• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Barely beating teams with backup quarterbacks is pretty much the worst of all worlds.

A win against a deflated Donkey team, and then against Andy Reid's 3rd stringers will move the Chargers to the #15 or 16 pick. They'll select the last first rounder on Telesco's board: a guy who will be gone in 5 years.

Lynn and staff might even return. A new 4 year deal would be just another colossal mistake by this organization.

I can't think of a fucking worse nightmare. Imagine training camp in year 2024 with Lynn....who would be promising a return to the glory of 2018 once again.
    If the Chargers finish say 7-9 because they beat the Broncos and hte Chiefs third stringers - what will happen is the same thing that happened in Atlanta this year.

The Chargers will start 1-5 and Lynn will be fired at some point as the team will continue to lose games because of terrible clock management and game strategy.

The thing is - these last two games should mean nothing in the decision making process. The decision should already have been made. And if you are discussing whether a coaching change needs to happen - that tells me - you know a coaching change needs to happen.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Chargers finish say 7-9 because they beat the Broncos and hte Chiefs third stringers - what will happen is the same thing that happened in Atlanta this year.

The Chargers will start 1-5 and Lynn will be fired at some point AFTER THE END OF THE 2021 SEASON, as the team will continue to lose games because of terrible clock management and game strategy.

The thing is - these last two games should mean nothing in the decision making process. The decision should already have been made. And if you are discussing whether a coaching change needs to happen - that tells me - you know a coaching change needs to happen.
      There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There...fixed it for 'ya!
        true... more than likely and a year of Herbert under a very cheap contract will be wasted . Only have him three more years on his rookie deal; his 5th year will be guaranteed but it will be like 25m so not expensive but not cheap either

Thats why I wanted him fired after New England - because than winning a few games like this wouldn't matter. I mean the Falcons blew another 14 point lead yesterday, The Chargers and Falcons both have lost the most games leading by 14 points. Might need a new change in Charger land too!

Comment

• Lyth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers will start 1-5 and Lynn will be fired at some point as the team will continue to lose games because of terrible clock management and game strategy.

Time management and coaching communication should not be an issue at this level. A rare mistake is understandable, but we're seeing this stuff weekly. Either this stage is too big for Lynn or he doesn't know the basics. It should have already been decided, but knowing this ownership, it probably hasn't. January might be worse for us than the season has been.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

^^ Truth Lyth...
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Time management and coaching communication should not be an issue at this level. A rare mistake is understandable, but we're seeing this stuff weekly. Either this stage is too big for Lynn or he doesn't know the basics. It should have already been decided, but knowing this ownership, it probably hasn't. January might be worse for us than the season has been.
              I agree. How does Anthony Lynn not know the play at the end of the first half against the Falcons. Popper asked him questions and he Lynn said well I have three lines on my headphone so I may have been talking to ST. I was like WTF!! It was a time out, Herbert comes over the sideline, Steichen takes off his headset, the coach takes off his headset and they all talk about what play the run, the scenarios etc. I think you are correct - the stage is too big for him.

Every day - and I know its because I have a Charger fan a long time so the glass isn't half empty, its basically bone dry - but I do think the Spanii are looking for ways to keep him as he "so well respected, great leader and well liked in the building." Thats not how the NFL works - sorry.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                East Coast Chargers Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Traded with Denver. They offered 1/2/3 for a slot we no longer have. Sign Kerrigan. Force Nwosu to get better and let Tranquil rotate around to preserve his soft body. lol

This is fun. Parsons at (SAM) Murray (MIKE) Moses (WILL) Let DJ roam.

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 10.12.16 PM.png
                Fleet what web site are you on for your mocks?

Comment

• therber219
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2017
                  • Iowa
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Exactly, which is why rooting for wins AND a new HC, is mutually exclusive.
                  If you say you’re rooting for both, you’re willing to gamble on the later. Which in my book leaves you with no room to complain if that happens
                  not targeting you topcat, you just happened to respond to my frustration-posting

but seriously, am I wrong here??
                  I know the body of underwhelming work and decision making on Lynn's part is already there, it's undeniable at this point, so I guess I am optimistic that even our less than stellar ownership can figure out he can't handle this. It sounds like the players are not as much behind Lynn, but behind each other, which is totally different. When I listened to Herbert's post game interview after the Raiders, I got more a sense that they were going to win out in spite of Lynn, not because of him..the players are standing together.. ..and that's what I want to preserve...

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Barely beating teams with backup quarterbacks is pretty much the worst of all worlds.

A win against a deflated Donkey team, and then against Andy Reid's 3rd stringers will move the Chargers to the #15 or 16 pick. They'll select the last first rounder on Telesco's board: a guy who will be gone in 5 years.

Lynn and staff might even return. A new 4 year deal would be just another colossal mistake by this organization.

I can't think of a fucking worse nightmare. Imagine training camp in year 2024 with Lynn....who would be promising a return to the glory of 2018 once again.
                    If this is the case freaking trade up for Sewell. Need a day 1 starter now in that position.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

If this is the case freaking trade up for Sewell. Need a day 1 starter now in that position.
                      I actually think where the Chargers are picking - - there will be some good OL options
                      Cosmi
                      Darrisaw
                      Wyatt Davis -- he might be an OG and the need for OT is there - but a solid Zach Martin plug/play OG works for me too.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                        ^^ Truth Lyth...
                        I agree. Watching Reid/Peyton coach their team yesterday was a thing of beauty. They were on top of the play calls and time management. Also, they let the refs know when they FU on calls. Just like when Mahomie fumbled and his lineman caught/advanced it. I bet you Lynn didn’t know about that rule. We can only dream of getting a seasoned HC similar to those two. JH would flourish.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I agree. Watching Reid/Peyton coach their team yesterday was a thing of beauty. They were on top of the play calls and time management. Also, they let the refs know when they FU on calls. Just like when Mahomie fumbled and his lineman caught/advanced it. I bet you Lynn didn’t know about that rule. We can only dream of getting a seasoned HC similar to those two. JH would flourish.
                          Reid and Payton are very good coaches. Chargers had a chance to talk to Reid - they never made the call or KC made him an offer he couldn't refuse

I just want a HC that isn't outcoached so often. With Lynn, I just feel like most games - the other head coach is better when the ball is kicked off until the end of the game. Thats a big disadvantage. Could care less he is liked in the building. Thats important but jeez - so is having an understanding of the game, the flow, strategy, etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X