• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I disagree with the notion that the Bengals will draft Rousseau at #3 overall. I think teams will view him less favorably than some pundits do right now. He is not explosive at all. He makes plays because of his length and scores what I could only characterize as a disproportionate number of late sacks on plays on which he was not the first to the QB, but the QB was flushed into his above average tackling radius. He does not look either all that fast or all that powerful. I see bust potential there with superior NFL execution.

While there are no sure things in the NFL draft, Sewell is the best LT prospect in years. If he is there at #3 overall, he will be the BPA and will be selected by the Bengals. They will have to decide if either Williams or Hart will kick inside and which player will play RT. Just as the Jets are not passing on Lawrence despite having Darnold, the Bengals are not passing on Sewell despite having Williams, especially for a risky player like Rousseau with less upside.

We need edge rushers and I still would not touch Rousseau at #5 overall. Honestly, I am not sure I would want him at #37 overall and if he goes before then to some other team, I will be relieved that we did not take on that risk.

As far as Parsons goes, whether or not we would take him depends on how Telesco's board is set up. With Hayward's decline this year, I could certainly see us taking Surtain II at #5 overall, but I think Parsons is the more special (in a good way) player and, if he is on the board at #5 overall, he is likely to be the BPA. Assuming Sewell is gone, I would take Parsons and then a bunch of OL players in the rounds after that. Murray's struggles make me want to take Parsons even more and re-sign Perryman if we can get him signed to a reasonable contract.
    Assuming the Bolts fire Bradley, and hire a DC who actually sends his LB's to blitz frequently, I'd be down for drafting Parsons. Parsons does most of his best work blitzing the QB, and shooting the gap for TFL on ballcarrier. Having a weapon like Parsons requires a whole new, aggressive defensive philosophy, and we will need just the right DC to maximize the talents of someone like Micah.

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I haven't seen myself, but if this is true, thats a great observation.
      agreed that even the Bungles won't Bungle the Sewell pick, that's wishful thinking
      we need them to win 1 game
      GO Bengals
      Even when the refs help us, they screw us! Is it too late to decline the OPI penalty on Green?

The Bengals play the Cowboys in week 14, so we should get some help there. Hopefully, the Bengals win because the Cowboys have some winnable game ahead.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I haven't seen myself, but if this is true, thats a great observation.
        agreed that even the Bungles won't Bungle the Sewell pick, that's wishful thinking
        we need them to win 1 game
        GO Bengals
        There are a couple ways the Bungles could bungle the Sewell pick:

1. Since most of their pass pro issues are IOL, they trade down for two high picks, one C and one G...(and the fans reach for their pitchforks)...
        2. Sewell pulls an Eli and they have to draft someone else...
        3. Some GM who is in the hot seat makes a ridiculous offer (like multiple 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder or two) and the Bengals take it...(fans still reach for pitchforks)...

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I disagree with the notion that the Bengals will draft Rousseau at #3 overall. I think teams will view him less favorably than some pundits do right now. He is not explosive at all. He makes plays because of his length and scores what I could only characterize as a disproportionate number of late sacks on plays on which he was not the first to the QB, but the QB was flushed into his above average tackling radius. He does not look either all that fast or all that powerful. I see bust potential there with superior NFL execution.

While there are no sure things in the NFL draft, Sewell is the best LT prospect in years. If he is there at #3 overall, he will be the BPA and will be selected by the Bengals. They will have to decide if either Williams or Hart will kick inside and which player will play RT. Just as the Jets are not passing on Lawrence despite having Darnold, the Bengals are not passing on Sewell despite having Williams, especially for a risky player like Rousseau with less upside.

We need edge rushers and I still would not touch Rousseau at #5 overall. Honestly, I am not sure I would want him at #37 overall and if he goes before then to some other team, I will be relieved that we did not take on that risk.

As far as Parsons goes, whether or not we would take him depends on how Telesco's board is set up. With Hayward's decline this year, I could certainly see us taking Surtain II at #5 overall, but I think Parsons is the more special (in a good way) player and, if he is on the board at #5 overall, he is likely to be the BPA. Assuming Sewell is gone, I would take Parsons and then a bunch of OL players in the rounds after that. Murray's struggles make me want to take Parsons even more and re-sign Perryman if we can get him signed to a reasonable contract.
          I agree..... with all of what you said.... if Sewell is gone, we need to take Parsons..... he is a super quick dominating every down LBer like Seau was....
          I watched multiple highlight videos of Rousseau and he is not that impressive....does not dominate like Bosa did in college..... he gets alot of late sacks after other defenders have forced QB to run into him...... and he is tall and lean.... will get pushed around on running plays....he's not Bosa or reggie white.....

