• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I have him as OLB/DE in 3/4. Not a down lineman, brother. Parsons played defensive end in high school and he feels it's his natural position, he's a natural pass rusher. He's a Weakside OLB. His passing rushing grades, I've already posted.

Gametape: Defensive MVP Cotton Bowl - Micah Parsons #11 playing off-ball linebacker in a 4-3.
    I hope he goes before Sewell.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
      Registered Dude
      • Sep 2018
      • Westminster, MA
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

F for Herbert but a B + for the running backs. Nick needs to retire if he thinks the RBs deserve a B
      Also a "D" for the OL?

If he thinks Herbert gets an F, then the OL gets an F-.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I hope he goes before Sewell.
        That statement tells me 100% you haven't watched this tape, bro.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

That statement tells me 100% you haven't watched this tape, bro.
          My statement says 100% that we need linemen. Both OL and a new pass rush DE. We need discipline in the draft to take care of some long ignored needs.

And if he's that good, he will go before Sewell.

And I don't doubt that he's an excellent player that we could use.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree, having a Seau type LBer would impact our defense greatly..... and if we get a new DC who actually realizes the value of pressuring the QB by any means necessary then a big fast brutally nasty LBer would greatly help..... Gus would not have a clue how to use him.....
            If Parsons were in the middle, I would love to flank him with Tranquill and Murray. Tranquill would be the "slow LB" since he only ran a 4.57 40.

If we could re-sign Perryman, our reserves would be pretty good with White, Perryman and Vigil.

Egbule would be the #7 LB.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

If Parsons were in the middle, I would love to flank him with Tranquill and Murray. Tranquill would be the "slow LB" since he only ran a 4.57 40.

If we could re-sign Perryman, our reserves would be pretty good with White, Perryman and Vigil.

Egbule would be the #7 LB.
              I think Murray Jr. is a MIKE. At Oklahoma, he attacked the LOS. That's where he is best. I really like what Perryman put together this season... but he will tke a chunk of change to re-sign. And we have so many FA's to re-sign. I think Murrray Jr. is really Perryman Jr. It's a waste to have him cover (as SAM's and WILL's often do).

Draft a SAM (or WILL) and flank Murray Jr. with Tranquil and Kyzir/draft pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think Murray Jr. is a MIKE. At Oklahoma, he attacked the LOS. That's where he is best. I really like what Perryman put together this season... but he will tke a chunk of change to re-sign. And we have so many FA's to re-sign. I think Murrray Jr. is really Perryman Jr. It's a waste to have him cover (as SAM's and WILL's often do).

Draft a SAM (or WILL) and flank Murray Jr. with Tranquil and Kyzir/draft pick.
                Murray is currently playing OLB because he cannot beat out Perryman. If we draft Parsons, who is much better than Perryman, I doubt Murray will see time at MLB.

Parson may well be the BPA if we stay at 1/5. I think Parsons is the #3 overall player behind Lawrence and Sewell.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Im coming to the belief that the 4-2-5 is the future of the NFL with the need for LBs downgraded.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Murray is currently playing OLB because he cannot beat out Perryman. If we draft Parsons, who is much better than Perryman, I doubt Murray will see time at MLB.

Parson may well be the BPA if we stay at 1/5. I think Parsons is the #3 overall player behind Lawrence and Sewell.
                    I hope we don't pick a MIKE with the #4 pick. If Parsons is actually a DE (as he claims)... then sure.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Is Parsons a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB? Is he gonna put his hand in the dirt if we get him? We need a DE not an OLB.
                      I don't think it Matters. No reason he can't do either. It's not all that different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I hope we don't pick a MIKE with the #4 pick. If Parsons is actually a DE (as he claims)... then sure.
                        He played MLB for Penn State, but occasionally lined up on the edge as a stand up OLB when he rushed the passer.

I think he is elite as an MLB, but not as a DE.

At #5 overall (where we currently pick) if he is on the board, he is likely to be the BPA.

Sewell will be gone. Surtain II is a slight reach at #5 overall. Leatherwood would be a reach as would PItts.

I see nobody else even worthy of discussion.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Two great pass rushers will make 7 guys in coverage look instantly a lot better. I don’t think cover guys can ever cover enough if you have no pass rush. That said - our biggest problem is on OL. I would believe TT could solve that in Rd 2 if I hadn’t seen him try to solve it in Rd 2 to so many times before. I don’t think he can make the OL better without having a top-5 pick dedicated to the position group. He just doesn’t know how to evaluate offensive linemen.

Unrelated Q: why can’t the Chargers cover a swing pass in less than 7 yards? Ok - I know the answer. Never mind. Gus has to go. He’s the Norv Turner of DCs - his defense is great as long as he has a HOF MLB, a HOF S, at least one All-Prio CB, a stout run-stuffing DL, two pass rushers ... just give him 6 or more pro bowl players and his scheme kills. Much like Norv’s vaunted Dallas offense with a HOF QB, HOF RB, HOF WR, two HOF OL, ... etc ...

we’re gonna need a different DC until TT gets those other HOF’ers on the roster. Then he can bring Gus back.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X