been doing his thing for the last 3 seasons, but that game by Fields (only 6 incompletions and 6 TDs) will give both Jax and NYJ some work. If Sewell is indeed a generational OT, maybe he goes #1 as well.

Maybe the Chargers can draft one of the stars out of the Bama/OSU matchup, but probably not.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Fields had an outstanding game, best in his college career, and will have a chance to show it again against a much better secondary. I don't think Lawrence will drop, he's been doing his thing for the last 3 seasons, but that game by Fields (only 6 incompletions and 6 TDs) will give both Jax and NYJ some work. If Sewell is indeed a generational OT, maybe he goes #1 as well.

Maybe the Chargers can draft one of the stars out of the Bama/OSU matchup, but probably not.
        I just want the best damn OL (OT or OG or C) with the Chargers picks in Rounds 1 and 3

Rounds 2 and the other 3, pick your Edge and CB

Anything else to me is gravy

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Kyle Trask and Mac Jones. We could easily see 6 first round QBs, even a slim chance 5 go top 15....gravy for the Bolts...better player or lucrative trade deal...

Not sure I am all that crazy about Jones and Trask myself...but teams always seem to bite on SEC production...fine by me. Fields resurrection really helped...now we just need Trey Lance to nail the offseason workouts, and our phone will be ringing off the hook come draft day.
          Are you wanting to trade down, because you think all of the #1 OL, Edge & CB will be already gone? We certainly need help multiple areas so I understand acquiring more picks, but if the #1 at either of those positions are still available I stay put. Or Pitts.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Or Lance and not sold on Wilson either coming from BYU. Jones seems to have some game but tough to tell with the wide open WRs he has to throw to.

Trask did not look good without his top 4 weapons but he did suffer about 6 drops with Pitts replacement dropping three of them.
            Our phone wont ring off the hook if we beat KC and pick around 15. If we lose and move up to 10 or under then possibly we get some calls.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

I just hope we don't OVER pick, like we did with Fluker.
              DJ would have been fine as an interior OL selection in the 2nd or later
              If Parsons or Pitts are there when we pick, I imagine those 2 are graded out higher than any OL not named Sewell.
              Although we may not be able to get our stud LT, we should be able to stock the interior of our OL with good football players( Lamp and Feeney would make solid back ups anywhere along the line).
              If Pitts is the guy, you let HH go and use that money to go sign Trent Williams for 2 years to protect JH's backside.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                If Parsons or Pitts are there when we pick, I imagine those 2 are graded out higher than any OL not named Sewell.
                Although we may not be able to get our stud LT, we should be able to stock the interior of our OL with good football players( Lamp and Feeney would make solid back ups anywhere along the line).
                If Pitts is the guy, you let HH go and use that money to go sign Trent Williams for 2 years to protect JH's backside.
                What a conundrum.

Talent, solid prospect = Wyatt Davis/Rashawn Slater.

Highest PON, albeit w/warts = Sam Cosmi/Christian Darrisaw.

There is a strong gravitational force
                pulling me in your direction, UK.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

This place will blow up if TT picks aTE instead of OL/DL in the first round.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    You're going to have to make a decision on Henry before the draft & if Pitts is the pick, I'd like to see them played together. Makes for serious matchup problems & replaces letting Mike Williams walk. I had said on here earlier that we should give Trent Williams' agent a call, but like others said, you're going to have to overpay for him & he is 33. Maybe that's not the route to go.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

You're going to have to make a decision on Henry before the draft & if Pitts is the pick, I'd like to see them played together. Makes for serious matchup problems & replaces letting Mike Williams walk. I had said on here earlier that we should give Trent Williams' agent a call, but like others said, you're going to have to overpay for him & he is 33. Maybe that's not the route to go.
                      FA'cy will tell us more what we could do. If we resign Henry, i dont see us drafting Pitts. Though as a WR id rather have him over DaVonte Smith. I just dont like his frail frame going into the NFL.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Are you wanting to trade down, because you think all of the #1 OL, Edge & CB will be already gone? We certainly need help multiple areas so I understand acquiring more picks, but if the #1 at either of those positions are still available I stay put. Or Pitts.
                        I wouldn't trade down. Just because you’re rated #1 at your position doesn't mean you’ll be the best pro. Just get one of the top rated guys (or more if you trade down) and develop, develop, develop.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Would anyone trade Justin Herbert for Trevor Lawrence straight up?

Not me.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X