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

1. Since most of their pass pro issues are IOL, they trade down for two high picks, one C and one G...(and the fans reach for their pitchforks)...
            3. Some GM who is in the hot seat makes a ridiculous offer (like multiple 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder or two) and the Bengals take it...(fans still reach for pitchforks)...
            I hope Herbert is in Sewell's ear right now
            if i'm Sewell, and i'm 1 draft slot away from playing with my compadre Justin Herbert in LA who as the reigning OROY
            I at least task my agent to privately communicate my intentions to the Bengals
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Not chancing it bro
              offer Cincinnati Mike Williams to move up 1 spot
              That's a tough sell because we have to pick up his option to do that and the Bengals or anybody I believe will inherit his 14-15 mil and if it happens,..... if I'm MW I'm not signing an extention with them. But it's the Bengals, anything can happen.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-01-2020, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The world in which Perryman is making $7.5 million and having his best year as a professional.

Kwity Paye may be the most overhyped player in football. I watched him this weekend, he was JAG. 2 sacks on the season.

Radunz, I like in the 2nd round. If Sewell is gone @#4, then draft Rouseau and get Radunz in the 2nd. I'm OK with that. If Sewell is there @#4... don't fuck around, draft him.

OC Landon Dickerson, please... round 3.
                His best seasons were his first two when we played a 3-4.
                He has half as many tackles this season right now as last season with three less games. He has started only four this season but does look alot better than Murray so far.

Haven't heard about his injury. I don't think he will cost too much.

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

I think it is wishful thinking to believe that the Bengals would pass on Sewel.
                  They believe they have a franchise QB.
                  Their franchise QB is getting destroyed because of poor line play.
                  Sound familiar?

They gotta be drooling at the prospect of Sewel, just like the Chargers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
                    Sound familiar?

Bengals need to go OT just as much if not more than the Chargers. In fact, like the Chargers, the Bengals should focus on OL .

This is what worries me about Telesco - he will think "well we have Pipkins, Bulaga and Turner will be healthy, lets roll with it next year so I can draft Waddle or JaMarr Chase to give my QB Weapons"

Not realizing the absolute BEST thing Telesco can do for Herbert is give him a top 10 OLine. Also that helps the entire team - better running game, control the line etc. I bet if you asked Telesco today - his order of importance would be:

Edge
                    CB
                    WR
                    TE - like Pitts
                    LB
                    OL -- because he can bring back Feeney and Lamp, Pipkins another year, Tevi, etc.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Yep. Charges need to go OL or trade back to get OL. This from Bill Barnwell on how to fix the Chargers

"Go after offensive line help. The Chargers have to do more to protect Herbert, whose line has been riddled with injuries. Offseason additions Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner have both missed significant time, and while they're on the roster in 2021, none of the other regulars will join them. Center Mike Pouncey, who hasn't played since Week 5 of the 2019 season, is an unrestricted free agent. So are lesser-known linemen Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney, Sam Tevi, and Ryan Groy, who have combined for 2,647 snaps this season. The Chargers rank 32nd in pass block win rate and 31st in run block win rate, so while they won't miss the departing free agents, they'll need three new starters and depth up front."

The Chargers have the worst OL in the whole league. It's a problem and it's going to effect Herbert physically and mentally. This team needs 5 new OL starters. We can sign some in FA, but we need guys who can start from day. one and in the draft you can only expect that in rounds one and two. We can't just keep putting Herbert out there and expect him to save us every week. Yeah, the defense is a sieve, but you can find a starting linebacker in rounds 3-4. Also, corner is a much bigger need than LB. The defense may be giving up 30 points a game, but lets give the offense a chance to score 40 every game with a solid OL.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Who was the last OT that pulled an Eli. I don’t remember any but thats hardly evidence of anything. Its been a long time since even a QB pick pulled an Eli - was there an Eli since Eli?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
                          Sound familiar?

There is an equally strong case for Chase.

Jonah Williams OLT.
                          Round 3 ORG eg Carman.
                          Chase to replace Adriel Jeremiah.
                          ​​​​​​
                          Now if Dallas can just drool over Rousseau...or Surtain II.
                          They have Tyron Smith and La'el Collins under big money contracts.

We are here to help these teams draft bettah. :shifty:
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X